Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 05:34 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
i don't think Pokemon is ready for the end of the Kim dynasty.
We need a legendary Pokemon for this! LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times
more info:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AArWImu?m=en-us

Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
This is the worst thing for me. Clearly that is BULL crap. Either they can't do it OR they refuse to do it because they are afraid of him. They should be shot down going forward but I suspect the truth is.. it would just show that our systems don't work and that is why they aren't doing it.
Well, the ten thousand people in South Korea that will die in our attempt is enough to give pause. The estimated warning time for South Korea is 13 seconds. They would kill thousands and thousands of people before we could react.

Thatś why nothings been done...and nothing will likely be done until SK is seriously in danger anyway.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:39 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,483,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Yes, seems worse. The alerts are creepy. Itś has always been a fear but while theyŕe shooting off missiles it seems such a close threat.
It makes the news here but I don't think there's an overwhelming sense of fear from the US public (more disgust, confusion, frustration, etc). It doesn't feel like an imminent threat to us. I can't imagine what it must feel like to keep having their missiles going over the freakin' country.

I'm also confused why they keep aiming at Japan? If they're truly "testing," why not aim it over SK (not that I'd want that either of course)? Seems like bringing in an unrelated 3rd party.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times
Yawn.
Every day many spacecraft fly over the USA.

Once in a while some space junk falls - it could kills some people easily.

I think 50 miles is what is considered "national airspace" by many....

"Military officials also said that the missile likely reached an altitude of 479 miles and flew for nearly 2,300 miles, "

If they are launching these low (<50 miles up), that's another story. But as it stands these are (somewhat) accepted rules for space flight.

My guess is that the odds of such a thing falling and hitting anything are really really low.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. North Korea spends last 8 years under Obama to develop ballistic missiles. Obama does nothing.

Trump was 100% correct.
I like your spin, Waldo, but your boy is in the driver's seat now, and has been for the past 8 months. Kim has launched more missiles in that time than ever during Obama's tenure. Trump had all this big talk, but Kim is thumbing his nose at him at every turn.

The question is, what is YOUR boy going to do ?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:41 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
It makes the news here but I don't think there's an overwhelming sense of fear from the US public (more disgust, confusion, frustration, etc). It doesn't feel like an imminent threat to us. I can't imagine what it must feel like to keep having their missiles going over the freakin' country.

I'm also confused why they keep aiming at Japan? If they're truly "testing," why not aim it over SK (not that I'd want that either of course)? Seems like bringing in an unrelated 3rd party.
North Korea wants to pull the US’s chain and has been making threatening noises for many decades to US ally of Japan, as a way for North Korea to get attention. The ww2 crap is just a sad excuse.

Same reason why North Korea Is Threatening Guam. (military base)

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And Trump will likely DO NOTHING too.
WHY is that?
Probably because the problem doesn't have an acceptable solution.
The problem started under Reagan, continued under the first Bush, then under Clinton, then under the second Bush, then under Obama, now under Trump. NONE of the previous Presidents could solve the problem and it's unlikely that Trump will either.
The Donald is getting a rude awakening on sooooooooooo many fronts. It's REAL EASY to tweet criticism of others, it's a whole 'nother ball game to have to actually SOLVE THE PROBLEMS yourself.
Welcome to the big leagues Mr Trump.
So far you're striking out.

Ken
Just curious why you specifically picked Reagan as the "start" date for the "problem."

20,834 posts, read 17,041,487 times
Its not amusing at all. When the US and allies go to war against NK it will be catastrophic.

10 days.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:44 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. North Korea spends last 8 years under Obama to develop ballistic missiles. Obama does nothing.

Trump was 100% correct.
In Obama's defense, Clinton gave NK 2 nuclear reactors and $5,000,000,000.00 of tax payer money if they wouldn't make nukes - they then quickly made nukes.

That blunder from the 1990s greatly reduced Obama's possible actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies