Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 05:47 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
It makes the news here but I don't think there's an overwhelming sense of fear from the US public (more disgust, confusion, frustration, etc). It doesn't feel like an imminent threat to us. I can't imagine what it must feel like to keep having their missiles going over the freakin' country.

I'm also confused why they keep aiming at Japan? If they're truly "testing," why not aim it over SK (not that I'd want that either of course)? Seems like bringing in an unrelated 3rd party.
Well, you might not be scared but my friends are pretty worried about it going wrong and landing in Japan.
My friends are Japanese, and they are worried. They are young though, so itś new to them to have these warnings. NK does not have an accident free track record.

I can see most people not taking him seriously. I think about the accident or two if heś flying them over Japan on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 05:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Ug, they just won´t stop. Itś on NHK news live and have not heard where itś going. No interception operation conducted.
Maybe Merika should let N Korea and S Korea settle their own problems and even more important stop threatening the N Koreans.

7 DECADES of utter stupidity. Enough is enough.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:48 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Someone needs to step up and DO something, jeezus.

Obviously Japan is helpless and hapless to do anything on its own.

What will it take, a Japanese city destroyed and hundreds/thousands killed?
So you are saying Trump should be the one to start the Nuclear War to prevent the Nuclear War?
And since he started it people in this country and the world over would be against us.

If he is only launching one missile, then it is pretty clear it is not an attack
If he hit one city, do you think we would only also fire one missile back?

No, we would fire multiples of them.

If we start it though, it will not be one missile being launched at us but multiple ones by China and Russia as well

Old 09-14-2017, 05:49 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Well, you might not be scared but my friends are pretty worried about it going wrong and landing in Japan.
My friends are Japanese, and they are worried. They are young though, so itś new to them to have these warnings. NK does not have an accident free track record.

I can see most people not taking him seriously. I think about the accident or two if heś flying them over Japan on a regular basis.
Of course they are worrying. (human nature stuff)

I have friends stationed in Japan. However, nothing will really happen.

If Kim suffered from a terminal illness, then, yes, worry. But now, nah.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:49 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Just curious why you specifically picked Reagan as the "start" date for the "problem."
That's when (the early 1980s) North Korea began it's development of yellowcake uranium and plutonium.
One can even argue that NKs nuclear path goes back further than that - but certainly by the 1980s.

Ken

Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
I am pretty worried. I thought the US position is that we would never tolerate someone with nukes - never mind someone with nukes making threats. But here we are... tolerating it.

I guess we just beat up on countries that use goats as transport.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
North Korea wants to pull the US’s chain and has been making threatening noises for many decades to US ally of Japan, as a way for North Korea to get attention. The ww2 crap is just a sad excuse.

Same reason why North Korea Is Threatening Guam. (military base)
Yes, they want to be big shots. The NK leader wants to sit at the table with the big boys so he is making noise. I think he might have talked it all over with Denise Rodman. lol

Old 09-14-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I am pretty worried. I thought the US position is that we would never tolerate someone with nukes - never mind someone with nukes making threats. But here we are... tolerating it.

I guess we just beat up on countries that use goats as transport.
Naw, just countries that have our allies held hostage. China is not likely to do much because there are only so many communist countries left, and they want them to stay.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Yes, they want to be big shots. The NK leader wants to sit at the table with the big boys so he is making noise. I think he might have talked it all over with Denise Rodman. lol
I read this on another forum, the poster said,

North Korea isn’t stupid. They have a nuclear weapon (or two). They really don’t want to use in on South Korea, because thats what they hope to take over, what do you want, an city or a nuclear blasted wasteland? They also know they don’t have the capability of nuking the United States (yet anyway) and really they cant trust the accuracy of their missiles too much. So what do you do? You nuke Japan, which your missiles CAN reach, and Japan is big enough so they wont miss. Japan is a US ally, so its fine. There are American troops in Japan (usually) so its okay. Problem over, threaten Japan, US goes home, you take over South Korea. If the South Koreans don’t like it, you threaten them with a nuke or two.

I think i can agree with the above. Nothing will really happen though.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Of course they are worrying. (human nature stuff)

I have friends stationed in Japan. However, nothing will really happen.

If Kim suffered from a terminal illness, then, yes, worry. But now, nah.
I hope you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies