Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:24 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Where did you get the idea the prom was held at a religious school? The article said nothing of the sort, and the school's name doesn't mention religion. And once again, women don't exist merely to be eye candy for men, or not. Believe it or not, they choose clothes for themselves. The whole world does not revolve around men's opinions
Around the time it happened a few yrs ago there were some other articles in media that explained it was a Christian based school.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
She was dancing with a black guy. Her dress was just a convenient excuse.
yep, this is immediately what I saw. She wasn't even wearing anything that was beyond what most other prom dresses look like. And she wasn't overly developed in any way physically. It's pretty clear what the issue was.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:45 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
yep, this is immediately what I saw. She wasn't even wearing anything that was beyond what most other prom dresses look like. And she wasn't overly developed in any way physically. It's pretty clear what the issue was.
The average female anchor on Fox News shows more skin than she did. It clearly had nothing at all to do with the way she looked. If her date would have been white, she would not have been kicked out.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think it was more than the dress. Looks like her date is black and she is white. That probably got more attention than the dress. Not saying that is right or wrong, just the most likely reason for the raised eyebrows.
Again, I don't see how race is a factor. She would've just said so in the story.

She's probably from a pretty uptight town, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Racist home schoolers were just staring at her because she brought a black date!
If that were the case, she would've just said so.

Sounds to me like she may have been getting a bit too wild in that dress and a few adult prudes complained about it.
Quote:
She was dancing with a black guy. Her dress was just a convenient excuse.
I doubt that was the problem. I'm sure their relationship is no secret.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
The average female anchor on Fox News shows more skin than she did. It clearly had nothing at all to do with the way she looked. If her date would have been white, she would not have been kicked out.
The average female anchor is not 17.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:48 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The Dad's couldn't stop staring? Disgusting, Ogling someone their own daughters age.
I did not find what she wore offensive at all....we have some dirty old men out there.
I guess some men are going to ogle someone unless they are dressed in a Burka.
There seems to be a pattern of denial. Those old white guys most likely resented that a young blonde girl was with a black guy. It's as simple as that. They came from a generation where it was far less prevalent (interracial dating). There is likely racism underneath. My opinion is that is the real reason they kept staring. The dress is actually modest.

I went to a HS in rural AZ where the "N" word was thrown routinely in football games by racist white men from Generation X. In those days, practically no teen white girl would date a black male. They just simply wouldn't do it. The racism was intense - a blatant dividing line. Those old white guys who had been 80s teens would have a nervous breakdown at the average college gym where couples like that are common.

As for me, I am Native American. I had a blonde white girlfriend in Florida. Most white people didn't seem to care - especially the younger generation. But every now and then the resentment would appear. It was infrequent but still in existence.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:14 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The average female anchor is not 17.
lol

Old 09-16-2017, 03:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
There seems to be a pattern of denial. Those old white guys most likely resented that a young blonde girl was with a black guy. It's as simple as that. They came from a generation where it was far less prevalent (interracial dating). There is likely racism underneath. My opinion is that is the real reason they kept staring. The dress is actually modest.

I went to a HS in rural AZ where the "N" word was thrown routinely in football games by racist white men from Generation X. In those days, practically no teen white girl would date a black male. They just simply wouldn't do it. The racism was intense - a blatant dividing line. Those old white guys who had been 80s teens would have a nervous breakdown at the average college gym where couples like that are common.

As for me, I am Native American. I had a blonde white girlfriend in Florida. Most white people didn't seem to care - especially the younger generation. But every now and then the resentment would appear. It was infrequent but still in existence.
"They came from a generation where it was far less prevalent (interracial dating)." lmao There seems to be a pattern of falsely playing the race card. The Dads are probably 20-25 years older than the kids. Are you saying in 1995 inter racial dating wasn't prevalent?

Old 09-16-2017, 08:15 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothick View Post
She was a 17 year old a a middle school "prom" for home schooled students at a methodist church.
She really just should not have bothered going in the first place and had a friend take her to high school prom.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:38 AM

35,696 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Christian's full of hate-- not going to heaven- older men with evil thoughts- about a young gal not going to heaven-
glad it came out and exposed in the media-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies