Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 09:40 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,066,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I've highlighted the key words here.
Too many people confuse their own lack of understanding with people not having legitimate reasons.
Explain the purpose of destroying property then ? Explain the purpose of a riot ?

Because they went beyond "protesting".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 09:44 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,902,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Explain the purpose of destroying property then ? Explain the purpose of a riot ?

Because they went beyond "protesting".
I've done this before. When the authorities over step their boundaries the only option left is for the people to do the same.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:52 AM

3,539 posts, read 1,316,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The guy was a convicted heroin dealer who had cops come up on him when they believed he was dealing drugs, and he rammed into their car and nearly ran them over.

I'm not sure who "feared for their life" more.

This is where you lose me. There's walking down the street minding your own business, or cops breaking into your house mistakenly, and because of their disregard for your life because of your color, killing you. That's an issue that people of conscience anywhere should understand, or at least attempt to.

Then there's a known drug dealer out on parole, who runs from the cops and smashes into their car..and people protesting because the cop wasn't convicted of framing the victim. I don't understand what type of society protesters think we should be living in..one where you have a right to smash into cop cars to escape them because you don't like cops when you're out on parole?
when the cop has his own personal rifle in the backseat and he says he's going to kill a guy before hand, all that ramming of the cop car mess is irrelevant. The cop was going to kill him regardless. The victim could have been sitting there eating a cheeseburger and the cop was going to kill him. Nice try. The cop wasn't scared at all. You blindly support the police and their words, so take the cop at his word. He was going to kill that guy regardless of anything. That's why the "fear for my life" excuse is complete garbage.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've done this before. When the authorities over step their boundaries the only option left is for the people to do the same.
So it's the cops' fault these people are rioting? You seem very anti-cop. Would you rather a lawless society ?

Old 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,905,005 times
Quote:
So it's the cops' fault these people are rioting? You seem very anti-cop. Would you rather a lawless society ?
Today in inability to reason theater...

Poster accuses poster who wants police to be lawful of wanting an unlawful society.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:19 AM

28,968 posts, read 14,290,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Protesting I understand. Rioting and property damage is and adult having the equivalent of a child's temper tantrum.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:26 AM

13,506 posts, read 16,962,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
when the cop has his own personal rifle in the backseat and he says he's going to kill a guy before hand, all that ramming of the cop car mess is irrelevant. The cop was going to kill him regardless. The victim could have been sitting there eating a cheeseburger and the cop was going to kill him. Nice try. The cop wasn't scared at all. You blindly support the police and their words, so take the cop at his word. He was going to kill that guy regardless of anything. That's why the "fear for my life" excuse is complete garbage.
Didn't he say he was going to kill the guy after his vehicle was rammed and the driver nearly ran him and his partner over? It's not really that outrageous a response for someone to make when someone nearly kills them. I never blindly support the police and their words. I know that an obviously dangerous person with a criminal record was confronted by a yahoo cop (my judgement based on the fact that he's carrying an AK47 on patrol). I'm pretty sure the guy wouldn't have been dead if he didn't smash into cop cars and flee in a manner that disregarded anyone else's health and safety. Does that give a cop a license to execute him? No. Does this mean dead man is some tragic figure that is that is a hapless victim of police brutality? I'm not sure that ramming police cars is a good way to avoid making yourself a victim.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The guy was a convicted heroin dealer who had cops come up on him when they believed he was dealing drugs, and he rammed into their car and nearly ran them over.

I'm not sure who "feared for their life" more.

This is where you lose me. There's walking down the street minding your own business, or cops breaking into your house mistakenly, and because of their disregard for your life because of your color, killing you. That's an issue that people of conscience anywhere should understand, or at least attempt to.

Then there's a known drug dealer out on parole, who runs from the cops and smashes into their car..and people protesting because the cop wasn't convicted of framing the victim. I don't understand what type of society protesters think we should be living in..one where you have a right to smash into cop cars to escape them because you don't like cops when you're out on parole?

Why does a persons previous record justify what cops do? Is it because you believe drug dealers have a history of shooting cops? What about the history of cops?

If you listened to the tape of Texas Trooper Brian Encinia, he says he feared for his life. He felt Sandra Bland put his life in jeopardy more than once. He didn't know what was in her purse or the console and it concerned him. He was trained to remain calm, however, and he did. This is what he told the guy investigating the incident.

Then you listen to the tape that was released and this POS goes to the car and tells her to put out her cigarette. When she continues to ask why, saying she's in her own car, he goes off on her like a maniac, screaming he will light her up and to get out of the car.

Listen to his damn lies here:

Officer Who Arrested Sandra Bland Speaks « CBS Chicago

Automatically giving cops the benefit of the doubt doesn't lead to justice for the people.

I think when incidents like this happen and there's no video that tells the tale, the cops record and any complaints issued against him or her should become public knowledge.

If you want to look at history it should be done for both people involved. It's the only way to uncover abuse of power since cops are not a self-policing group, but a group of self-protection and coverups.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Today in inability to reason theater...

Poster accuses poster who wants police to be lawful of wanting an unlawful society.
If the police tell you to leave and you don't want to then just stand there and get arrested.

But these people didn't do that. They didn't stand their ground. They started destroying property which is breaking the law which led to their arrests.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:37 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,905,005 times
Quote:
If the police tell you to leave and you don't want to then just stand there and get arrested.

But these people didn't do that. They didn't stand their ground. They started destroying property which is breaking the law which led to their arrests.
Ok

Why did you post this in relation to the post of mine that you quoted?
I don't see any connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies