Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well, a reasonable retort.

I did find this: Activists Smear Shapiro Before Berkeley Speec | The Daily Caller

The left tars anyone they disagree with as racist and after Charlottesville, calling people White Supremacist is now growing. Kind of like how Conservatives (and not a few liberals) used to smear people as Commies.

As for me, I never heard of Shapiro until this week.
I literally named the "agitators" from that article in my first post. This article mentions "Berkeley left-wing agitators", and the website "RefuseFascism". I don't think it's fair to say that they're ambassadors of The Left. You're actually helping me make my point!

Again, where is the evidence of a left-wing smear campaign against Ben Shapiro? These people are outliers, fringe. You got nothin' my man (or wo-man).

Look, I actually do have to get back to my real job, but in the meantime enjoy knocking down your strawman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 02:32 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The liberals who run academia need to put an end to it.
But they're doubling down on it, sadly.

I was watching Tucker Carlson last night, and a Berkeley (I think it was that school) professor was on. His take was that it was imperative for a community to take the violent offensive to "protect" their community from past, and potential future, racist rhetoric. He kept insisting it was self-defense, in spite of Carlson's explaining to him the legal definition of self-defense. He just kept repeating his mantra over and over, with a smirk on his face.

That academic will never "put and end to it". He thinks he's justified in beating some heads.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:33 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I literally named the "agitators" from that article in my first post. This article mentions "Berkeley left-wing agitators", and the website "RefuseFascism". I don't think it's fair to say that they're ambassadors of The Left. You're actually helping me make my point!

Again, where is the evidence of a left-wing smear campaign against Ben Shapiro? These people are outliers, fringe. You got nothin' my man (or wo-man).

Look, I actually do have to get back to my real job, but in the meantime enjoy knocking down your strawman.

Gee... last time I give you props.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:33 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Correction: Because they don't watch him AT ALL. In fact, those people NEVER watched even one minute of his show/talk/speech.
Of course they haven't. They've just been told that he's a white supremacist, and therefore must be protested against. Sheeple........

Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Where is Bueller? And, I want to win Ben Stein's money.

That said, he and Kudlow are two people I just won't listen to. Nothing valid to say, IMHO.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Just let the guy talk.

Doesn't seem that hard to me.
They can't. He crushes all of their "arguments" so the only thing left for them to do is label him a "racist" and ban him.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:39 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
These people are outliers, fringe.
This type of narrative, along with so many other pieces of the illiberal regressive social constructivist movement, is consistently growing in prevalence, however. It has already largely migrated from the fringe to the vanguard, among 16-24 year old leftists circa 2017, and many would like to take it mainstream in the years and decades ahead.

Just as I think it's counter-productive to try and paint everyone on one side as having the same ideas, I also think it's a bad idea to dismiss or ignore the real changes and the real movements happening in the world of ideas.
----------------------------------
The political spectrum can hardly be described on a two-dimensional graph, let alone the one-dimensional line (or football game) it often gets reduced to which causes so much disagreement and confusion. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:42 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I was watching Tucker Carlson last night, and a Berkeley (I think it was that school) professor was on. His take was that it was imperative for a community to take the violent offensive to "protect" their community from past, and potential future, racist rhetoric. He kept insisting it was self-defense, in spite of Carlson's explaining to him the legal definition of self-defense. He just kept repeating his mantra over and over, with a smirk on his face.
This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxtxpEZKaQ

Old 09-15-2017, 02:42 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
This type of narrative, along with so many other pieces of the illiberal regressive social constructivist movement, is consistently growing in prevalence, however. It has already largely migrated from the fringe to the vanguard, among 16-24 year old leftists circa 2017, and many would like to take it mainstream in the years and decades ahead.

Just as I think it's counter-productive to try and paint everyone on one side with the same ideas, I also think it's a bad idea to dismiss or ignore the real changes and the real movements happening in the world of ideas.
----------------------------------
The political spectrum can hardly be described on a two-dimensional graph, let alone the one-dimensional line (or football game) it often gets reduced to which causes so much disagreement and confusion. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.
Agree. These regressives were "fringe" 25 years ago when I went to college. Not so anymore. I believe a majority of millenials disagree with the first amendment. Sad but true.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:43 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But they're doubling down on it, sadly.

That academic will never "put and end to it". He thinks he's justified in beating some heads.
that same boob has been active on twitter recently.

John Jay professor slammed after tweeting he’s proud to teach ‘future dead cops’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies