Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:15 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is "fake news." I was just watching an Antifa protest where they were burning MAGA hats in protest. These were not Trump supporters.

I can understand why this would be so traumatic to a cult member and how so many are in the denial stage. You can be thankful that the other people of this country, the large majority, are not vindictive and won't persecute Trump followers, after his fall from the favor of everyone. Even though they would have done many bad things to this country if they had been able, they will now benefit from the basic kindness and sense of tolerance that most of our people have.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hilarious!

They're upset that tRump may allow the Dreamers to stay.

Some of Mr Trump's followers have taken to Twitter, to burn the distinctive Make America Great Again hats, sharing pictures and videos of the act with the hashtag #burnmyMAGAhat.

https://www.indy100.com/article/dona...rotest-7948486

This is for real.

Carry on.

I just saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago.

Earlier today, in a restaurant, at the bottom of the screen on one of the news channels, the news scrolled across as something along the lines of 'Trump supporters burn red hats'. The next thought that crossed my mind was 'Old Gringo is going to chuckle quite a bit about this' .

Old 09-15-2017, 10:19 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is "fake news." I was just watching an Antifa protest where they were burning MAGA hats in protest. These were not Trump supporters.
The only people I have seen burning those hats are angry former Trumpites, on Coulter's own damn Twitter feed.

I have seriously never seen denial to rival this, anywhere. It may be the 8th wonder of the world.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
The thing is..that conventional wisdom has been used for so long now..to deny entree into govt. many different people and positions.

The person with the most votes wins--that's how it works. Instead of being herded into interest groups and blocks...manipulated into emotional responses to what are, at heart, intellectual issues--some requiring much thought and compromise--someday...the sheep will look up, stand up and realize that they can vote whomever they want into office.

But of course..it's all up to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Not true in 2000. Not true in 2016.

The person with the most delegates from the EC wins and "damn the most votes".

Then we have the issue of "counted votes" as opposed to cast votes. We also have voter purges, shortages of voting machines in the "right" places and much more.

The way this country works now - you have to win by a LOT or you lose to whoever controls the system.

Don't forget to add how the scheming Republicans gerrymandered the voting districts to steal many more wins in the House elections. Right now, if all their underhanded actions were cancelled, they would not have a majority there.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I just saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago.

Earlier today, in a restaurant, at the bottom of the screen on one of the news channels, the news scrolled across as something along the lines of 'Trump supporters burn red hats'. The next thought that crossed my mind was 'Old Gringo is going to chuckle quite a bit about this' .
You have to admit that it is amusing.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hilarious!

They're upset that tRump may allow the Dreamers to stay.

Some of Mr Trump's followers have taken to Twitter, to burn the distinctive Make America Great Again hats, sharing pictures and videos of the act with the hashtag #burnmyMAGAhat.

https://www.indy100.com/article/dona...rotest-7948486

This is for real.

Carry on.

I'm loving it!

Old 09-15-2017, 11:10 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
[quote=AnywhereElse;49530992]
I] integrity is important to Trump's supporters[/i][/b],

Best joke I've heard all week. You playing the comedy store this weekend?

Part of his deplorables are waking up to reality. They been living under his WWE imagine too long.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:27 AM

14,681 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_turtles View Post
I'm a snowflake and a Trump supporter. What now? Snowflake = millennial. If you don't know why, short story is it's our parent's fault for raising this gen ****ty.
Ah yes, young people blaming their parents for their supposed personality defects. Some things never change.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:29 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
If Putin burns his MAGA hat, Donny is in for it.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some people actually believe there would be “mass deportations” . If they voted Trump for this reason, well, what do they expect?

and that wall paid by Mexicans? Do people actually believe it? come on.
Yes Lilly...they really did believe it. Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies