Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 10:35 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm not ok with that, I like my hamburgers and fried chicken and don't want to pay $30 for a hamburger, or $20 for a 4 piece tenders at Church's
Your burgers would definitely be more expensive, but it would be a big boom for private farmers which is good for the country as a whole. Cattle would go back to the prairies and pastures where they belong. Eating grass and at least the mothers could play with their calves in the sun. The beef is much more healthy as well, much lower in fat and better eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 11:25 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think we would all be better people if we eliminated commercial feedlots and puppy mills. There is not partisanship in that. That is just humanity.

Meat and puppies would be much more expensive. I think all of us are fine with that.
It would be great if we could produce real meat in a lab/factory from cells and not have to kill living breathing animals for food.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:50 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
If people are not adopting rescue pets from the shelters, what the hell makes these morons think that people will now go and get them at a pet store???

The stupidity of liberalism is boundless

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 09-18-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 12:09 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If people are not adopting rescue pets from the shelters, what the hell makes these morons think that people will now go and get them at a pet store???

Don't group all liberals together, I'm liberal and I'm dead set against this stupid law

Old 09-18-2017, 12:15 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

And here's another one. I am honestly surprised at how many people in 2017 don't know the difference between a puppy mill and a responsible breeder.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:17 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I recently saw a video about how we have dumbed our dogs down like we have our children. They put some tests together for dogs and wolves to figure out how to get food, simple little mechanisms that would open doors to food. The wolves were much quicker. In some cases the dogs just laid down and looked at their owners like "please deal with this for me"

It was embarrassing for them LOL.
I didn't know my dog was in a movie!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It would be great if we could produce real meat in a lab/factory from cells and not have to kill living breathing animals for food.
We are getting ever closer to that reality. When that happens, that's the only meat I'll eat.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And here's another one. I am honestly surprised at how many people in 2017 don't know the difference between a puppy mill and a responsible breeder.
I don't. None of you could even come up with a remotely credible explanation.

If you say, here's a list of minimum requirements for a breeder to meet to be a "responsible breeder," I'd be right there with you.

In our line of business, we have to maintain certain standards like ISO/QS. If you don't have that, nobody is better than nobody.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:39 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Don't group all liberals together, I'm liberal and I'm dead set against this stupid law
K, sorry.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:48 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't. None of you could even come up with a remotely credible explanation.

If you say, here's a list of minimum requirements for a breeder to meet to be a "responsible breeder," I'd be right there with you.

In our line of business, we have to maintain certain standards like ISO/QS. If you don't have that, nobody is better than nobody.
I believe any number of people have described for your edification what responsible breeders do.

You chose to dismiss them. Now, I am dismissing you. Bless your heart, welcome to ignore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies