Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:53 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

16 year old Michigander Muhammad Altantawi is accused of murdering his mother for being too American.

Allegedly, the father - who was not living with the mother, convicted of welfare fraud and domestic violence, and had a restraining order against him by the mother - would constantly berate the mother to his kids for being too American and young Muhammad also believed that his mother was too Americanized and was trying to "Americanize" him.

The kid will be charged as an adult.

Culture clash roiled family before Farmington Hills mother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
His father should be arrested the dude clearly seems to be at least a potential Terrorist sympathizer. It is amazing that the kids is 100% Syrian, I know some middle easterners can and do pass for White but he looks completely European with no Arab admixture at all IMO.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
This is what we're letting in. Great.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
His father should be arrested the dude clearly seems to be at least a potential Terrorist sympathizer. It is amazing that the kids is 100% Syrian, I know some middle easterners can and do pass for White but he looks completely European with no Arab admixture at all IMO.
That IS what Syrians look like. Syrians are caucasians. White. That kid is a prime example of the typical Syrian appearance.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
16 year old Michigander Muhammad Altantawi is accused of murdering his mother for being too American.

Allegedly, the father - who was not living with the mother, convicted of welfare fraud and domestic violence, and had a restraining order against him by the mother - would constantly berate the mother to his kids for being too American and young Muhammad also believed that his mother was too Americanized and was trying to "Americanize" him.

The kid will be charged as an adult.

Culture clash roiled family before Farmington Hills mother
Talk about being disrespectful there, you punk. I don't trust many Muslims but, Muhammad, you ARE an insult to Islam.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That IS what Syrians look like. Syrians are caucasians. White. That kid is a prime example of the typical Syrian appearance.

Agreed.

Arabs, Italians and Greeks are as "different" as Indian Mexicans and Indian Guatemalans if talking DNA.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:22 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:

Impossible. People who oppose Syrian refugees are racists, and you can't be racist against whites.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:36 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Impossible. People who oppose Syrian refugees are racists, and you can't be racist against whites.

Racist is the wrong word. People who oppose Syrian refugees are bigots and bigots can be opposed and bigoted against anybody of any race or ethnicity, including their own race or ethnicity. Bigots are usually uneducated and very ignorant about facts.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:01 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle bully View Post
impossible. People who oppose syrian refugees are racists, and you can't be racist against whites.
:d

Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Racist is the wrong word. People who oppose Syrian refugees are bigots and bigots can be opposed and bigoted against anybody of any race or ethnicity, including their own race or ethnicity. Bigots are usually uneducated and very ignorant about facts.

I oppose Syrian immigrants in bulk but not specifically, largely because most of their country makes "Bubba the hood wearing wife beater from Philly or small town Mississippi look normal.

I would also oppose letting into the country 100,000 17th century catholics from Spain. (look it up)

Has nothing to do with race, gender, religion nor pigmentation but rather the fact that I've seen plenty of information suggesting that the average Syrian has some viewpoints towards women, gays, jews and many others that I personally oppose.

The irony that you would call people bigots for not wanting to let in......even worse bigots.....(on average) is palpable.

Now keep in mind, I'd gladly welcome Syrians that passed some sort of screening.

Look at it this way, If Yellowstone erupted and all of the US had to emigrate to <insert country name here>, who would seriously want a bunch of racist uneducated white folk with meth addiction that made their living illegally? Wouldn't your own country want to cherry pick the doctors and so forth?

But wait! If you opposed getting piles of refugees from Americans most uneducated and impoverished areas with dim views towards oh.....muslims....I guess that would make you a bigot? No, not really...but that's the argument you're making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies