Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 07:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Smerconish is right. He's the ONLY one I've heard to say that. He's talking in reference to the "pundit class" to the likes of the bomb throwers on the left and right whose livelihood depends on discord in Congress. I don't think Americans are truly angry, they're being TOLD to be angry. It's the mob mentality, and it works. I noticed this myself when I only listened to the most left wing and right wing people, and eventually my mind molded into whatever it was that person at the time was saying. I turn off the talk radio, turn off the most partisan people on TV, and eventually you'll notice, why am I not so angry anymore? Eventually, I became somewhat apathetic.

So, my advice for everybody, stop paying attention to people whose source of income depends on chaos and discord.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:23 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Definitely true. I was laughing as amateur actor Bakari Sellers was feigning outrage at the White House comments on Jemele Hill. They are all putting on a show for ratings.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:10 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Your subject line mangles the quote. And your source is wrong.

Quote:
"I hope we can again rely on humility, on our need to cooperate, on our dependence on each other to learn how to trust each other again and by so doing better serve the people who elected us. Stop listening to the bombastic loudmouths on the radio and television and the Internet. To hell with them. They don't want anything done for the public good. Our incapacity is their livelihood.
Sen. John McCain. 7/25/17

John McCain Speech On Senate Floor: Video And Transcript : NPR

Old 09-17-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Your subject line mangles the quote. And your source is wrong.

Sen. John McCain. 7/25/17

John McCain Speech On Senate Floor: Video And Transcript : NPR
I was paraphrasing Smerconish, not McCain. So what do you think what both of them say?

Old 09-17-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Definitely true. I was laughing as amateur actor Bakari Sellers was feigning outrage at the White House comments on Jemele Hill. They are all putting on a show for ratings.
Which leads me to think, why do you people search out those who seem the most angry? Glenn Beck is probably the most level headed on the right wing talk radio circuit, but his ratings have gone down. And I see a lot of "angry people" on here, quote Michael Savage a lot. He's known for his outbursts. I think it's all manufactured rage. Time then out, and then you'll feel better. I remember when I was a regular Savage listener. I was a different person back then. It really does play with the mind, it's incredible.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:03 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Which leads me to think, why do you people search out those who seem the most angry? Glenn Beck is probably the most level headed on the right wing talk radio circuit, but his ratings have gone down. And I see a lot of "angry people" on here, quote Michael Savage a lot. He's known for his outbursts. I think it's all manufactured rage. Time then out, and then you'll feel better. I remember when I was a regular Savage listener. I was a different person back then. It really does play with the mind, it's incredible.
It is manufactured outrage. Unfortunately, many Americans don't have the self awareness, or capacity for introspection, or intelligence to take a step back and stop listening to and watching the loudmouths. So they get caught up in it, and basically are puppets with some millionaire TV pundit or talk radio maniac telling them what to think.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
If you don't watch or listen you won't be toxic.

Isn't it that simple? I don't watch broadcast or cable TV at all. Not even 30 minutes a week. Not even in a month!

It is as simple as that, but as the above poster says, most Americans cannot actually understand the process of making decisions for sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies