Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:21 PM

62,852 posts, read 29,085,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Here's a compromise I can accept.

Give them green cards but bar them ever become US citizens.

They can stay and have a life in US but can't vote.

Fair enough?

Nope! It's not fair to immigrants who came here the legal way. It's not fair to the American worker. We don't need 800,000 illegals added permanently to our society as it negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration. It rewards their parents for bringing them here illegally. Why would they want to stay here when their families are deported? I thought their culture was all about family unity and ties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
And where, exactly, is their home country? Some hellhole they have no memory of setting foot in?

The place of their birth. Not our problem if it's a hellhole. Let them go back there and work to fix their countries. Most of these Dreamers weren't brought here as infants so yes they have memory of their homelands. They are taught the culture and language of their homelands by their parents. People often move to different places and aren't traumatized over it. In fact the Dreamer's parents did it, duh. It's a lame excuse.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,586,489 times
Here's my solution. Those who think illegals who are already here should be allowed to stay, should be assessed an additional, rather high tax to support them.

But then we should secure our boarders once and for all or those same people will be in the poor house.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:33 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here's my solution. Those who think illegals who are already here should be allowed to stay, should be assessed an additional, rather high tax to support them.

But then we should secure our boarders once and for all or those same people will be in the poor house.
How about, since they're already here paying taxes and supporting themselves, we make a new rule. If you don't want them here, you can pay to makeup the roughly 40 billion/year hit to our GDP and all the tax dollars that would've brought in, and you can register so that when your house is on fire or you're having a heart attack, a dreamer doesn't show up to put out the flames or to save your life.

Sound good?

Old 09-17-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
How about, since they're already here paying taxes and supporting themselves, we make a new rule. If you don't want them here, you can pay to makeup the roughly 40 billion/year hit to our GDP and all the tax dollars that would've brought in, and you can register so that when your house is on fire or you're having a heart attack, a dreamer doesn't show up to put out the flames or to save your life.

Sound good?
I asked you earlier in the thread - what is your reason for wanting illegals here? What exactly do you have against our laws and our immigration process?

Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Sound good?
People who want to follow laws of our land shouldn't be on the hook for the $100 billion plus it costs to have illegals here.

So no, let the lawbreakers and their advocates pay.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Sound good?

What a joke! If Americans got their jobs back from illegal aliens they in turn would be paying taxes and contributing to our GDP. Illegals never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs. They cost us $113 billion a year and send billions out of our country back to their homelands not spent in our economy. Oh gee, there's no Americans to save our lives? This one of the lamest arguments that I have heard yet in this forum defending Dreamers and other illegal aliens.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I asked you earlier in the thread - what is your reason for wanting illegals here? What exactly do you have against our laws and our immigration process?

Don't hold your breath for an honest answer if you get one at all. I have asked several defenders of illegal aliens in here the same question and all you get is crickets. I suspect that most of them are here illegally themselves or have ethnic ties to them. It is self-serving and selfish.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't hold your breath for an honest answer if you get one at all. I have asked several defenders of illegal aliens in here the same question and all you get is crickets. I suspect that most of them are here illegally themselves or have ethnic ties to them. It is self-serving and selfish.
The only reason I can think of is that this is a touchy subject because they're illegals or were born here of illegals.

There's no logical reason for this. NONE. What we see are stupid people fighting for something they cannot even defend.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Not all illegals. The ones we're talking about are, for all practical purposes, Americans. They grew up here, went to school here, and lead productive lives here.

They're much better Americans than the trash whiners who sit around in their trailer parks moaning that they can't get a job while making no effort to gain any useful skills.

Americans won't be getting "their" jobs back. If they would qualified and reliable, they'd already have those jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies