Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 12:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,295,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Unless, you are a native american, then you are an immigrant. And immigrants are why our country is so great today.
Immigrants aren't necessarily good or bad.

Just like native born people are not necessarily good or bad.

The left has this hero worship with immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 12:28 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,295,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Well when Trump starts clamping down harder on illegals they will all flock to California.
If DACA goes belly up there's another million+ that will flock to California.
Yeah and the state already has a lot of issues. Highest poverty rate etc.

A good majority of illegals live in poverty too .

Old 09-17-2017, 12:28 AM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

No hero worship, just humans accepting other humans.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:33 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,065,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
These 2.3 million will be absorbed and many will become citizens whether you like it or not the the other thing is most are good decent people. Like I said it's an added plus if it motivates the ultra right wingers to move out of California they won't be missed.
Without an amnesty bill from Congress no they won't become citizens.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:29 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,544,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Hope to move out of this cesspool in the near future.
Love it every time one of you says this.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Fine. You're a sanctuary state, California.

When the next earthquake hits -- you're own your own.
Get your illegals to dig you out.
Those hurricanes and tornadoes happen way more than earthquakes - - especially in San Diego. We'll take our money and you can worry about our earthquakes.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

And the right has this hero worship with sheet wearing crackers. I'm fine with my side - - what about you?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:30 AM

32,847 posts, read 12,107,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
These 2.3 million will be absorbed and many will become citizens whether you like it or not the the other thing is most are good decent people. Like I said it's an added plus if it motivates the ultra right wingers to move out of California they won't be missed.
So....good and decent people intentionally break the law. Interesting (they just want a better life doesn't cut it....it is a rationalization.....they know they are breaking the law).

BTW, as I said is correct, not like I said. Like is a comparison word, not a proper substitute for as in that context.

Your first sentence is spot on, and what you wrote in that sentence will happen.....whether people who think our immigration laws should be followed like it or not.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:39 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,817,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
So....good and decent people intentionally break the law. Interesting (they just want a better life doesn't cut it....it is a rationalization.....they know they are breaking the law).

BTW, as I said is correct, not like I said. Like is a comparison word, not a proper substitute for as in that context.

Your first sentence is spot on, and what you wrote in that sentence will happen.....whether people who think our immigration laws should be followed like it or not.
Yes they do sometimes in my opinion. Family comes first(I know that's a hard concept to fathom for some of the selfish pricks that post on here), but if I were in some of their shoes I likely would have chosen to come illegally to the US to make a better life for my kids. Thankfully I have never had to do it.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,691,365 times
Lets build the "wall" along the California border.

It can be the sanctuary state for illegals, and the penitentiary state for all criminals. All the dregs of society can be sent there to fend for themselves, run their own economy, and all other affairs as they see fit.

The only thing the rest of the country pays for is maintenance on the wall.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies