Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 07:52 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times

Advertisements

His absolutely heinous judicial appointments (see John Bush) prevent him from really being a Democrat. In my opinion, he has no ideology but rather just wants to be liked.

So us liberals need to feed him lots of praise whenever he does something good. Don't gloat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Trump has no particular ideology other than making Trump look good.

Other than that, he's an empty vessel that is filled by the current voices whispering in his ear. One day it's Bannon, another day it's Kelly, etc.

Which is why his presidency is so completely incoherent.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:50 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Slowly but surely the veil is being lifted. All that bluster is an act is my theory, and it's slowly seeping out.

If he switches parties and runs again as a democrat he would suddenly be a leftist hero. Progressives have no soul and no integrity.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:53 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
trump has no core values. Last week he was a conservative GOP; this week he's a liberal Dem. Next week, who knows.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If he switches parties and runs again as a democrat he would suddenly be a leftist hero. Progressives have no soul and no integrity.
Oh no. It's far too late to pawn him off on us. He would NEVER win our parties primary.

He won the REPBULICAN primary and is a Republican president. You keep him, thank you very much ~ the Democrats do not want him.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:58 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Unlike in the Republican party, he wouldn't survive the first primary on the Democratic side. But it is funny that you equate voting for Trump with the epitome of having no soul and no integrity. I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:14 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Unlike in the Republican party, he wouldn't survive the first primary on the Democratic side. But it is funny that you equate voting for Trump with the epitome of having no soul and no integrity. I couldn't agree more.
That's because the DNC has super delegates who pick who wins. The voters are just a sideshow.

This was proved in 2008 when Hillary won the popular vote but didn't get the nomination. Blacks got upset with Bill Clinton and pressured the Congressional Black Caucus to switch their pledged Hillary votes to Obama.

This was proved again in 2016 when it was completely rigged to give Hillary the nomination no matter how it went. And with that, they even had to cheat. In the end, it was the Super Delegates who decided it.

So I agree. Trump would not have survived this process. The "establishment" from both parties does not want him because he won't play their game. I'm surprised that are some, such as yourself apparently, who continue to support this corrupt broken system.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:36 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you think a Democrat would have done all of this?

HERE IT IS=> Complete List of President Trump's Major Accomplishments in His First Six Months #MAGA

He's nullified close to 900 Obama era regulations.

There's no way a Democrat would have done that.

Regan famously said of the Democratic Party, "We didn't leave them. They left us."

Today, with a record number of independent voters, the same could be said of both parties.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:56 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's doing what he has to do to placate the right. Most of his voters don't give a damn about lifting regulations on businesses. 9 outta 10 Trump voters can't even name a business regulation that they don't like. Nullifying regulations placates wealthy business owners, not worker bees like you.

Trump isn't a Democrat, but he's definitely not a conservative Republican.

Trump has a clear life long history of racism, so we know he is racist.

Trump has no history of supporting policy for either party. Sure he was not a politician but many non politicians have long histories of supporting various policies. Trump has NO background at all, not even working to help a particular subset of americans.

What this means (in my view)is that it is very unlikely Trump is anything more than a power hungry populist with a racist bent. Not a full bore nazi, more of a by default as his dad raised bit of a racist. I don't think he cares much beyond having some prejudice against non whites.

this is why his talk is all over the place, he simply does not have any core beliefs or real interest in politics , policy .

Honestly i think Trump will do or say whatever keeps him in power. If that means making out with Mitch or nancy he will. If it means he has to become dem , he will become a dem.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:56 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I see Trump as an independent who's only interest is Trump. If he can get a win working with Democrats, he'll go in that direction. It's temporary. Trump will flip flop on a whim if it suits his immediate need for gratification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies