Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 05:34 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Poor Hilary, she just can't accept that the middle of the country gave her a big FU. That and the American people are sick of the status quo. Those are just a couple of reason that Trump won. People are sick of political double talk and here comes along some guy that speaks normal non-political speak. The other side was just a political hack that was riding on her husbands name. Sexism had very little to do with why she lost. I didn't vote for Trump, but a lot of people that study this stuff said basically the same thing with other reason as well. Sam Harris who was a Clinton supporter really unpacks it and breaks it down and examines it and does a good job of laying out why she lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 05:38 PM

19,607 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Maybe they didn't vote for her because they are not democrats.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:38 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Is this how she would have dealt with Vlad Putin, by complaining that he is a sexist?

Maybe she thought she could get her way around the world by nagging!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Holy crap, I am sorry but this needs to be called out. This is one of the most revolting and generalizing statements Hillary has said. Why has not a single Democrat called her out?

Hillary Clinton: White women voted against me because the men in their lives told them to

Revolting? Really? It's pretty minor, in comparison with Trump suggesting that he can just grab women by the p#&%y. Now, that's my idea of "revolting."

I don't know if Hillary is right. But she may well be.

Trump supporters probably tend to come from more conservative homes. So those are likely to be homes where the man dominates. Perhaps he dominates what news is watched on TV. Perhaps he dominates the tone of the political conversation in the household. Technically, it's true that in theory a person vote in privacy (although we have that startling photograph of Trump leaning over to Melania as she's voting!). But it's entirely possible that the husband's choices have pushed the wife in a certain direction, if just to keep the peace. And we know that studies have shown that if you mouth opinions that aren't really yours, pretty soon your mind drifts in that direction.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The entire world is laughing but not at her. Why some folks are still stalking/obsessed with her is puzzling.
so she makes a laughable claim like this and you expect no one to talk about it? LOL

Old 09-17-2017, 05:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Revolting? Really? It's pretty minor, in comparison with Trump suggesting that he can just grab women by the p#&%y. Now, that's my idea of "revolting."

I don't know if Hillary is right. But she may well be.

Trump supporters probably tend to come from more conservative homes. So those are likely to be homes where the man dominates. Perhaps he dominates what news is watched on TV. Perhaps he dominates the tone of the political conversation in the household. Technically, it's true that in theory a person vote in privacy (although we have that startling photograph of Trump leaning over to Melania as she's voting!). But it's entirely possible that the husband's choices have pushed the wife in a certain direction, if just to keep the peace. And we know that studies have shown that if you mouth opinions that aren't really yours, pretty soon your mind drifts in that direction.
that's a pretty low opinion of women you have. And they call conservatives the sexist ones

Old 09-17-2017, 05:51 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Wow

Democrats think their women are so stupid that they can only vote for who the men in their lives approve?
Are democrat women extra stupid?
I thought they were supposed to be so "progressive" -- shocking that dem women weren't appalled and insulted.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The entire world is laughing but not at her. Why some folks are still stalking/obsessed with her is puzzling.

Maybe I can explain the reasons. First of all, Hillary is NOT the demon a lot of people portray her to be. Hillary has endured more scrutiny and inquiries than most people, and she always stayed strong and kept her head up.

Secondly, Hillary is responsible for a lot of really good work on behalf of women and children. She was a tough negotiator, and worked with people on both parties to get things done.

I admire Hillary, because even through all of Bill's little escapades, she stayed with him and was the sensible, strong one in that family. She is one tough broad, and I say that with admiration.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:55 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Wow

Democrats think their women are so stupid that they can only vote for who the men in their lives approve?
Are democrat women extra stupid?
I thought they were supposed to be so "progressive" -- shocking that dem women weren't appalled and insulted.
That was my gut thought too. Of course the Dems have been treating black people that way for years. I'm surprised black folks don't see the soft form of racism through low expectations that they seem to have toward black folks. I'm a man without a party. Both are full of crap for differing reasons.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so she makes a laughable claim like this and you expect no one to talk about it? LOL
Another one of your deceptive, devious, untrue threads you start with great regularity.

Hillary clinton said nothing of the sort.
She was quoting the COO of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg.
Sheryl said that to Hillary Clinton.

You're either one of the most deceptive thread starters on C-D or you have a serious dyslexic reading comprehension problem.

Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies