Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 03:33 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

I do hope Hillary grows up and accepts full responsibility for her loss. I had a colleague who would tell his subordinates and peers when explaining mistakes everything after the "But" is bull, and that is how HRC's excuse tour appears at this point.

All preceding nominees who lost put their Big Boy Underwear on and conceded Election Night (except 2000 and that one wasn't clear cut). In 2016, our First female nominee could not put on her Big Girl Underwear that night , be mature and concede as is the American custom. Her immaturity continues to this day. It harms all future female candidates. As it should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 11:07 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
You know, if you Hillary Haters are so askeered of her - and that's the bottomline...

I will tell you there's going to be a whole cavalcade of Democratic women candidates - not just for President but to replace all those shiftless republicans in Congress come 2018 and 2020.

I'm not sure you have enough lies and fake stories to blanket them all.

You better start now.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:22 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Personal anecdote that I find mildly amusing given the current discussion: Many years ago, my new husband and I were with a casual friend and the subject of a recent presidential election came up. My husband revealed, for reasons that remain a mystery to me, that we had voted for different candidates. The friend turned to my husband and said, "And you let her?" My husband guffawed and replied, "Have you met her?" Poor Steve. He had no idea. BTW, I did vote for Hillary in this past election, and so did my husband. We're both still mystified by how Trump won office.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:27 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I do hope Hillary grows up and accepts full responsibility for her loss. I had a colleague who would tell his subordinates and peers when explaining mistakes everything after the "But" is bull, and that is how HRC's excuse tour appears at this point.

All preceding nominees who lost put their Big Boy Underwear on and conceded Election Night (except 2000 and that one wasn't clear cut). In 2016, our First female nominee could not put on her Big Girl Underwear that night , be mature and concede as is the American custom. Her immaturity continues to this day. It harms all future female candidates. As it should.

This is spot on, and is exactly my thoughts as well. She is a bitter, angry, unfulfilled, envious person. It would benefit her to use her wealth to do good works, and try to help people, and devote time, and energy to something like that. If not, she is just going to eat herself alive, and die an angry, horrid shell of a person.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
You know, if you Hillary Haters are so askeered of her - and that's the bottomline...

I will tell you there's going to be a whole cavalcade of Democratic women candidates - not just for President but to replace all those shiftless republicans in Congress come 2018 and 2020.

I'm not sure you have enough lies and fake stories to blanket them all.

You better start now.
ah, the women card. That worked out so well last time

Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Same with my wife and I. I can't even relate to anyone I know being intimidated by their spouse to vote a certain way.

Granted, I live in a relatively comfortable, conservative suburban enclave in NW NJ so maybe it's different in the more urban or working class areas.

They said ho I'll beat you cross the trailer, beeatch. You surely live in a bubble because that is all they do all the time in those nasty urban and working class areas. Suburbs are so perfect, with no controlling partners, abuse or domestic issues ever.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:51 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
My wife vote for Hillary. I never gave it much thought.

I myself voted for Gary Johnson.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:38 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Many states like ours is going to Vote by Mail. There always is concern that a family member fills out another family members ballot and mails it.

A federal offense.

Here - the biggest offenders are "missionary moms". Their kids are off on missions - and they get their ballot in the mail. In these instances ballots can be directly emailed to the missionary and returned by same.

I would bet that it happens in other households more than people would like to admit.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Many states like ours is going to Vote by Mail. There always is concern that a family member fills out another family members ballot and mails it.

A federal offense.

Here - the biggest offenders are "missionary moms". Their kids are off on missions - and they get their ballot in the mail. In these instances ballots can be directly emailed to the missionary and returned by same.

I would bet that it happens in other households more than people would like to admit.
I would NEVER do that. One of my kids will have her ballot delivered to our home while she is away at college. I will drive up and hand deliver it to her, so she can fill it out and then accompany her to the appropriate drop-off site. Vote on her behalf? Never. Never. Never.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
All BS aside there is some truth to this. I know at least two couples where such a fight occurred. I also know a daughter who pleaded with her father (she is from Ohio) to "please don't vote for that man".

In all cases things were worked out one way or another...but who know what happened behind the voting curtain.

In "traditional" America the man rules the roost to some degree. This is even more so among many religions.

I don't think Hillary is trying to win points. She's rather trying to analyze our crazy country.
Most of us women don't live in a "traditional marriage" many of us married knowing we were just as much a part of making choices as our husbands are. If fights broke out between two people over who they were voting for, one has to ask, were there problems from the beginning. Two people I always found funny, James Carville and Mary Matalin, now if those 2 can make a marriage work, then others can do the same.

As for the daughter you mentioned......yes, Hillary has been a wonderful role model for young girls. I keep hearing from parents how their own daughters have come home saying they'll "resist" homework and chores, such a wonderful President she would have made! I thought we were to tell our children we may not have voted for him, but respect is the important part of those holding the President position, or did this little message only apply during President Obama's term?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies