Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Alabama premiums have went up over 220% in the last 4ish years.....

Your failure is noted...

sweet. Now lets make sure you understand that much of that increase comes this year and is solely due to TRUMP and his refusal to provide an answer as to whether or not he will pay the insurers . Trump is purposely driving up prices to make people angry. Trump is literally taking your hard earned money and giving it to insurers who have zero choice but to jack up prices because the system requires they set prices NOW but trump refused to provide a guarantee that he would honor the existing deal...

That is the guy you love. A man willing to take thousands of dollars from a hard working family just to try to break Obamacare instead of fixing it like an adult.

the only bit that makes it all OK is that if the new GOP plan goes through it will cost trump supporter bigly. The new plan redirects the subsidies away from the consumer and gives it to the state gov instead and we know the state is not going to give it to you are they?

Old 09-21-2017, 08:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well my Liberal Hate seekers, Under the proposal the States have more power on what kind of coverage they want and not dictated down to by the FEDS. So if these states feel they like some parts of Obama Care we just may see parts of this to carry on.

Medicare there is just too many people on this program. Remember many who could deal with Obama Care defaulted to Medicare and Medicaid.

I still do not understand why any one would want Obama Care.
In AZ its a real problem and people are dying.

WRONG.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

"The Senate GOP's last-ditch effort to repeal ObamaCare goes farther than past bids to rein in the law’s Medicaid expansion, barring states from extending the expansion past 2019 even if they use their own money."

GOP ObamaCare repeal takes new step in nixing Medicaid expansion | TheHill

Got that? States can't even use it if they are spending their own money. That is as top down as it gets.

Clearly Obamacare is very popular or the GOP wouldn't be bribing Alaska by saying they could keep it if they vote to repeal it for everyone else. Which means Alaska gets more health coverage than the rest of the country. Which means from now on, we need to vote against anything that benefits Alaska.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Well my Liberal Hate seekers, Under the proposal the States have more power on what kind of coverage they want and not dictated down to by the FEDS. So if these states feel they like some parts of Obama Care we just may see parts of this to carry on.

Medicare there is just too many people on this program. Remember many who could deal with Obama Care defaulted to Medicare and Medicaid.

ACA was a fine plan. GOP and now TRUMP too have spent years breaking it and destabilizing it. Instead of fixing ACA, the GOP blocked Obama every time he tried. Instead of fixing it now Trump has made it almost impossible for insurers to provide a reasonable quote.

Frankly it does not matter to me, i live in a deep blue state and have excellent coverage regardless. But it is killing the poor folk in Red states and they are so low information that they voted for Trump who has made the whole thing much much worse for them. and did so on purpose and even publicly stated that was what he was doing before his lawyers told him to shut up.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Yeah it's weird. I'll bet many spent their whole lives accumulating a small laundry list of physical ailments by that point...only making the cost to the taxpayer even that much higher when they reach 65.

It literally makes zero sense from an economic standpoint....charging people through the nose with private insurance through the prime of their employable lives, and then finally giving them basic reliable healthcare when they're no longer working.

That's retarded.

*shrugs*
No, it's expensive. Those people only pay a third of their health costs. We who work pay the other two thirds. Medicare recipients suddenly get the health coverage the rest of the country is not allowed to have but the rest of the country pays for them.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
ACA was a fine plan. GOP and now TRUMP too have spent years breaking it and destabilizing it. Instead of fixing ACA, the GOP blocked Obama every time he tried. Instead of fixing it now Trump has made it almost impossible for insurers to provide a reasonable quote.

Frankly it does not matter to me, i live in a deep blue state and have excellent coverage regardless. But it is killing the poor folk in Red states and they are so low information that they voted for Trump who has made the whole thing much much worse for them. and did so on purpose and even publicly stated that was what he was doing before his lawyers told him to shut up.
I feel the same way but I am absolutely disgusted that the GOP has put in the bill that states cannot pay for expansion out of their own pockets. That is utterly ridiculous. If a blue state can afford it, why not?

Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:

I hear you, but the reason some people want Obamacare is that THEIR premiums went down. All of these systems have winners and losers. Pre-ACA, the losers were those with pre-existing conditions... there were people who were dying then because they couldn't afford the premium much less the deductible or anything else (or weren't offered insurance at all). Now, it's the healthy people who are paying more because that's what it costs to make up for those sick people.

I want a solution that doesn't pick winners and losers based on their health. You can choose how much money you make, but you can't choose your diseases. I'm healthy and sucked it up with ACA coverage when I was self-employed because I felt like at least the system would protect me if I did develop a pre-existing condition.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:12 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I feel the same way but I am absolutely disgusted that the GOP has put in the bill that states cannot pay for expansion out of their own pockets. That is utterly ridiculous. If a blue state can afford it, why not?
What?

You mean the GOP doesn't believe in "state's rights?"

What else is new?

Remember when Oregon legalized assisted-suicide and John A shcroft fought them tooth-and-nail?

No?

What about the states that legalized marijuana and had to fight the GOP-controlled federal government?

The GOP only trots out the "smaller government" line for campaign commercials.

Republicans love BIG GOVERNMENT just as much as Democrats.

Even more if it benefits their criminal friends on Wall Street.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think they did it, because blue states would end up with much better healthcare and would end up forcing red states to follow. their own voters would see what was happening and would know the dems were right the whole time.

so they desperately need to limit successes in blue states..

Old 09-21-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I think they did it, because blue states would end up with much better healthcare and would end up forcing red states to follow. their own voters would see what was happening and would know the dems were right the whole time.

so they desperately need to limit successes in blue states..
I think the exact same thing. They are absolutely terrified of blue states showing them how wrong they have been and they are trying to stack the deck any way they possibly can.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,858 times
If Republicans cared about healthcare, over the past 7 years they would have:
- held hearings
- taken public testimony
- issued reports
- sought consensus among stakeholders
- gathered bi-partisan support
- actually tried to come up with a bill that worked

Instead they're forcing an ill-conceived last minute mess and avoiding the only fiscal watchdogs in this process, the Finance Committee and Congressional Budget Office.

Republicans want to repeal ACA (Obamacare). Full stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies