Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,544,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
A kid who turns 34 in one week with hundreds of thousands of social media followers.

I "care" only because it's an interesting phenomenon and trend. Somebody says something that in isolation sounds concerning, in front of millions of people, and for the most part it is accepted as the truth. Why?

I mean, it doesn't affect my day, I'm more curious than anything. It's a message board. We talk about things.

Is it implied that he's just an entertainer using hyperbole and we should outright ignore the literal part of the quip? Is it implied that we should understand he doesn't know what he's talking about and is just making a non-sensical fantasy comment? Is it implied we're all supposed to agree and move on, without questioning?
Heckling is hard work and not for the faint hearted, particularly at a "feel good" event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 12:19 PM

16,951 posts, read 12,509,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Tell the gay dude that ISIS threw off a roof and made a pancake out of.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,252,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It was great to see near universal condemnation of Trump last night. Good to see and hear artists say what all thinking people are feeling about the guy pretending to be President.
Hmm. I don't watch TV and I would never watch some award show, but is this No Escapism (the need to inject politics into literally everything) really a good thing? This obsession? These people seem to put government and the Presidency on some enormous pedestal in their minds. Is it really the most important thing in the world? I doubt it.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:35 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,441,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Hmm. I don't watch TV and I would never watch some award show, but is this No Escapism (the need to inject politics into literally everything) really a good thing? This obsession? These people seem to put government and the Presidency on some enormous pedestal in their minds. Is it really the most important thing in the world? I doubt it.
I understand what you're saying, but this is no ordinary Presidency, it is unique in our lifetimes and warrants more attention than it usually does.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:18 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,259,498 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but this is no ordinary Presidency, it is unique in our lifetimes and warrants more attention than it usually does.
Seems pretty standard to me.

Don't think Trump has killed as many people as Obama and Bush did but give him time.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,902,504 times
Who cares? It's just another person who's paid to play pretend and on a pretenders TV show who probably doesn't remember who the "real he" really is anymore.
Last night was all about wealthy actors telling each other that they're still part of the "in" crowd and are still down with the Hollywood mandatory message...

Old 09-18-2017, 04:14 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,805,529 times
Another out of touch liberal.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,252,292 times
Quote:
I think some of that is in your head, but "more attention" is different than "all-encompassing."

Anyway, I don't agree with all of this guy's stuff, but he has some good points in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyE6xSm1Q4A

Old 09-18-2017, 09:36 PM

6,443 posts, read 4,021,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No I don't.
Actually you very much do. It is pretty snowflakey of you and some of your fellow conservatives but you guys but you got to get your ten minutes in on liberal hollywood or your day is ruined it seems. You also ndon't ed to get your ten minutes in complaining about African Americans too. Actually maybe not you specifically but with all the conservatives having their own version of the oppression olympics on who can be offended most by what a liberal Hollywood star says the names tend to get mixed up.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:39 PM

6,443 posts, read 4,021,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
another "look at what a black person said" thread. Don't yall get tired of doing this?
They saw SJWs "Oppression Olympics" and while they denounced the SJWs they secretly wanted to be oppressed and outraged over B.S too, and started their own version, I don't keep count but it is a really tight competition to see who can post the most threads and get outraged by a liberal the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies