Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times

Advertisements

I have always liked Danny Glover's work. Really.

I might be more sensitive to his and others' views if they would cease utilizing outrageous hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 12:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Glover is a kid. What does anyone care about anything he says. He just wanted a gratuitous shot at Trump.
Then someone should point the "kid" in the direction of Morgan Freeman and George Foreman. Taking shots on public stage of the President is only showing they have no idea President Trump stood with Rosa Parks and Ali and was given an Ellis Island award. Spouting BS like they all did, is only showing their lack of identifying with the country, most oppressed places are ran by Progressives..... seems those in Hollywood never visit, those places. Where are any of the Hollywood elite blacks making a difference in the inner cities?

I'm a little amazed at the celebrities who don't realize many blacks voted for President Trump, like it or not. At least the old white man called our President walks the walk, can any of these claim the same, including Mr. Obama and company.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:37 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
I'm not sure about MF lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9PNoecNxU

Old 09-20-2017, 12:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Stop putting your blackness before being an American. If whites do this you call them white supremacists.
Or Deplorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Trump was born White. No other reason needed.
Amazing when any rich man can stand up and claim they're mistreated.......most of the time it is by their own damn peers, yet they'll lash out at those who pay their salary.

I wonder if the guy has thought about reaching out to the oppressed and ask why are they shooting each other daily in Chicago. Watching a documentary it was 5 black guys held up in an apartment doing drugs all day, also, selling drugs and stolen guns to those who came and went. When asked why they didn't seek a better life, the answer, no job paid them to get high all day and make the kind of money they do in 1 day. There is no need to stop the oppression......obviously, there isn't any!

Takes being educated to learn one has been oppressed by the very people who never go to their neighborhood.....yet, they vote for them.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:32 PM

50 posts, read 30,971 times
For those who are conservative/right winger beliefs that are unaware and taking his context completely serious, Donald Glover is/was a comedian then he became an actor also a musician.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:52 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza EL View Post
For those who are conservative/right winger beliefs that are unaware and taking his context completely serious, Donald Glover is/was a comedian then he became an actor also a musician.
I'm a classical liberal but don't suffer bullsh|t narratives well.

I asked earlier and I'll ask you:
Quote:
Is it implied that he's just an entertainer using hyperbole and we should outright ignore the literal part of the quip? Is it implied that we should understand he doesn't know what he's talking about and is just making a non-sensical fantasy comment?
Now, if it could be shown he was being, I don't know, *ironic* or facetious, and poking fun at social justice regressives who *actually* think like that, right in the middle of the nexus of deranged leftist virtue signaling, then that would be pretty awesome. But as it is it just looks like a false narrative wrapped up in a sad, safe, cynical "joke."

Old 09-20-2017, 03:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I have always liked Danny Glover's work. Really.

I might be more sensitive to his and others' views if they would cease utilizing outrageous hyperbole.
Can't tell if you're serious or not.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:01 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Is this good or bad? Because I don't think the black activists want to be 2nd or 3rd right?
Can't....stop...laughing

Old 09-20-2017, 04:02 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Donald Glover is so oppressed that his net worth is a puny 12 million dollars.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
How can I be as oppressed as Danny Glover or Kanye West ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies