Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:13 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This^^^

Where is Sessions and the DOJ???!
If laws need to be changed, why aren't the Rs in Congress on top of this?
God Forbid they do anything useful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 08:17 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Politicians in sanctuary cities instruct their police departments not to cooperate with ICE. They're viewed as the enemy doing something unfair to an illegal. They defy federal law in all instances, so removing an ankle bracelet is no big deal to them.
Removing a federal agency ankle bracelet is much more than just "not cooperating." That's actually interfering and obstructing justice in a federal investigation.

Quote:
When Kate Steinle was murdered in SF, the illegal who killed her had been deported five times and had seven felony convictions. Authorities knew who he was and what he had done when he was arrested on a marijuana charge. He was released even though they were aware of all of this.

I don't know if there are laws in place that protect officials, but I'd sue the mayor and every official who played a part in letting her murderer walk the streets in the first place.

And I think those mayors who thumb their nose at Federal law should be put in prison just like the rest of us are when we're found guilty of committing a crime.
Agree 100%.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Virtue-signalers
Is that the new favorite word of the day for the right-wing blogs?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Is that the new favorite word of the day for the right-wing blogs?
No, it's a SJW tactic that even you use.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Removing a federal agency ankle bracelet is much more than just "not cooperating." That's actually interfering and obstructing justice in a federal investigation.

Agree 100%.

I agree. They've stripped the Feds of any power. The mayors of those cities and the criminals they harbor are willfully thumbing their noses at our laws. They should get zero funding from any government agency because of it, but that's not happening.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Remember, this is the same place that sends Nancy Pelosi back to congress every 2 years. They are no doubt cheering for the illegals for getting one up on the "man".

Old 09-19-2017, 10:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, it's a SJW tactic that even you use.
I don't even know what virtue signaling means. I'm not the one who pays attention to "SJWs" everyday, all day

Old 09-19-2017, 10:25 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree. They've stripped the Feds of any power. The mayors of those cities and the criminals they harbor are willfully thumbing their noses at our laws. They should get zero funding from any government agency because of it, but that's not happening.
This should absolutely be the case. Money is by far the best way to get people's attention.

Crying about a death doesn't. Trying to find a common ground doesn't.

1. City of SF. Stop all Federal Funds (for any reason) until they admit Obstruction of Justice and remove their sanctuary status.

2. State of California. (Same). No Title 9 funding, no Section 8, no Medicare or SS benefits for ANY Illegals. ZERO Federal Funding for any reason. (except for over 65 SS beneficiaries).

3. The UC & the Cal State System - Freeze all Student Accounts for anyone attending these schools that have suspended First Amendment Rights. Let all Students (or their parents) pay Full Freight. No scholarships, no Federal Grants, no Research Grants. Nada.

Trump, McConnell and Ryan. Do your job and De-Fund these people NOW. (until they start following the law).

Old 09-19-2017, 10:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Lol...never mind that the courts are saying it can't be done.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:04 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Virtue-signalers will never understand the dangerous policy of sanctuary cities until their own child is raped or murdered by an illegal. The Press, the Government, and the Prison System do not report or publish statistics of how many violent crimes are perpetrated by illegals in this country or in sanctuary cities.

That is the thing Take most die hard Libs and you will have someone who is yet to be a victim of crime.

When one has the unfortune to become a victim or one of their family members are victimized by a criminal that should not even be here then suddenly, if they have any common sense, have to question our open borders.

I am surrounded by do gooder Dems that allow just so much into their narrow world but when something questionable gets too close to home they suddenly develop the "not in my backyard" attitude.
Pot was made legal in my state by popular vote but suddenly many who voted for it are setting up legal barriers so pot shops won't be allowed to open in their towns.

I think the problem in San Fran and so many other places that support illegal aliens and actually go to bat for them fail to see the problems that they cause in our society and the crimes they commit against us and their own.

Trump should create a reality show similar to "Americas Most Wanted" that will highlight the dangers of allowing people that have nothing to lose and no fear of the law to live on the crust of our society. The show could also highlight federal charges against these sanctuary city mayors who flaunt federal law and we could follow them through the legal process like a real life "Law and Order"

If more people understood the pain that the illegal alien criminals cause they might stop coddling them and view them a bit differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies