Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I can only assume you know nothing about the Nazis. Be careful about reading propaganda.

Hitler didn't want to kill anyone, but did. Just as America doesn't want to kill anyone, but does. And I doubt Mao or Stalin wanted to kill anyone either.

The world is a complicated place.

There are two types of Nazis. There are hateful people, and there are nationalists. And when I say nationalists, I really mean tribalists.

For various reasons, the hateful Nazis have become the public face of not only Nazism, but even nationalism. So much so, that all nationalists are now called Nazis.

If we look more closely at the situation, the claim is that, if you don't want unlimited-immigration, and a border-less world, you are an evil racist Nazi.

The question that needs to be answered is, "Is nationalism a good thing?".

What is a nation? How many nations should there be in the world? Is America even a nation? Should it remain as one country?

Would we be happier if we were separated into groups of like-minded people, with a common culture and shared values?

Would there be less crime? And less hatred in that world? Then why don't we do it?
Do you seriously believe that Hitler "didn't want to kill anyone"? Or, are you just spouting that B.S. either because you support his ideas,are totally and thoroughly ignorant or just want to troll people?
Which is it?
Yeah, Hitler was just a misunderstood gentle soul...

Old 09-28-2017, 08:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Do you seriously believe that Hitler "didn't want to kill anyone"? Or, are you just spouting that B.S. either because you support his ideas,are totally and thoroughly ignorant or just want to troll people?
Which is it?
Yeah, Hitler was just a misunderstood gentle soul...
I was talking to this French guy the other day in a video game, who was rambling about how awful America is, and how we have killed hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle-East, after killing millions in Asia. He rambled a while longer about our bombings, and drone strikes, and how evil our government is.

I replied to him, "America doesn't want to kill anyone".

This caused him to blow a gasket, much like you right now.

He said that, we kill people intentionally, every single day. To him, the idea that America doesn't want to kill people, just seemed absurd.

I tried to explain to him again, that America only kills people, who are a threat to the "global order". If they weren't fighting us, we wouldn't kill them.

Now, we can have a debate about whether they should be fighting us. Whether we're the good guy, or whether they're the good guy. That is a debate for another day.

But the truth is, America doesn't want to kill anyone. George Bush didn't want to kill anyone, Obama didn't want to kill anyone, and Donald Trump doesn't want to kill anyone.

When governments kill, it isn't out of hate, it is out of necessity. In fact, everything a government ever does is out of apparent necessity, based on the circumstances.

When Churchill was firebombing Dresden, and Hamburg, he didn't actually want to kill anyone. He just wanted the Germans to surrender.

When Truman dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, he didn't want to kill anyone, he just wanted the Japanese to surrender. And he believed the alternative to not dropping the bombs, was actually worse than dropping them.

So I repeat, Hitler didn't want to kill anyone. Everything he did, he did out of what he perceived as necessary, based on the conditions of the time. In short, that the alternative to killing, whomever, was even worse.

I am sure you've heard that Mao might have caused the deaths of up to 80 million Chinese people. But how many of those did Mao actually want to kill? Zero.

Everyone thinks they are the good guy. Everyone imagines themselves as the hero in their own story. Don't delude yourself into thinking that Hitler, or Mao, or Stalin, or anyone else, was evil, or that they wanted, or enjoyed, doing evil things.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 09-28-2017 at 09:08 AM..

Old 09-28-2017, 08:44 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
There's a song " Punch A Nazi" on Youtube. As faked as all this was, if it was real it would legitimize the song perfectly.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:47 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You do know that nazis are genocidal, right?
So is Islam.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There's a song " Punch A Nazi" on Youtube. As faked as all this was, if it was real it would legitimize the song perfectly.
indeed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhGYo9TExU

Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was talking to this French guy the other day in a video game, who was rambling about how awful America is, and how we have killed hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle-East, after killing millions in Asia. He rambled a while longer about our bombings, and drone strikes, and how evil our government is.

I replied to him, "America doesn't want to kill anyone".

This caused him to blow a gasket, much like you right now.

He said that, we kill people intentionally, every single day. To him, the idea that America doesn't want to kill people, just seemed absurd.

I tried to explain to him again, that America only kills people, who are a threat to the "global order". If they weren't fighting us, we wouldn't kill them.

Now, we can have a debate about whether they should be fighting us. Whether we're the good guy, or whether they're the good guy. That is a debate for another day.

But the truth is, America doesn't want to kill anyone. George Bush didn't want to kill anyone, Obama didn't want to kill anyone, and Donald Trump doesn't want to kill anyone.

When governments kill, it isn't out of hate, it is out of necessity. In fact, everything a government ever does is out of apparent necessity, based on the circumstances.

When Churchill was firebombing Dresden, and Hamburg, he didn't actually want to kill anyone. He just wanted the Germans to surrender.

When Truman dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, he didn't want to kill anyone, he just wanted the Japanese to surrender. And he believed the alternative to not dropping the bombs, was actually worse than dropping them.

So I repeat, Hitler didn't want to kill anyone. Everything he did, he did out of what he perceived as necessary, based on the conditions of the time. In short, that the alternative to killing, whomever, was even worse.

I am sure you've heard that Mao might have caused the deaths of up to 80 million Chinese people. But how many of those did Mao actually want to kill? Zero.

Everyone thinks they are the good guy. Everyone imagines themselves as the hero in their own story. Don't delude yourself into thinking that Hitler, or Mao, or Stalin, or anyone else, was evil, or that they wanted, or enjoyed, doing evil things.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone twist something into a tighter pretzel just to justify their incorrect thought process.
You do realize there's a difference between killing someone who's trying to kill you vs killing someone who's only "crime" is being alive right? Please explain for those of us who must be ignorant what the Jews did to Germany or Hitler for that matter that could even slightly justify what he did? How did they pose ANY threat to the country or it's people other than just breathing?
It's not like the Japanese who attacked us and we fought back, it's not like the Germans who attacked England and then they fought back.
Hitler wanted to, and did his level best to exterminate a PEOPLE as in kill and/or torture EVERY ONE OF THEM and he repeatedly said so both in writing and in speeches. They never attacked, they never posed a security threat or threatened anyone. There was NO defendable reason to do what he did and yet you try.

Want to try and soft peddle what he did again?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:26 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone twist something into a tighter pretzel just to justify their incorrect thought process.
You do realize there's a difference between killing someone who's trying to kill you vs killing someone who's only "crime" is being alive right? Please explain for those of us who must be ignorant what the Jews did to Germany or Hitler for that matter that could even slightly justify what he did? How did they pose ANY threat to the country or it's people other than just breathing?
It's not like the Japanese who attacked us and we fought back, it's not like the Germans who attacked England and then they fought back.
Hitler wanted to, and did his level best to exterminate a PEOPLE as in kill and/or torture EVERY ONE OF THEM and he repeatedly said so both in writing and in speeches. They never attacked, they never posed a security threat or threatened anyone. There was NO defendable reason to do what he did and yet you try.

Want to try and soft peddle what he did again?
You understand the person punched either has discovered the Fountain of Youth or has no connection other than at most ideological with Germany after Weimar and before the FRG.

So how is a goat farmer in Afghanistan trying to kill you? If he isn't why drop a 500lb Paveway III next to his home?

How is a newlywed bride in Yemen trying to kill you? If she isn't why fire a Hellfire from a Predator at her wedding ceremony?

How is the Syria Army trying to kill us (since they seem to have their hands full fighting with ISIS, who are also a hostile of the US and said to be trying to kill us). If they're not why are we bombing them during a negotiated ceasefire?

They're not trying to kill us or pose any real threat, they may be a future threat some time, if they circumstances align, and even the actual targets (or suspected targets) are not an imminent threat either [because the goat farmer, and bride aren't the real targets, but the collateral damage trying to get the real target]. Which sadly is exactly what Himmler, Eichmann and Hitler believed was the situation with the Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, intellectuals, and the mentally ill in Greater Germany in 1941. It's exactly the same slippery slope, people may not be current threats, but sometime in the near future they may be a threat, so lets eliminate the threat before it's real is the order of the day, is it not? Hitler, Stalin and Mao aren't unique, just look at Pol Pot, Milosevic, Ceauscescu, Kambanda, Pinochet, Amin, Tito, you want me to go on...

So what makes the US different? Is our paranoia any better? Our methods differ a little, but we really don't care a damn about the goat farmer, or bride, or any number of dead, if we can believe that the target was a righteous target. Which isn't much different to the methods used by Hitler, Stalin, etc. etc. etc. they all struck righteous targets, and did so to avoid the future threats to their people.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You understand the person punched either has discovered the Fountain of Youth or has no connection other than at most ideological with Germany after Weimar and before the FRG.

So how is a goat farmer in Afghanistan trying to kill you? If he isn't why drop a 500lb Paveway III next to his home?

How is a newlywed bride in Yemen trying to kill you? If she isn't why fire a Hellfire from a Predator at her wedding ceremony?

How is the Syria Army trying to kill us (since they seem to have their hands full fighting with ISIS, who are also a hostile of the US and said to be trying to kill us). If they're not why are we bombing them during a negotiated ceasefire?

They're not trying to kill us or pose any real threat, they may be a future threat some time, if they circumstances align, and even the actual targets (or suspected targets) are not an imminent threat either [because the goat farmer, and bride aren't the real targets, but the collateral damage trying to get the real target]. Which sadly is exactly what Himmler, Eichmann and Hitler believed was the situation with the Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, intellectuals, and the mentally ill in Greater Germany in 1941. It's exactly the same slippery slope, people may not be current threats, but sometime in the near future they may be a threat, so lets eliminate the threat before it's real is the order of the day, is it not? Hitler, Stalin and Mao aren't unique, just look at Pol Pot, Milosevic, Ceauscescu, Kambanda, Pinochet, Amin, Tito, you want me to go on...

So what makes the US different? Is our paranoia any better? Our methods differ a little, but we really don't care a damn about the goat farmer, or bride, or any number of dead, if we can believe that the target was a righteous target. Which isn't much different to the methods used by Hitler, Stalin, etc. etc. etc. they all struck righteous targets, and did so to avoid the future threats to their people.
I don't know what your rant has to do with the statement I was responding to which was that "Hitler didn't want to kill anyone". I'd suggest you quit pointing to others to justify what the madman that was Hitler did, and yes, that's exactly what you seem to be doing...

Old 09-29-2017, 11:03 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
I don't know what your rant has to do with the statement I was responding to which was that "Hitler didn't want to kill anyone". I'd suggest you quit pointing to others to justify what the madman that was Hitler did, and yes, that's exactly what you seem to be doing...
Nope, just seeing him in the spectrum of many genocidal leaders that have existed and still exist. He isn't #1 on the all time top 10 homicidal leaders charts. Even our own leaders can be considered up there, when you look at things like Native American relocations and massacres, Vietnam, and the War on Terror.

What you seem to be doing is seeing him as some form of unique occurrence, which he was not, is not, and it's a dangerous assumption to think he was unique, and that his ideology is the sole form that can result in genocide, it was one genocide within the history of the US and there have been many more both before and after.

Maybe you want to re-read my post and provide any statement that justifies anything that Hitler did, there's a direct challenge to you. Please do so if you can, if you can't well, I don't expect an apology or anything, but it would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies