Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 07:07 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,234,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I remember watching that press conference and thinking, "What in the world is happening?" It was classic gaslighting, and I agree that Spicer should not expect to be given a free pass for it now that he's no longer part of the administration.
Kimmel and Colberrrrrrt are all over his jock because he's now Leftist-friendly.

Just goes to show you that it's not about principles or anything like that. It's about bashing the other side no matter what.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:08 PM

46,810 posts, read 25,719,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet, none of you have said what lie he has told.
It's literally in the headline.

Anyway, Spicer can go jump in a lake for all I care. He's not fit company for decent people.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,626,490 times
Quote:

I guess if you tell yourself that Trump didn't win long enough, that you think it didn't really happen.

LOL
You may have forgotten, but the rest of us haven't.

Here's a REALLY BIG clue for you - Sean Spicer admits he 'absolutely' regrets scorching tirade about inauguration crowd sizes during his first day as White...

If it looks familiar to you, why guess what - it is the thread title!

Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,804,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Spicer is NO JOKE.

That dude stood there and normalized lying at level of the press secretary !

Spicer started with the big most obvious lie he could have and he tried to force it down the throats of the media. He acted shamefully and he has no place in our politics nor our hearts.

I don't care how "nice" he is, how sorry he is. Spicer stood in front of America , Globe and openly, purposely lied lied and lied. He shouted at reporters, He debased and demeaned reporters.

I dont think it is OK for us to forgive him just like that.

Totally agree, and the same can be said for the PATHOGICAL LIAR/TROLL-IN-CHIEF squatting in our White House!

Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,719,912 times
I genuinely feel bad for Spicer. By all accounts, he is a good guy and well liked. Sadly he got sucked into the vortex of the inexperienced early days and months of Trump's White House.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:44 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,234,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I genuinely feel bad for Spicer. By all accounts, he is a good guy and well liked. Sadly he got sucked into the vortex of the inexperienced early days and months of Trump's White House.
Yeah, that's what happened.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,456,009 times
Quote:
He lied almost every day. He knew he was lying and we knew he was lying. He showed that he didn't have any integrity.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:48 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I remember watching that press conference and thinking, "What in the world is happening?" It was classic gaslighting, and I agree that Spicer should not expect to be given a free pass for it now that he's no longer part of the administration.

Nope. He's going to have to work a little harder than THAT.

Quote:

I guess if you tell yourself that Trump didn't win long enough, that you think it didn't really happen.

LOL
Oh, hell even Spicey told us what lie he told. He told us at the Emmy Awards. Did you miss it?

Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,270,588 times
Quote:

LOL
He lied about the size of the crowd, something that was easily disputed, and I don't think he should be given a free pass for that. There were so many ways that situation could have been handled that would not have smacked of gaslighting and would have preserved the trust America has in the press secretary as the voice of the administration. If the press secretary cannot be trusted to tell the truth about something so silly, he cannot be trusted to tell the truth about things that are much more serious.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:56 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,999,490 times
Quote:
If he didn't know he was lying that would be one thing. As in, if he was told something that turned out to not be true but he had no way of knowing it wasn't true. But he knew full well many of the things he was insisting on--such as the size of the inaugural crowds--were outright lies. And he doubled down on the lies when he was confronted with them--EVEN WHEN EVERYONE KNEW HE WAS LYING.

He damaged the office of the press secretary by participating in a daily lie-fest. Nope, he gets no pass for that. He also damaged his own reputation. He doesn't deserve to ever have a job where honesty and trust is required again--which would be just about any job you can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies