Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Listen to the audio.
I could create a time machine and go there and there will still not have been an attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 11:26 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sad though that we have $700 billion to waste on useless bombs that do nothing but make more enemies and create mental health issues of their own.
The Military budget has nothing to do with this thread and the Veterans Association takes care of current and former military personnel. It's the Medicare system for them.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:28 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
It's a Federal, State and county level problem. Some of the hospitals were closed down and the land was sold to developers in order to create more tax revenue. For instance look up Pilgrim State. It was pretty much gone by the 1990's.
Pilgrim State Hospital: an Abandoned Psychiatric Hospital in Brentwood, NY
yeah, I know, but state hospitals were gruesome places to go, perhaps not all, but.....

We give so much money away, we need to start providing for these people, like someone said, we broke this kid and put him out on the street, to deal with his mental illness....after affecting his life in such a horrible way, so now a cop suffers....why? If he'd have killed his mother in her sleep, we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? We would probably not even know, he had a mental problem...

I find this all so disturbing? Even worse, that a cop has to suffer because of it. He will probably never be the same...

what people are too self imposed to understand anymore, is how our actions, affect others, in so many ways...people talk before they think, including myself...but they don't actually realize the situation unless the same exact situation happens to them, and it will never happen to them in the same exact way...

people are always ready to point fingers...at someone, including me....and I guess it's out of frustration, sadness....but it's not always the cops fault.

How many people have cops shot, who have had rap sheets a mile long, and yet, "oh he was a good boy", and the cops the bad guy. I'd love to see cops walk off their jobs, in some large city, just once and let people fend for themselves, oh, boy, would they be screaming for protection.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
I could create a time machine and go there and there will still not have been an attack.
Or you could play Monday morning quarterback and tell us how perfectly you would of handled the situation, as the perfect police officer. Is that couch comfortable? All decisions made after that fact are not realistic. I seriously suggest you go on a ride along on a Friday night and see for yourself how much police officers have to put up with. You have no idea.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:31 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,651 times
The cops had no idea they were dealing with a mentally unstable person who called himself in as being dangerous.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The Military budget has nothing to do with this thread and the Veterans Association takes care of current and former military personnel. It's the Medicare system for them.
Priorities indeed do have things to do with this thread.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
The cops had no idea they were dealing with a mentally unstable person who called himself in as being dangerous.
Well, according to some all police officers need to be psychic.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Or you could play Monday morning quarterback and tell us how perfectly you would of handled the situation, as the perfect police officer. Is that couch comfortable? All decisions made after that fact are not realistic. I seriously suggest you go on a ride along on a Friday night and see for yourself how much police officers have to put up with. You have no idea.
I provide an example that was handled differently.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I provide an example that was handled differently.
That is your argument???? You give an example. Anybody can give an example to support their agenda. Do you accept the offer of going in a ride along?

Old 09-20-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
That is your argument???? You give an example. Anybody can give an example to support their agenda. Do you accept the offer of going in a ride along?
I don't know......when are you picking me up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies