Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 07:38 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times

Advertisements

I wonder what Dennis Rodman, the Trump supporter, has to say about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 07:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I wonder what Dennis Rodman, the Trump supporter, has to say about this.
I imagine he must feel rather torn right now, caught between Rocket Man and 45.
Wonder who will have the greater influence.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I did not call her a traitor, first of all.

I say she wants to be the center of the attention. That is all.

When people call her an anti war hero, I will say she is a north Vietnamese mouthpiece because that is all she is. If you (the general term) deny this, you are just ignorant. That is all. no more no less.

She is not like Ali, let's all be honest about it. "She has apologized" has nothing to do with the point I was making. I personally don't believe she really needs other people to forgive her. It is irrelevant. The fact that she has a wonderful life proves the point that no one has obsessed with her and she has never been held accountable for her action. She is irrelevant.

How so?

When was the last time you saw her in public prior to this appearance?

I'm detecting a bit of transference here.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How so?

She needs to stay in her hole, and practice the Atlanta Braves, "Tomahawk Chop" as penance, but she actually did that quite well with Ted.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 AM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How so?

Last paragraph, same can be said about you.

Don't make it personal because it is petty.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:09 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,070,604 times
Defenders of US actions in Vietnam can blame, invent, and excusify all they want, but the colossal errors in their thinking are a shame that will brand them forever.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,944,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Morale was killed by the communists over here in our colleges.
GOOD!! They woke the American people up to what their own government wasn't telling them. How anyone thought that sending our best and brightest young men to die 8,000 miles away in Asia was in our best interest is beyond me.

I think it's very timely that PBS is showing a documentary on Vietnam, what with all the talk of North Korea. I look forward to how they address the protest movement. If David Harris is still alive, I hope they interviewed him, as he was one of the most vocal protestors against the Draft.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
GOOD!! They woke the American people up to what their own government wasn't telling them. How anyone thought that sending our best and brightest young men to die 8,000 miles away in Asia was in our best interest is beyond me.

I think it's very timely that PBS is showing a documentary on Vietnam, what with all the talk of North Korea. I look forward to how they address the protest movement. If David Harris is still alive, I hope they interviewed him, as he was one of the most vocal protestors against the Draft.

funny, the government didn't tell us everything during WW2, the government censored the press during WW 2 something it didn't do in Vietnam. Imagine if the press was freely to report everything during WW2 and we had the liberal hippies and the left during that time.

You realize the WE WON the COLD WAR, right? Vietnam was just 1 part of the chess board in the war.

We defeated the Soviet Union and open relations with Red China without going to a global nuclear war which for sure more than 50,000 Americans would have died and millions of people around the world.

You know we could have turn North Vietnam in a parking lot but didn't because we didn't want to escalate the war with Red China and the Soviet Union who were backing and supplying North Vietnam. We were playing defense in Vietnam.

Again, this was a chess game that took 50 years to win and avoided a global nuclear war.....the Soviet Union no longer exists and Red China is our trading partner........that only happened because we were willing to engage and fight them anywhere on the planet.

Vietnam was a moving part of many other moving parts during the Cold War.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:50 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
funny, the government didn't tell us everything during WW2, the government censored the press during WW 2 something it didn't do in Vietnam. Imagine if the press was freely to report everything during WW2 and we had the liberal hippies and the left during that time.

You realize the WE WON the COLD WAR, right? Vietnam was just 1 part of the chess board in the war.

We defeated the Soviet Union and open relations with Red China without going to a global nuclear war which for sure more than 50,000 Americans would have died and millions of people around the world.

You know we could have turn North Vietnam in a parking lot but didn't because we didn't want to escalate the war with Red China and the Soviet Union who were backing and supplying North Vietnam. We were playing defense in Vietnam.

Again, this was a chess game that took 50 years to win and avoided a global nuclear war.....the Soviet Union no longer exists and Red China is our trading partner........that only happened because we were willing to engage and fight them anywhere on the planet.

Vietnam was a moving part of many other moving parts during the Cold War.

Spot on. Thank you for articulating this. I am tired of hearing "we lost the war in Vietnam". We won every military engagement we were in, but the politicians of course effed up the exist scenario. They also put in place really stupid ROE's that got a lot of our guys killed needlessly.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:59 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,070,604 times
A loss is a loss. Face it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies