Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
File through my posts then.
Calm down, im just saying that there are plenty of "doctors" ,"millionaires" and "black people" on this site who arent really that in real life.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep.
They were not arguing.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He wouldnt be the first person to post here and claim to be one race and then be another in real life. Most people screw up and someone just looks at their post history and sees them claiming to be a second or even 3rd race somewhere down the line.

I'm sure. Sometimes it seems like there are only a small number of people posting using multiple names. Their drill sounds too similar from one person to the next.

But No_Recess has been very consistent about who he is and what he believes and isn't the only minority here who holds his views.

I'm not getting in the middle of the spat between him and ATG5 though, because I like both of them!

Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't believe in punching people, either, but I'll be damned if I would be proud to be called a Nazi. You can't defeat one brand of violence by accepting another, even in name.

You want to know what label I would wear with pride?

Peacemaker.
well, misplaced comparisons trivialise this unique tragedy in human history.

Online, everyone becomes Hitler, it is kind of "funny" in a pathetic way. So maybe the poster just uses Sarcasm to mock the people who compare him to the real Nazis.

No_Recess is more like a Libertarian, lol

Old 09-20-2017, 05:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't believe in punching people, either, but I'll be damned if I would be proud to be called a Nazi. You can't defeat one brand of violence by accepting another, even in name.

You want to know what label I would wear with pride?

Peacemaker.
He's joking. He doesn't like extremism so he's using an extreme.

I'm always surprised when people don't get that posters like No_Recess, MichiganMoon, Uncle Bully, etc. are joking in their posts.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He's joking. He doesn't like extremism so he's using an extreme.

I'm always surprised when people don't get that posters like No_Recess, MichiganMoon, Uncle Bully, etc. are joking in their posts.
Because his jokes aren't funny.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:30 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sigh.

I realize it is a difficult concept to grasp, but I'll give it a go.

It is the cotton picking that is offensive not the actual cotton..

Cotton bolls on stalks are reminders of the days when blacks where stuck picking cotton. It is perceived as a dig at them, a reminder of hard times.

Get it?

Well that changes everything.....

I must have missed the part where the black students were asked to pick the cotton that was used as a decoration.

That must have been horrible...

Thanks so much for pointing that out to us.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Because his jokes aren't funny.
And tomorrow morning if you decide it's time to start punching out non-funny people please let me know.

I'll wear a helmet...and a cup...just to be safe.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm sure. Sometimes it seems like there are only a small number of people posting using multiple names. Their drill sounds too similar from one person to the next.

But No_Recess has been very consistent about who he is and what he believes and isn't the only minority here who holds his views.

I'm not getting in the middle of the spat between him and ATG5 though, because I like both of them!
It's all a joke in the overall scheme of things.

As a general rule if a SJW/liberal/collectivist thinks my stance on something is insane I can bet I'm pretty much right on.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What's wrong with collard greens? Beet greens are a bit better, but I see nothing wrong with them. Beats the hell out of the typical vegetables served in a restaurant.
There is nothing wrong with that food. Turnip greens are my favorite (had a dish of it last week). I grew up in the south, ate a lot of food like that and still do.

Its very hard to find really good corn bread though. Most places make it cakelike. Even add sugar.

I really don't see anything off about the menu. But the cotton was a bit much. And so was the meeting itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies