Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 07:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,696,530 times

Advertisements

ICE historically raids occasional businesses throughout the country.

According to this, about 50 people were arrested in Ky, last year.

Four Nicholasville businesses shut down following ICE raids | WDKY

Assuming those arrested have not been charged with any non- immigration related crimes, they are likely free on bond.

Business owners tend to get a slap on the wrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 07:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,115,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, groups of criminals being arrested is "sad"? Just what is so sad about it? Sounds like a number of jobs are now available to American citizens and a drain on our taxpayers has been reduced just a bit. Nice to see ICE doing it's job.
I just have to ask if they arrested the owners that knew they had illegals working for them? As far as I know that is a felony crime. Until we start 'teaching' businesses that this behavior will be punished; we will continue to have problems.

The news in the link sounds like they are more worried that some people did not have a place to eat. Perhaps those hungry dinners went down the road to an American run and operated business that respects the letter of the law and probably pays higher wages.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,551,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I understand Illegal Immigration needs to be addressed, but this is just sad.
There is a community in shock here.
Sad in what way? Do you also feel sad when police arrest robbers, thieves, murders and terrorists and send them to prison? They leave children behind too.

Keep in mind, even the hardworking illegal aliens are just hardworking thieves - they steal American jobs and siphon from welfare which should be used for Americans.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,024,776 times
The Government is responsible both for upending peoples lives by snatching them up, and allowing this to happen in the first place. Past administrations (GOP and Dem) ignored border enforcement and rigorous enforcement of hiring rules.

So the little people (working class American citizens) were hurt on one hand by low cost illegal labor, and now on the other, more little people, working illegal immigrants, most of who are doing nothing malicious or illegal other than things that the government has not been doing anything to control, are hurt. All because the government refused to enforce the law based on lobbying by big business and Latino activist groups.

This is why some people support "comprehensive" immigration reform. Because they don't want people who are doing nothing malicious to be deported out of the blue and have their lives destoryed, but they also want our immigration system to gain some integrity and control. So, you slam the border shut, stop illegal hiring, and allow everyone currently here an amnesty period to make themselves official so they get work cards and pay taxes.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,822,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Low hanging fruit, big headlines, no measurable result (aside from a loss of income/jobs to the employer and employees). I wonder how much this exercise in propaganda cost the taxpayer?

You must not get out of the house much. The reality is, if every illegal alien were suddenly picked up and gone from America, lots and lots of businesses would fail, and so would a lot of State economies. These people are not "taking our jobs", I haven't seen one of them sitting at a desk next to mine, they are doing jobs Americans are too good and too damn lazy to perform.

If you truly are concerned about a healthy business environment, you would realize there would be a major collapse if these people were not here to contribute to it.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 AM

23,957 posts, read 15,056,113 times
Paying a fine or forfeiting property is just a cost of doing business.

As I have repeatedly posted, a donut chain in Houston knowing had illegals living in company owned property. They were so badly treated by the warehouse manager they filed a complaint with the feds. The donut chain owners gave up well over a million in assets. They are still in business. As is the chain of restaurants that bussed illegals from one town to another when they got word ICE was coming. That several million dollar fine didn't slow them down one iota.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,696,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It depends on whether the business owners/managers knowingly hired illegal aliens. Nothing they can do about illegal aliens who present stolen/forged IDs and SS#s to gain employment.

Remember when Puerto Rico had to void all the birth certificates they had issued prior to 2010? And do you remember why?
Re: Puerto Rico

People were required to provide original birth certificates for just about everything so the government would routinely issue multiple copies for its 3 million people. Files of birth certificate would go missing and were exposed to misuse, not necessarily by the holders.

Birth certificate traffickers were found operating in Puert Rico and at least 15 US states.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:10 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,778,472 times
Hey pass it around, I have a client who needs 100 framers and carpenters, and hundreds of agricultural worker jobs are open. Tell all your AMERICAN friends to come on out for the opportunity. I'm sure there are lots willing to come out...right?
BTW, my family just walked across the border a couple hundred years ago...are you going to call the cops on me?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:11 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,830,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sure wish millions of illegals would sneak in and undercut the labor market in my field,~ never said by millions of American construction workers.
Exactly! Do some people even think before they post?

I'd rather pay more for some goods and services, than pay more in taxes for welfare and illegal's benefits (113 BILLION a year!!!).

Deport ALL illegals, and put able body people on welfare back to work. Supply and demand means more pay for them once the illegals are out.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:15 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,830,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Hey pass it around, I have a client who needs 100 framers and carpenters, and hundreds of agricultural worker jobs are open. Tell all your AMERICAN friends to come on out for the opportunity. I'm sure there are lots willing to come out...right?
BTW, my family just walked across the border a couple hundred years ago...are you going to call the cops on me?
People also used to own slaves 100's of year ago. Times change.

Your client needs to pay more. He's gotten so used to abusing illegal's, just like the slave owners of times gone by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies