Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,049,113 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusiv...crazy-minutes/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 06:34 PM

45,050 posts, read 26,207,698 times
Didnt you see there is already a %^*+# thread on this? What the*^%! Didnt you check??!! Where #%^*+ are the mods??? I cant #%<?!^* believe I have to point this out! Who is hammering while I type this?!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:35 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,049,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Didnt you see there is already a %^*+# thread on this? What the*^%! Didnt you check??!! Where #%^*+ are the mods??? I cant #%<?!^* believe I have to point this out! Who is hammering while I type this?!
Ha nice... I see what you did there.

Strange, I did search. My apologies

Old 09-20-2017, 07:02 PM

7,816 posts, read 4,531,935 times
A couple of thoughts from someone who worked in TV production.

First, That's nothin'. If you want to see a world-class freak out look up Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly's explosion from some years ago. It makes O'Donnell looks like he's on sedatives. While you're at it, the late, great and beloved radio personality Casey Kasem has a audio clip out there that will curl your toenails.

Second, O'Donnell has absolutely zero to be ashamed of or apologetic about. It's his face (and reputation) that is appearing on millions of television sets, not a production assistant or the hammering carpenter. Non-essential chatter on the IFB, particularly the feed going to the talent, would and should get you canned even if it were at your hometown news program, let alone a national broadcast. Period.

Yes, tech screw ups happen, but not over the course of an entire program. O'Donnell pointed the problem out early and it was not addressed and continued not to be addressed. The blow up was more than justified.

Frankly this is an easy one to put yourself in the same shoes as O'Donnell, whether you're an accountant, a plumber or flipping burgers having a huge distraction right in your ear. I've worked in surgical suites and seen the same thing happen (and worse) and the stakes are a good deal higher there.

All that said, I'll admit the clip was pretty entertaining and brought back some memories, but having been in studios and seen the same thing happen a number of times with a number of people, someone having a really bad day at work is the only thing that folks should read into this.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,721,406 times
What a spaz. I wish I was there so I could have teased & mocked him while it was happening.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:57 AM

24,363 posts, read 22,935,890 times
Everyone knows Laurence Odonnell is mean spirited, extremely arrogant SOB but now there's no doubt even amongst his defenders. Did you see the way he seethed with rage and his hands shook and his eyes bugged out ( as did the veins on his neck). I've heard of Road Rage, but Desk Rage? He must be a joy to be around, a stuck up hateful guy ready to explode whenever he thinks someone is deliberately making him look foolish.
He was like Bill Murray as Frank Cross in " Scrooged". " Will you please, for the love of GOD, Stop the damn hammering?"
Compare him to the Bozo, Chris Matthews, who takes his job so lightly and without professionalism that you almost expect him to show up in a bathrobe eating Doritos. Or to Rachel Maddow, who while sophomoric, never shows much emotion other than contempt for her viewers or a weird self absorbed amusement in her own false sense of ability. Or Chris Hayes, who while perpetually sneering, wouldn't dare show anger because he'd be terrified somebody would yell at him. MSNBC is a freak show, no doubt there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies