Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:11 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
You realize "the right thing" means different things to different people right?
Yes but polls have shown that a majority of Americans favor legalizing these Dreamers. Even the president wants to help them.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:22 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Yes but polls have shown that a majority of Americans favor legalizing these Dreamers. Even the president wants to help them.
The same polls that had Trump losing to Hillary in a landslide?

I have never been called personally, and did Trump tell you this personally? He's trying to do a deal

Old 10-09-2017, 06:07 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
It may be the right thing for the Dreamers but it certainly isn't the right thing for the American people and this is their country not the Dreamer's country. We have a shortage of jobs and resources but we are going to put 800,000 Dreamers in direct competition for those jobs and resources against Americans? How does that make any sense?

They are also demanding that their parents get to remain here also. Does that make any sense?

Old 10-09-2017, 06:37 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
Quote:
The same polls that had Trump losing to Hillary in a landslide?

I have never been called personally, and did Trump tell you this personally? He's trying to do a deal
Why would he have to tell me or anyone personally when he made this statement to the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It may be the right thing for the Dreamers but it certainly isn't the right thing for the American people and this is their country not the Dreamer's country. We have a shortage of jobs and resources but we are going to put 800,000 Dreamers in direct competition for those jobs and resources against Americans? How does that make any sense?

They are also demanding that their parents get to remain here also. Does that make any sense?
I agree with you that these Dreamers are competing for American jobs and scarce resources. However, keep in mind that they were brought here through no fault of their own. The right thing to do would be to legalize them and deport their parents. (That won't happen tho).

They should strike this DACA deal and get E-verify, more immigration enforcement, a change to a merit based system and a cancelation on the green card lottery.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:31 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Just wait 5 months. DACA Reprieve sunsets.

No need to negotiate.
That's my dream! Let the law of the land prevail!

Quote:
It's best if they strike a deal, otherwise the Democrats will filibuster any Republican immigration measure they don't agree with.
We need no "immigration measure". We have laws on the books that take care of the problem.

Quote:
You realize "the right thing" means different things to different people right?
To me, "the right thing" is upholding the laws of our country.

Quote:
The polls lie. I don't see that across the internet, in my local newspaper, etc. I have found nothing that supports that, just the opposite actually! Help them? OK, bus ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Of course, we knew they would demand their parents remain, it is the proverbial "foot in the door", slam the door with DACA and all of their illegal relatives on the other side!

Quote:
Why would he have to tell me or anyone personally when he made this statement to the media?

I agree with you that these Dreamers are competing for American jobs and scarce resources. However, keep in mind that they were brought here through no fault of their own. The right thing to do would be to legalize them and deport their parents. (That won't happen tho).

They should strike this DACA deal and get E-verify, more immigration enforcement, a change to a merit based system and a cancelation on the green card lottery.
Nope, that doesn't sell. Children with parents that don't follow the law and are immoral suffer. In our own country millions of children suffer because of crappy parents who make bad decisions, but the concern for them isn't there. We have families on the street with children who are homeless. Citizen children in foster care, which is no picnic, because their parents broke the law.

No DACA deal, it is a foot in the door for the infestation of illegal aliens. E-verify for sure to catch and deport illegal aliens who are working without the right to work, most likely using stolen identities of American citizens.

We really have no use for bringing any foreigners in. We don't have the jobs and they have already overwhelmed our welfare system. We should allow no one in until the national debt is paid in full, that would please me very much!

Old 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Default Chuck and Nancy outraged with DACA deal

Why can't they agree to enforce the border and build the wall ?

Do they want an open border ?

Once again Dems are showing that they don't care about the safety or well being of legal American citizens.

They are showing each day why we are lucky Hillary lost .

--

“The administration can't be serious about compromise,” Pelosi, of California, and Schumer, of New York, also said in their Sunday night statement. “We told the president at our meeting that we were open to reasonable border security measures … but this list goes so far beyond what is reasonable.”

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, on Monday questioned what Schumer thinks is “reasonable.”

You have people who are losing loved ones because they are killed by an illegal immigrant,” Conway said on “Fox & Friends.” “What's reasonable is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants and drugs over the border. I'd like to know what Chuck Schumer thinks is reasonable.”

Trump

Old 10-09-2017, 10:47 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Maybe Chuck and Nancy want welcome stations at the border with free shuttles to major cities..no questions asked.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:49 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Build a wall....11th century technology. Guess that's how trump got the Luddite vote.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:52 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
I've lived in Texas for over 20 years and I'm leaving in the next year or two.
I've seen the changes and echoing "11 million illegals" is like a slap in the face.
We've been told 11 million for near 15 years now. I just don't buy it anymore and think it's closer to 30 million or more.

I can only imagine what it's like in parts of California with it being an open border state.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:05 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Why can't they agree to enforce the border and build the wall ?

Do they want an open border ?

Once again Dems are showing that they don't care about the safety or well being of legal American citizens.

They are showing each day why we are lucky Hillary lost .

--

“The administration can't be serious about compromise,” Pelosi, of California, and Schumer, of New York, also said in their Sunday night statement. “We told the president at our meeting that we were open to reasonable border security measures … but this list goes so far beyond what is reasonable.”

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, on Monday questioned what Schumer thinks is “reasonable.”

You have people who are losing loved ones because they are killed by an illegal immigrant,” Conway said on “Fox & Friends.” “What's reasonable is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants and drugs over the border. I'd like to know what Chuck Schumer thinks is reasonable.”

Trump
fake news. CHuck and nancy are not in favor of open borders. One can be against Trump's version of our borders and still be for secure borders. your premise that it is all or nothing is phony baloney and you know it.

saying dems support open borders is plainly false. But you hard right wingers do it, in order to propagate the lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies