Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 03:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No tangent just helping since you dont seem to know the definition of the word and are using it incorrectly.
I did address the point. No one gives a flip if you dont stand or you dont sing.
People do give a flip when there is an obvious display of political agenda during an event people pay to see. If I go to a ball game, I want to watch the game, I want to stand for the anthem. I do not want to be exposed to your political agenda. That is not what I paid for.
-bringing up the definition of a word=trying to waste time arguing semantics and not addressing a point.
-You obviously give a flip. Again, nobody is stopping you from doing your ritual. People are literally being still and quiet and letting you patriot-away. Why is it such a hard concept for you to grasp that can simply ignore people and go on with this "tradition" that you care so much about.
-Nobody is stopping you from doing any of the things you claim you paid for. Nobody is exposing you to an agenda, they are literally providing you with out of side, out of mind. Nobody is jumping in your face questioning your ritual. You can carry on. You'll be right there doing the same as the other +90% of people still doing the ritual. Why would you be focused on the few people that quietly chosen not to participate in that part.
-also I highlighted what I think is part of the issue..."I" and "I want"...if people are quietly and peacefully exercising their right to protest, who cares what you want? How about you respect their rights and go on with your life?

Stop fake outraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 03:24 PM

126 posts, read 117,027 times
For the people who ridicule Colin Kapernick and other NFL players for kneeling or sitting during the national anthem, what are your thoughts on what Tommy Smith and John Carlos did during the olympics?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,427,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've been to European soccer games. Unless they are playing a team from another country, I don't recall anyone singing a national anthem.
So it's different anywhere you go then. In Sweden they are doing it. More so now then they use to I think....

Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,363,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
when you are the owner of a sport league or team then you decide what song or N.A. you play.
Why you got to be an owner to decide?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketter View Post
For the people who ridicule Colin Kapernick and other NFL players for kneeling or sitting during the national anthem, what are your thoughts on what Tommy Smith and John Carlos did during the olympics?
BS.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketter View Post
I have rights like all of them do.Yet I must do what my employer tells me to do,place's of work,"private place's of work" can have ethic codicils in their employee contracts.What I do on my own time is my business but if my employer says I stand for the pledge, I stand.

As for the two morons at the Olympic's you'er there on "The U.S.Olympic Committee's dime" the least you can do is be respectful.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:24 PM

Colin Kapernick is not a good Quarterback ,that has more to do with him not playing than anything else.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:33 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Is there some requirement that you have to be proud of a country in order to live in it?
If you hate living in the country that you're in, why don't you leave and find another country you'll be happier in?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:30 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"We should get rid of these statues"
"We should get rid of the pledge of allegiance"
"We should get rid of the flag"
"We should get rid of the national anthem"
"We should get rid of the USA"
I've never heard anyone say this until now, all thanks to the liberals/SJWs. Me, and the rest of the country can't stand them anymore. Voters are fighting back and getting rid of them.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 PM

30,031 posts, read 11,623,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If you think about it, it's kind of silly how the national anthem gets played at all these sporting events. From kids games, high school, college and pro sports. it seems like its fake patriotism to me. Do other countries do this?
Yes they do when Canada plays American teams I assume they do when they play each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies