Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:13 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those brown skinned neighbors are coming here illegally! Is that ok with you? We aren't ignoring anyone else that comes here illegally either. Where are you getting that? Why shouldn't Mexico build a wall to keep Americans or anyone else out that are trying to get into their country illegally? Anyone who thinks otherwise is the stupid one!

Hate mongers? What does wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced have to do with hate? I'd rather pay for a $25 billion wall than to continue to pay $113 billion every year for illegal aliens. Now who's the stupid one again?
Read here why your often quoted $113 billion figure is wrong.

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...ks-credibility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 04:29 PM

25,734 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Xenophobia trying to pass itself off as advocating law and order, is what it is.
No, xenophobia (as interpreted by the left) is not excusing those who come into our country and steal, sell drugs, kill mothers and little girls, run sex rings, gang bang, so on and so forth, if they are of a different national origin (primarily Mexican/Central American)... thus implying the idea that people should not be able to come into this country and do anything they like with no repercussions. That is xenophobia as accused by the left.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, xenophobia (as interpreted by the left) is not excusing those who come into our country and steal, sell drugs, kill mothers and little girls, run sex rings, gang bang, so on and so forth, if they are of a different national origin (primarily Mexican/Central America)... thus implying the idea that people should not be able to come into this country and do anything they like with no repercussions. That is xenophobia as accused by the left.
Actually, posts like this pretty much prove my xenophobia hypothesis, because illegal immigrants do no more of the items on your list than anyone else (and possibly even less). So, once again, here we have a classic example of somebody trying to pass off their xenophobia as a desire for law-and-order. The xenophobes simply don't like all those Little Brown People, but they're afraid to say so, so they make up excuses that "they're here illegally" and "they commit lots of crime" because it sounds more socially acceptable.

It's no coincidence that these are the same people telling everyone, "Los Angeles is turning into a 3rd world city" because they see so many Little Brown People there.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 PM

25,734 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Actually, posts like this pretty much prove my xenophobia hypothesis, because illegal immigrants do no more of the items on your list than anyone else (and possibly even less). So, once again, here we have a classic example of somebody trying to pass off their xenophobia as a desire for law-and-order. The xenophobes simply don't like all those Little Brown People, but they're afraid to say so, so they make up excuses that "they're here illegally" and "they commit lots of crime" because it sounds more socially acceptable.

It's no coincidence that these are the same people telling everyone, "Los Angeles is turning into a 3rd world city" because they see so many Little Brown People there.
Sure. Look at the prison stats. Besides, I never said that all illegal immigrants commit crimes. But is impossible for you to deny that if there were no illegal immigration, those illegal immigrants who do commit crimes would still be committing them within our borders.

Hey, I have nothing against Hispanics. I was married to one for a long time. She was from Peru. She bothered to enter the country legally and do what she needed to do to be granted citizenship (this was months before we married). As with most Hispanics who bother to come here legally, she wasn't a big fan of illegal immigrants from anywhere who do not have the respect to follow the laws in the nation they wish to reside within.

Illegal immigration is a bad start for anyone. I'd doubt my neighbor would appreciate me opening up his door, walking to his living room, plopping down on the couch, waving at him, and saying, "Hey John, how's it going? I'm living here now." That's not a good way to gain the favor of the folks who own the house.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:46 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I know lets project our hatred of our brown skinned neighbors by building a wall to keep them out. Lets also ignore the resilience of the human traffickers, drug smugglers, and all other illegals that come here via other routes. It makes as much sense as comparing Hungary's wall to our problem. It would be like Mexico wanting to build a wall to keep American's out.

Stupid is as stupid does. Run Forest. Run.

Well it keeps the low information hate mongers happy to chant. Build that wall. Who's going to pay for it? Mexico? Yep stupid is as stupid does.
I guess we should just let them all in because they have brown skin then. Stupid is as stupid does. Aren't you hate mongering by allowing people from one or a few countries free access to the southern border while other people around the world have to wait in line and pay fees and follow rules to come here? That's pretty hateful towards the people of Asia and Africa that want to immigrate here. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:55 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Read here why your often quoted $113 billion figure is wrong.

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...ks-credibility

No, it's not wrong. They cited their sources. As far as costs incurred from anchor babies if these illegal hadn't violated our borders and gave birth on our soil and "deemed" erroneously citizens of this country this wouldn't even be an issue. Why is there even an argument about costs anyway? Illegal is illegal and they shouldn't even be here must less costing us one dime.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Sure. Look at the prison stats. Besides, I never said that all illegal immigrants commit crimes. But is impossible for you to deny that if there were no illegal immigration, those illegal immigrants who do commit crimes would still be committing them within our borders.
It is also possible that, if they came here legally, they would still be committing the same crimes.

As for those statistics, they are for people in FEDERAL prisons.
Quote:
Of the 45,493 foreign-born inmates in the federal prison system made up of 188,658 inmates, the Justice Department said 3,939 are U.S. citizens.
Most people who commit crimes like murder, rape, theft, etc. end up in STATE prisons.

Quote:
Hey, I have nothing against Hispanics. I was married to one for a long time. She was from Peru. She bothered to enter the country legally and do what she needed to do to be granted citizenship (this was months before we married). As with most Hispanics who bother to come here legally, she wasn't a big fan of illegal immigrants from anywhere who do not have the respect to follow the laws in the nation they wish to reside within.
Well, good for you. And her.

Quote:
Illegal immigration is a bad start for anyone. I'd doubt my neighbor would appreciate me opening up his door, walking to his living room, plopping down on the couch, waving at him, and saying, "Hey John, how's it going? I'm living here now." That's not a good way to gain the favor of the folks who own the house.
I agree coming here legally is much preferable, but all the screaming about illegal immigrants being the End Of The World are just vastly overblown.

If your house was 3,531,905 sq mi you wouldn't even notice anyone came in.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:

WTH does xenophobia have to do with our desire to have our immigration laws respected and enforced? A xenophobe has a fear of strangers. Just what group isn't in our country already, legally? Oh stick your race/skin color card where the sun don't shine! This is about our laws, nothing more and nothing less. These laws are in place to protect all of our citizens. Are you not aware that these so-called brown people (mostly Mexicans) hold the highest quotas by far for legal immigration into our country? So where's the xenophobia?

It doesn't matter whether any of these illegals have committed serious crimes or not. They have no right to reside or work in this country as it's against the law and is costing American jobs, resources and taxes. What part of that don't you race card pullers get??? Your victim mentality for so-called brown people here illegally is duly noted and equally disgusting!

Old 09-22-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
^Now, the funny thing about statements like the one above is, if you tell them, "OK, then just legalize them, then they won't be illegal anymore!" they go into a hussy fit about how wrong that would be, etc. Which goes to show that the issue they have with them isn't their mere illegality, it's that they're, well ... different. Xenophobia trying to pass itself off as advocating law and order, is what it is.

That would be rewarding immigration laws breakers for violating our immigration laws. We tried that back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens today. See how well that worked???

We have annual quotas for legal immigration in place for good reasons. Legalizing millions of illegal aliens would negate those sane quotas and is a slap in the face to immigrants who came here the right way. How do Americans get their jobs back by legalizing them?

Xenophobia? LOL! We have every possible race, ethnic group, etc. living here LEGALLY! Hardly anyone objects to legal immigration. No, the truth is that most illegal alien supporters are racists! They think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them. The insults should be hurled at them not at law abiding Americans.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:11 PM

^
Spoken like a true xenophone in complete denial about their xenophobia. Everything I just described, you repeated exactly according to the recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies