Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 05:33 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,260,374 times

Advertisements

How did this turn into a religious argument? The US is a secular country made up of laws. Those laws now state that LGBT people are allowed to marry, and therefore (of course) to reproduce. ALL of the reputable studies say that children of LGBT couples do as well as, if not better than, randomized kids from hetero families. That should be all that needs to be said; anecdotes and religious arguments are useless here. I am dropping the mic.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:39 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You are in error. God is alive and well, not dead as you suppose. Also, your foolishness is evident, but that others might know what Jesus said about marriage:

Matthew 19
[1] And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
[2] And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
[3] The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
[4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
[5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
[6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
I'm sure you meant to post this in the thread where City-Data's followers of the Carpenter's Son insist on anti-divorce legislation and discuss the horrid consequences for the children following their parents' divorce. Except there isn't one, because while most Professed Christians are unlikely to wish for same-sex marriage for themselves and so feel quite comfortable railing against it, they're not quite ready to rule out wanting a divorce. Why, that might be inconvenient for themselves and people they know!

It's a good deal - condemning sin in other people, getting on God's good side for it and not change your own behavior one bit - and ironically, it's exactly what the Pharisees were condemned for. Funny how that works.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
The above post is a desperate attempt to justify their sin. Truth is, God condemned homosexuality in the Old and New Testament. That is fact.

Back to my point, Jesus said that the last days would be like Sodom and Gomorrah, so gay marriage and adoption should be of no surprise. What once was inconceivable is now going mainstream. It won't be long now. Come Lord Jesus!

Hey, take a wild guess who fits the Bill of the Anti-Christ?

Opppps

Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Yes, I have a clue that your world experiences are void of the truth as your posts give testimony. You're jabbering about a dead book. There's more life to be found in a cemetery. Jesus, however, came to give life abundantly, and the truth is in Him. A wise person will give ear to Him.

Regarding scientists, they claim man came from monkeys. No thanks. I'll give ear to what Jesus has to say.

No son, you have no clue at all , but its really not a point worth debating with someone willing to simply invent things that he has no knowledge of to try and prove his point. It is a waste of time arguing it with a person who has no concern for being truthful, as those who will simply invent nonsense show themselves to be. My only point in the Rig Veda was to show that your claim that about a books age and acceptance by religious adherents as establishing validity is meaningless in reality. Almost every religion has a sacred text that is as important and real to its believers as the Bible is to you.

And your knowledge of what scientists claim regarding evolution is shown to be severely lacking by your statement they claim we come from monkeys. They do not, but it takes being willing to get past your ignorance of what is DOES say to realize this. And this claim is now verified by the same genetics that is used to ID criminals, treat genetic diseases, establish paternity, and so on. Its proven. Your disagreement with it is irrelevant, just as your disagreement with gravity would be if you decided you could fly and jumped off a highrise because you didn't believe you would come crashing to Earth .

Last edited by wallflash; 09-23-2017 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 07:23 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
You are in error. God is alive and well, not dead as you suppose. Also, your foolishness is evident, but that others might know what Jesus said about marriage:

Matthew 19
[1] And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
[2] And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
[3] The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
[4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
[5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
[6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
The book I read said both God and Jesus were totally gay.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Yes, I have a clue that your world experiences are void of the truth as your posts give testimony. You're jabbering about a dead book. There's more life to be found in a cemetery. Jesus, however, came to give life abundantly, and the truth is in Him. A wise person will give ear to Him.

Regarding scientists, they claim man came from monkeys. No thanks. I'll give ear to what Jesus has to say.
Your Biblical quotes do not mention gays, only male/female marriages, me thinks you are reading something into what you read and trying to claim it applies to all relationships, pssst, that was Not the question. Jesus answered the question asked, think.

Jesus so not say evolution is false, the People at the time would not understand the concept, sadly some here still underestimate Gods Power and Wisdom. Do not sell God short, even a human scientist knows what he is growing in the dish before it is even visible to human eye.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Assuming That Everything Else Is Equal

I think same race adoption makes more sense.

for older gay kids, gay parents will be a better choice.

For older straight kids, heterosexual parents will be a better choice.
So, you advocate that older kids decide who their parents will be, eh? Highly logical.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:02 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
A lot of books have been around a long time, but they haven't been tried and found to be true like the Holy Bible. Now, you can dispute this fact, but your lack of experience doesn't negate the truth of it; you are simply in no position to speak of matters that you know not of.

You see, you're unaware of the truth the Bible foretells concerning the behaviors and traits of the people who would live in the last days, so therefore gay marriage and adoption are just another arraignment to you because the mystery of the Holy Bible is a foreign concept to you. Meanwhile, with each passing day, the things revealed in the Holy Scriptures are playing out before our very eyes. This old world is on a collision course with Jesus Himself. But, who will be able to stand before Him?
Uh, sure... people living to be hundreds of years old, spilling seed on your dead brother's wife's belly, owning slaves, the whole adam & eve thing along with the snake and apple, the flood, turning people to pillars of salt, and on and on... found to be true? Not really.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Woman Raised by Lesbians: I Craved That 'Male Stability, That Father in My Life'

While speaking in Australia's Parliament against initiatives to legalize gay "marriage," Millie Fontana, a donor-conceived child of lesbian parents, said it is a "misconception" that all children reared by gays are "stable and happy," and added there was not a moment in her childhood she "did not crave that male stability and that father in my life."

When, at age 11, she finally met her father, it was "one of the happiest days of my life," she said, because she saw her "heritage" and her "other family" -- uncles, aunts, grandparents.

Fontana further said the push for "marriage equality" in Australia does not mean equality for children, but solely "equality for adults."
Not that many of you want to hear it, but God knew what He was doing when He designed us.

She is not the first one to make these claims. Read the entire testimony from someone who has lived this.

So says another biased right wing site.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Woman Raised by Lesbians: I Craved That 'Male Stability, That Father in My Life'

While speaking in Australia's Parliament against initiatives to legalize gay "marriage," Millie Fontana, a donor-conceived child of lesbian parents, said it is a "misconception" that all children reared by gays are "stable and happy," and added there was not a moment in her childhood she "did not crave that male stability and that father in my life."

When, at age 11, she finally met her father, it was "one of the happiest days of my life," she said, because she saw her "heritage" and her "other family" -- uncles, aunts, grandparents.

Fontana further said the push for "marriage equality" in Australia does not mean equality for children, but solely "equality for adults."

Not that many of you want to hear it, but God knew what He was doing when He designed us.

She is not the first one to make these claims. Read the entire testimony from someone who has lived this.
Single parenthood has been increasing in the US and Europe for decades. Tens of millions have and continue to grow up without a father. 67% of children in Icelend are being raised in single, never- married households compared to 34% in the US.

Households can trend stable or chaotic regardless of one- two parents and/ or the sexual orientation of the adults in the household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies