Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:22 PM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why do liberals ALWAYS claim the moral high ground?
Mainly because they erroneously feel they are better and smarter than everyone else--and that they, for some undefinable reason, deserve to wield power over others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 05:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
"We don't hate Christians".

"We don't hate the military".

"Crimes against white people don't exist".

"I don't hate the rich. I'm pro-equality".

Why do these people think they claim the moral high ground, that they are the true "peacemakers". Who gave them that role?
not sure where you got your quotes but i am guess you pulled them out of your bum. I have never heard the left claiming that there are "no crimes against white people". my guess is you just made that up , or heard it on infowars. either way it is not representative of the left .

And so why does the left claim the moral high ground. That is so so easy. We did not have too, you abandoned it years ago.

And just recently your side literally voted down the moral choice. you had 16 people running to represent your party and you picked the meanest one. the one with the history of racism. the one who paid for full page ads denouncing 5 young black man before their trial. Trump called for their deaths ran a public campaign against them and when they were found to be completely innocent young men he did not even make a full and public apology. A man who the courts had to order to stop refusing to rent to black people.
A man who bragged about sexual assault and purposeful abuse of power .
a man who defrauded Students so badly he settled out of court and paid them 25 million USD.
your side voted for him over a dozen more honest men and you voted for him to run our nation.

moral high ground? i suggest you look back over the last few years and see where you left your share of the moral ground. maybe you can find it.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:52 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
This is why we need to give credit to Mormons who actually stuck to their religious values and voted their own candidate although he only got half a million votes.
If you're referring to Evan McMullin (which you probably are), you should know that, even though he was a Mormon, we who voted for him did not vote for him for that reason. We simply couldn't stomach either of the alternatives. He could have been an atheist for all I cared. I just wanted a candidate who was neither crazy nor morally bankrupt. My conscience wouldn't let me vote otherwise.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:52 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If you're referring to Evan McMullin (which you probably are), you should know that, even though he was a Mormon, we who voted for him did not vote for him for that reason. We simply couldn't stomach either of the alternatives. He could have been an atheist for all I cared. I just wanted a candidate who was neither crazy nor morally bankrupt. My conscience wouldn't let me vote otherwise.
Good to you for sticking with your values.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
not sure where you got your quotes but i am guess you pulled them out of your bum. I have never heard the left claiming that there are "no crimes against white people". my guess is you just made that up , or heard it on infowars. either way it is not representative of the left .

And so why does the left claim the moral high ground. That is so so easy. We did not have too, you abandoned it years ago.

And just recently your side literally voted down the moral choice. you had 16 people running to represent your party and you picked the meanest one. the one with the history of racism. the one who paid for full page ads denouncing 5 young black man before their trial. Trump called for their deaths ran a public campaign against them and when they were found to be completely innocent young men he did not even make a full and public apology. A man who the courts had to order to stop refusing to rent to black people.
a man who defrauded Students so badly he settled out of court and paid them 25 million USD.
your side voted for him over a dozen more honest men and you voted for him to run our nation.

moral high ground? i suggest you look back over the last few years and see where you left your share of the moral ground. maybe you can find it.
You hit the nail right on the head. Couldn't agree more.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:55 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Who gave them that role?

The right-wingers did.

The far-right abandoned any sense of sanity or reason when they decided to use their religion to justify their bigotry and hatred, and chose to turn their backs on science and reason to instead support crazy conspiracy theories and laughable strawmen of "the left," such as see in the OP's post.

It is hilarious and pathetic that a party that mindless stands along side Trump - a morally bankrupt slimebag who molests women and pays neither his taxes nor his employees - is now confused as why other people claim the moral high ground.

Quite frankly, if your opponents are modern right-wingers, claiming the moral high ground is laughably easy. Just show up in something other than a white sheet.
When they embraced a guy who brags about groping random vaginas, it's not hard to be a higher ground.

Just keeping your hands to yourself makes you a better person by default.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:21 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
It's pretty easy, when the opposing party has a leader who talks tough to football players but coddles white supremacists.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Mainly because they erroneously feel they are better and smarter than everyone else--and that they, for some undefinable reason, deserve to wield power over others.
That seems to apply to either side of the coin, or did you miss that?

Old 09-23-2017, 07:21 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Rs have long since abandoned the moral high ground. Whether they can ever find it again remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Rs are pushing ACA repeal without even considering the cost to the nation or the our people. Their donors want it and that's that.

Rs are covering for Trump and his Russian-involved staff (What's Nunes up to these days?), and turning a blind eye to the unethical and unconstitutional behavior of Trump and his band of merry miscreants.

Rs are clear that winning is what is important -- gerrymandering, purging voter rolls, constant attempts to suppress the vote,... lies until hell wouldn't have it. Even Lee Atwater was ashamed of all the lies.

Rs defend themselves by saying everyone does it.

Nope. Not even.

That's why Ds have the high moral ground. Rs abandoned it long ago.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Bc historically we've almost always been right! If you look at public policy, everything that's expanded access to rights has been a liberal cause. Conservatives have always opposed expanding rights to anyone who didn't currently have them at the time. There's very few things that we look back on and say the liberal objective was the wrong choice. The Eugenics movement is probably the biggest thing you can look back on and say liberals were wrong about.
lol You made this all up. There is no such thing as expanding rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies