Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:11 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

People seem to be missing the fact that even disagreeing with anything on the SJW mess is only a half step above membership in the Klan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 11:14 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
This is the biggest load of CRAP I've ever read in my life! Even mentioning a right of center point of view in most companies will get you fired because of out of control run away HR departments. Most conservatives have become closeted out of fear!

Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
There are political correctness social justice warriors on both sides. On the right, you got the type of people who freak out that there is a "War on Christmas" every time a clerk wishes them happy holidays or the satanic panic people that were in vogue in the 80s/90s, on the left you got the "check your privilege safe space cadets".

It's a big world, for every example of some a$$hat on one side of an issue there is an example of a mirror image bizzaro version jacka$$ somewhere on the other side.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:30 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Remember, to those on the far right, calling out some right-wing bigot when he starts dropping the N-word in public as part a racist rant is "racist," but they'll rush to the defense of the actual racist and claim he's "exercising his freedom of speech." Cute, but the 1st Amendment doesn't mean I can't call a bigot out on what he is, nor does it guarantee a bigot an audience.

Every single time I've heard somebody whine about "political correctness," it's always some angry, old white guy who's just mad he can't drop casual racial slurs anymore without consequences. Cry me a river, wimps.
You mean like this Democrat:

N.Y. Democrat drops N-word 8 times in racist rant against black politicians

Joseph Mascia, N.Y. Democrat, drops N-word 8 times in racist rant against black politicians - Washington Times

Old 09-22-2017, 01:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
To the right, racism is the excuse of sore losers in the game of genetics. They believe that even without racism....blacks would still lose in competition with whites.

The only way a white supremacist can feel validated is if the game has been fair. So a white supremacist MUST discredit racism to feel superior.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-22-2017 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Slate is always good for a bizzaro world chuckle. It's a chuckle fraught with some pain, however, because these types of pretzel-logic ideas are gaining in popularity.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Remember, to those on the far right, calling out some right-wing bigot when he starts dropping the N-word in public as part a racist rant is "racist," but they'll rush to the defense of the actual racist and claim he's "exercising his freedom of speech." Cute, but the 1st Amendment doesn't mean I can't call a bigot out on what he is, nor does it guarantee a bigot an audience.

Every single time I've heard somebody whine about "political correctness," it's always some angry, old white guy who's just mad he can't drop casual racial slurs anymore without consequences. Cry me a river, wimps.

OK, but what if he/she is a famous rapper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpPgX2caRSQ

Old 09-22-2017, 03:19 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Nailed it.

The real political correctness is what put Trump in the White House.

Especially the last two sentences of the article:
Nailed it indeed. Thanks for sharing that with us. From your link:

There is, however, a different, stronger form of political correctness at work in American life, with real consequences for those who violate it. This political correctness targets those who speak frankly about the force and effects of racism. It’s a political correctness based on the offense felt by white Americans, and it’s pervasive and powerful.

Very true. There has been a definite uptick in racism, sexism and xenophobia since the so-called "election." For example, here on CD people seem to be perfectly comfortable with making posts which are rants against whatever group they have it in for at the moment. Can't get a date for Saturday night? Post about so-called liberal "feminazi's." Want everyone in your rundown trailer park to look exactly like you? Post about a crime committed by someone with a brown skin and then extrapolate from there and claim that ALL Hispanics are members of the Mexican drug cartel. Hate your low paying job but are too lazy to obtain a GED - never mind vocational training? Post about Black Americans living off the so-called government gravy train.

Want to be PC? Well, good news! These days you can openly join the KKK and then dare anyone to call you on your attitudes, since BLM is somehow out to get all "we white folks." In the infamous words of Tonto - "We WHO, Kimosabe?" We racists and we women haters, that's who.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Nailed it.

The real political correctness is what put Trump in the White House.

Especially the last two sentences of the article:
This is the dumbest thing I've seen on City Data in a week. Not once has a single lefty actually been able to provide a shred of evidence that Trump is racist. As a reminder: "Illegal alien" is not a race, despite how hung up on "brown people" the left is, insinuating that only "brown people" enter the country illegally, which sounds pretty damn bigoted of the left to say. "Muslim" is not a race. "Mexican" is not a race. Ending DACA is not racist. Banning people from countries who are incapable of vetting their own people is not racist.

The real racists are the morons (like Slate) who keep writing horse **** like this.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
To the right, racism is the excuse of sore losers in the game of genetics.
What game of genetics? How about viewing people as individuals? It almost sounds like you believe there are collective winners and losers in genetics. I don't think that way. What you actually do with what you've got, individually, is always going to be more important than your genes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
They believe that even without racism....blacks would still lose in competition with whites.
I don't think in terms of some collective competition, and I find people who do unpleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The real racists are the morons (like Slate) who keep writing horse **** like this.
Yep. Almost by definition, the racists are those who relentlessly focus on race and see everything through a collective race / power / oppression lens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies