Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
No.
Trump looks like a leader who took a stand, and cut through the nonsense.
Many of those players didn't want to be there anyway.
Now the issue has been settled.
You can't disinvite someone that didn't want to go in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
This just feeds into the way people see a divide between athletes they cheer for and the country they love. From a business perspective, sports would be almost completely neutral on anything political.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:43 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Exactly. The White House can't be the first to come out and refuse to invite a team. It just doesn't happen that way. They have to be fair and impartial to everyone. Imagine the controversy that the liberal media would have stirred up if Trump was the one to first not invite someone. They'd be calling racist this and racist that (well, they call him that regardless) but you get the idea. It would always have to be the team that refuses the invitation.
Trump didn't want black athletes in the WH.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:43 AM

4,028 posts, read 2,712,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Right the F on ! Enough of these diaper wearing millionaire athletes trying to dishonor the USA and those who fought four our county. Good bye !
Speaking as one of those who fought for this country, I'm fine with them peacefully protesting. That's a right I helped defend when I took my oath.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:44 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump didn't want black athletes in the WH.
You know that's the narrative that the liberal media and the Left will now try to spin it as.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You can't disinvite someone that didn't want to go in the first place.
Umm, you sure about that?

Boy: you want to go out?
Girl: no, I don't want to go out with you.
Boy: fine, I don't want to go out with you then. <----- that part is the disinvite.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,854 times
Quote:
Umm, you sure about that?

Boy: you want to go out?
Girl: no, I don't want to go out with you.
Boy: fine, I don't want to go out with you then. <----- that part is the disinvite.
Terrible example since this makes the boy look scorned.

Way to go.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
LOL. Curry and all these dumb jocks would have gone to the White House if Obama was president (and they have). The U.S. Government under Obama is the same U.S. Government now. The faces may have changed but everything else is the same. If it wasn't tyrannical under Obama, then it couldn't be tyrannical now.

They (and folks like you) are just ignorant.
Uh, its been tyrannical for awhile now! It doesnt change just because a new president comes along, presidents are only in power for a max of 8 years, they may appear to have a lot of power and influence with how this country is ran, but overall, they are very brief temporary 'public puppets'. The public is not privy to the ones who actually run the country, these people are lifers and remain behind the scenes.

I think this explains why trump appeared to back down on so much of his campaign promises once elected, when he was still a candidate, he was not privy to all the deep dark secrets and how the country is really run and controlled, once he won though, I imagine he got an eye opener briefing on how things are really done and how widespread and intertwined 'the swamp' truly is.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Uh, its been tyrannical for awhile now! It doesnt change just because a new president comes along, presidents are only in power for a max of 8 years, they may appear to have a lot of power and influence with how this country is ran, but overall, they are very brief temporary 'public puppets'. The public is not privy to the ones who actually run the country, these people are lifers and remain behind the scenes.

I think this explains why trump appeared to back down on so much of his campaign promises once elected, when he was still a candidate, he was not privy to all the deep dark secrets and how the country is really run and controlled, once he won though, I imagine he got an eye opener briefing on how things are really done and how widespread and intertwined 'the swamp' truly is.
The point is that the other poster seem to think that it's Trump that's tyrannical (fed by the liberal media) but the point is that Obama would have been just as tyrannical as well because they both are part of the same U.S. Government.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Terrible example since this makes the boy look scorned.

Way to go.
What part of my previous post about the White House can't initially decide to not invite a team, do you not get? Even if the White House don't like a certain team, player, owner or whatever, they always have to act as the welcoming, gracious host. In that setting, the White House will always be the one that is scorned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies