Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There were White and Black victims. Now that we know the shooter wasn't a Muslim, what now?
From what I've read he use to go to church there and stopped. It sounds like he was pretty troubled also because his girlfriend called the cops on him twice. There was an article that said he struggled with suicide (makes sense since he shot himself).
The state is going full force on this. I have a friend who knew the lady who passed. She went to school with her and they were friends. She has been posting about this quite a bit since it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He's not a US Citizen, so he isn't registered to vote. That's when you declare a party. So he's not in any party. Anyone can lookup TN voter registration online to prove that he's not registered.
I am a registered voter in TN and it's showing that I am not registered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 12:35 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It didn't play well with the media. No racism involved, not enough people killed, legal gun owner uses gun to subdue shooter and hero stood up and disarmed the shooter without police help. That and the shooter was an immigrant.
And black, don't forget that. It doesn't advance the Narrative in any way.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:17 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Again it got more interest than a white guy who killed eight people in Dallas area. Stop imagining that the media is trying to bury stories like this and come to reality that a mass shooting were one person dies won’t make it on the news in the U.S. if this guy had been a Muslim or had hated white people I can assure you it would be top page on CNN but clearly this guy has his own set of mental problems and was doing this for revenge or something.
I've been saying this over and over. This sounds more like something related to revenge. And the mental health factor is something that could be considered. I notice that when Blacks go on shooting rampages, you never hear mental health issues mentioned among many in the public. It's "oh, he's Black, that's how they are, violent". In this case, it was "he's Sudanese, he must be a Muslim terrorist". When it was found that he wasn't Muslim, the focus was still "he's a refugee". This guy is a killer. This shooting has the hallmark of a narcissist man with anger issues, and bent on revenge.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
All of you on this thread arguing over the race or political affiliation of the shooter as if that makes any difference whatsoever. We've had white shooters and we've had black shooters, from the left and from the right. The only thing that matters is what they have in common--that they perpetrated mass shootings on innocent Americans. That's where the focus should be. All this bickering about the race or political affiliate the shooter is is just a way to distract from the core problem. Which no one ever wants to talk about.
These mass shooters have something else in common: Angry, narcissist people who do the killing. They don't care about innocents. They want to kill because they believe killing people solves everything. The Columbine Shooting, the shooters built bombs in a basement. Another mass killer, Tim McVeigh, used a bomb made out of fertilizer. Once you peel race, religion, and weapon used from this, these killers have this in common: Angry, unhinged people.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Muslim immigrants have been good for this country. I haven't had any problems with them. But then, I'm not in perpetual fear like you.
I've never had issues with Muslims, Jews, or people from the Middle East in general. I've never been in perpetual fear of Muslims, of immigrants in general. I'm in fear of gang members of any race or ethnicity. Individuals, no.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
I've been saying this over and over. This sounds more like something related to revenge. And the mental health factor is something that could be considered. I notice that when Blacks go on shooting rampages, you never hear mental health issues mentioned among many in the public. It's "oh, he's Black, that's how they are, violent". In this case, it was "he's Sudanese, he must be a Muslim terrorist". When it was found that he wasn't Muslim, the focus was still "he's a refugee". This guy is a killer. This shooting has the hallmark of a narcissist man with anger issues, and bent on revenge.
I agree this is likely revenge based. He shot the pastor and a deacon from what I heard. Clearly there is some kind of personal problem he had with this church. Most of the victims are elderly. This man is an evil person, not sure how anyone can do something like this, especially in Gods house. I wondered the same thing about that charleston shooter a few years back. He was another sick cowboy. Thanks to a young usher this recent shooter was stopped before he could do more harm.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I agree this is likely revenge based. He shot the pastor and a deacon from what I heard. Clearly there is some kind of personal problem he had with this church. Most of the victims are elderly. This man is an evil person, not sure how anyone can do something like this, especially in Gods house. I wondered the same thing about that charleston shooter a few years back. He was another sick cowboy. Thanks to a young usher this recent shooter was stopped before he could do more harm.
We can agree on that. The shooter was just evil. And likely unstable. The Charleston shooter could have been unstable. But we soon learned of his motives. At the end of the day, he was a coward. I can imagine why a shooting took place in a church. Churches have been victimized by this for years. Shootings, arson. Sick people like that pick churches because they perceive them as soft spots.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:27 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Domestic dispute.

Made me think of Dylan Roof. I can guarantee you Dylan Roof didn't vote Democratic for the poster here thinking you can identify politics with this kind of behavior.
You can't identify politics with this kind of behavior... but he definitely did not vote Democrat.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:35 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
These mass shooters have something else in common: Angry, narcissist people who do the killing. They don't care about innocents. They want to kill because they believe killing people solves everything. The Columbine Shooting, the shooters built bombs in a basement. Another mass killer, Tim McVeigh, used a bomb made out of fertilizer. Once you peel race, religion, and weapon used from this, these killers have this in common: Angry, unhinged people.
The problem is that the media and numerous others don't always peel race, religion, and culture from the equation... in fact they will use it to advance an agenda when they can. In this case, no agenda can be advanced, and in fact it probably harms their argument... so the account is virtually buried.

With Roof, it was white supremacy, the Confederacy and all of that stuff. This is revenge and a personal issue, and now we must take all of the racial and cultural data out of the equation. He's just angry. Different standards...

Old 09-26-2017, 06:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
obviously a hate crime...

Antioch, Tennessee Church Shooting Victims: Names &*Photos

Read he shot the one woman victim who died heading to her car at the scene in the back, then turned her over and shot her in the face. A single mom with 2 kids.
Ok...then take that and run with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies