Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,574,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was. He was even taken to court over racial discrimination.
Yup links in post #5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 AM

4,650 posts, read 4,525,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was. He was even taken to court over racial discrimination.
People like the OP crack me up. They think they know more about Trump than anyone else, when all they know about him comes from a few seasons of the Apprentice, some campaign rallies, and two years of Breitbart articles.

I'm a native New Yorker. I've watched the local news cover this guy's dealings for decades. OP is delusional.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,974,251 times
I had never heard of this award, but here is a link to a list of those that have received it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_...Medal_of_Honor

Said list may not be complete. Here, from the Ellis Island Medal of Honor website, is the list of those that received this award this year (I did not count, but it appears around 50 people):

2017 Ellis Island Medal of Honor Recipients

Old 09-25-2017, 09:11 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,751,680 times
Trump's cabinet is mostly white and male. What will that mean for policy? | PBS NewsHour

Here's just a latest example of Trump's bias. For those who don't know, Elaine Chao is married to McConnell. Betsy Devos is payment for Eric Prince and their hefty contributions. What's Ben Carson? Token?

What is it with these low information people and their simple minded troll rhetoric? Oh yeah. Alternative facts and fantasy are their mantra. Right.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,417,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And Woodie Guthrie wrote a song about his father Fred being a racist.
Yes!

They were so notorious Guthrie wrote a folk song about it!

Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,789,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post

I'm a native New Yorker. I've watched the local news cover this guy's dealings for decades. OP is delusional.
So am I. He was called racist multiple times over the Central Park 5 case alone. I don't know where these guys get this stuff.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,852,196 times
When you run for office your past is magnified. You are spot lighted and exposed. The media can be rather selective in their reporting. 20 years ago neither Trump or Hillary would have even been a consideration for President given the many controversies surrounding them.
I refused to vote for Trump or Hillary because they were both bad choices.
Is Trump a racist? No more so than Sharpton, Jackson, or Waters.
I agree with Trump's stand on immigration. What he said wasn't wrong, poorly worded yes, but not inaccurate.
We do allow far too many in that end up becoming a burden upon the nation. If you can't be properly vetted then you shouldn't be allowed in. If you came here illegally then you should be deported when found.

His statement about all hate groups was also not wrong, poorly worded, yes. Which is why he isn't a good fit for the job. The job requires tact and that is something Trump has very little of.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:08 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,617,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It is out of the leftist/liberal PC playbook to try and label someone ____ist or ___phobe in an effort to destroy them, and it has been going on since the Democrats found it worked.
If nothing else, you can thank Trump for having exposed PC for what it is, and hopefully causing it to become but a bad memory in American history.

Keep up your cries of racism based on your own liberal perspective. All it does is create the atmosphere of Aesop's fable where people will just ignore all the false alarms.
oh you mean like crooked Hillary or Lying Ted or Little Rocketman or Pocahontas or Little Marco or Crying Chuck, or Crazy Bernie.

I assume that is what you mean when you talk about "labeling people....

Old 09-25-2017, 10:32 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,136,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

"No one accused Donald Trump of being a racist until he decided to run for president and became a threat to Hillary Clinton’s return to power."

Uh oh, an article from 2012, way before Trump announced his candidacy

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...f-barack-obama

and from 2011

David Letterman Accuses Donald Trump of Racism Video - ABC News

David Letterman calls Donald Trump 'racist'

Old 09-25-2017, 10:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,646,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
People like the OP crack me up. They think they know more about Trump than anyone else, when all they know about him comes from a few seasons of the Apprentice, some campaign rallies, and two years of Breitbart articles.

This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies