Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:22 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,557,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
T

Exactly! A friend said he was in the grocery store the other day and saw an old WW2 vet wearing a veterans hat. He stopped to shake his hand and thank him for his service. The old gentleman thanked him but told him he would never do it again because "this is not the country we fought and died for in the 40s." It is sad what this country has become since then. And liberals are the main reason for the change.
It sounds like you are assuming quite a lot about why the old gentleman said what he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 09:24 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,018,203 times
The American flag sounds like a real crybaby.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:28 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,085,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today we hear all about social justice. This is all about spread the wealth around and marxism. Do we really want Communism ruling in America? Today we see the powers that be working to destroy this country.

Our flag is now being disrespected. How much farther will they take this ? I see our country being attacked in many directions. Our history. Everyone who is white is a racist. Blacks are divided, Whites are divided. This country is on the track to a civil war.

Our last president was the most far left senator , yes,Barrack Obama , has the most radical background and planted many seeds of division in this country. Hate for our police was planted by him. This is a radical seed against authority. The hate has grown for our police .

These social justice warriors are dividing us with hate between us, hate for our laws, hate for our president, hate for our borders. They are NOT a positive force. They are Communists with a different name. The so called Social Justice Warrior. Don't be fooled that they love this country.

USA is on track to a civil war? LOL Yeah okay.

Hate for police was "planted" by Obama?

Obama has the most "radical" background? Care to explain, with factual evidence to back it up?

You say SJWs are dividing us...but Trump isn't?

Was there an actual point to this thread? Or did you just want to rant about how much you hate Obama?

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
T

Exactly! A friend said he was in the grocery store the other day and saw an old WW2 vet wearing a veterans hat. He stopped to shake his hand and thank him for his service. The old gentleman thanked him but told him he would never do it again because "this is not the country we fought and died for in the 40s." It is sad what this country has become since then. And liberals are the main reason for the change.

One of the things my Dad, who was air crew on 55 combat missions in WW II, and his generation were told they were fighting for was so their sons wouldn't have to go to war.

We kinda screwed the pooch on that one.

34,173 posts, read 18,460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Republicans love communists now - - they invite over Russians to the Oval Office every chance they can get.
Remember Hillary, and the reset button with Russia? They laughed are her ignorance. Also, the Obama/Hillary sale of uranium to the Russians?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Remember Hillary, and the reset button with Russia. Also, the Obama/Hillary sale of uranium to the Russians?

Learn some damn facts! There WAS NO sale of uranium to the Russians!

Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,929,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It sounds like you are assuming quite a lot about why the old gentleman said what he did.

No! Actually he made it known what he was saying. I am not assuming anything.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,929,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
In the 40s? You mean when minorities lived under Jim Crow laws and women knew their place?

Please. Good riddance.

Perhaps you should reread the post. I don't mean anything. I was relating something told to me. Get over it.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today we hear all about social justice. This is all about spread the wealth around and marxism. Do we really want Communism ruling in America? Today we see the powers that be working to destroy this country.

Our flag is now being disrespected. How much farther will they take this ? I see our country being attacked in many directions. Our history. Everyone who is white is a racist. Blacks are divided, Whites are divided. This country is on the track to a civil war.

Our last president was the most far left senator , yes,Barrack Obama , has the most radical background and planted many seeds of division in this country. Hate for our police was planted by him. This is a radical seed against authority. The hate has grown for our police .

These social justice warriors are dividing us with hate between us, hate for our laws, hate for our president, hate for our borders. They are NOT a positive force. They are Communists with a different name. The so called Social Justice Warrior. Don't be fooled that they love this country.
They are NOT communists.

And frankly, I believe I love this country more than you do. Because I actually love the principles. I love the principles of EQUALITY, JUSTICE and FREEDOM. And your posts don't express that. You seem to love CONFORMITY and BLIND ALLEGIANCE. I revel in the fact that our Founding Fathers loved freedom so much that they weren't afraid of people expressing their ideas, they weren't afraid of competing ideologies. They embraced free speech and debate. You can't tolerate the idea of "our flag being disrespected" by people peacefully and respectfully protesting the actions of government. Our Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves because of people like you who don't understand that protest is sacred in this country, and that it's people like you, people who only complain and criticize, people who won't actually engage in the discourse that the protesters are promoting, that are undermining the principles of the United States.

It's the people who want this country to live up to its principles that really love this country. Not the people who want to go backwards to times when we failed those principles.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:40 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,474,258 times
Quote:
T

And yet we have another tread about a 97 year old WW2 vet who detests Trump and supports the NFL players freedom of speech. By that example I can blame the conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies