Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 04:08 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Looney Leftists don't understand dry humor. You have to be intelligent.
It is amusing to watch them get completely bent out of shape every single time that Trump decides to troll the press which tells them what to think.

Covfefe anyone? LOL

#MAGA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 04:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Trump says because they want everybody to do everything for them.

Hey, he doesn't have a high opinion of them Mexicans why would he have opinion of Ricans.
Why wasn't PR prepared?

You can attack Trump later.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:36 PM

13,644 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Mexican, not Spanish.

Spanish is what is spoken in Spain, wrong country.

MAGA
But doesn't Latin America speak Latin?

Spain itself is a complicated picture. In Castile, they speak Castilian. In Aragon, Aragonese. In the former Al-Andalus, they used to speak Andalusian (or was that Al-Andalusian???), before all that unpleasantness with Ferdinand and Isabella. The holdouts in Asturias naturally spoke Asturian. Meanwhile, Spain and Portugal, taken as an aggregate, speak Iberian. And their representatives in Brussels speak European.

Conveniently, MAGA would work in Aragon, Asturias and Al-Andalus (though the latter more properly would be MAAGA).

Old 10-03-2017, 04:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
The truth hurts. PR is a mess. Before hurricane, and after the hurricane.
I had family stationed in PR for 4 years and I cannot deny that PR was a mess pre-hurricane. I mean, I loved to visit but I would never, ever want to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nice of him to do a body count for them, and tell them it was nothing compared to Katrina.

Las Vegas is next.

I can only hope he won't downplay it by talking about "real catastrophe" like Katrina.

That was awful. He's just so damn dumb.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
This is a hilarious thread. Speak American -- LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Well many of you can say you learned something new today. That's a good thing....here you go.........https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_language_names

Old 10-03-2017, 05:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
What a mistake. He's using these appearances for political rallies. He doesn't get that his role during these disasters is to provide comfort, support empathy . He can't do that because he doesn't know how to.

I blame his handlers.

I can't imagine what he is going to say in Vegas....It's always cringe worthy.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What a mistake. He's using these appearances for political rallies. He doesn't get that his role during these disasters is to provide comfort, support empathy . He can't do that because he doesn't know how to.

I blame his handlers.

I can't imagine what he is going to say in Vegas....It's always cringe worthy.
He'll probably be as good as possible for him. It's his base.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:15 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Texas activated their National guard before Harvey.
Florida activated their National Guard before Irma.

Puerto Rico did not activate their Guard units before Maria. Why?

The people there knew they were going to get hammered by Maria but did not prepare. Why?

They expect other people to take care of them when they should also be helping themselves.

If you live on a land mass in an area where hurricanes are prevalent, you have contingency plans. They didn't.

Hard to feel sorry for them.
So what's new? You find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who's not you.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:38 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
"When Hurricane Maria struck at full strength several days later—precisely as advertised, and similar in scale to Harvey—the U.S. military simply called off the huge resources it had mustered for Hurricane Irma. An inadequately small military contingent was left on its own for nearly two weeks to help with the damage. If there was a plan for disaster relief it was not publicly apparent."

Military assets that flooded into Texas and Florida, were missing in action in Puerto Rico.

The Military Was Ready in Texas and Florida. What Went Wrong in Puerto Rico? - POLITICO Magazine

Read it and weep.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:19 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Such a shame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"When Hurricane Maria struck at full strength several days later—precisely as advertised, and similar in scale to Harvey—the U.S. military simply called off the huge resources it had mustered for Hurricane Irma. An inadequately small military contingent was left on its own for nearly two weeks to help with the damage. If there was a plan for disaster relief it was not publicly apparent."

Military assets that flooded into Texas and Florida, were missing in action in Puerto Rico.

The Military Was Ready in Texas and Florida. What Went Wrong in Puerto Rico? - POLITICO Magazine

Read it and weep.
Of course because Puerto Rico is not a priority. Trump hoped to do what he did in the USVI - send a small number of troops and aircrafts with food. However, Puerto Rico is far larger and needs far more supplies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies