Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Is she implying that a) only homeless people commit crimes, b) that all homeless people commit crimes, and c) children are the reason for all of the crimes? What a stupid comment that does absolutely nothing to address the majority of crimes.
I guess she's trying to say that it's a waste of money to spend on jails since we have other issues , which is an absurd argument of course .

The homeless have been behind a good amount of the rise in crime though .

its important to note that a big part of the BLM agenda is also to defund policy departments.

Sure it would be great if we didn't need prisons but we need them until people stop committing crimes .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 06:00 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Well California loves their illegal aliens and they are playing with the Feds coming down on them for violating the law so it really isn't that much of a leap for the Looney Libs to stop the Police from arresting anyone...

Cali is such a wonderful utopia do they actually have crime? Not according to the Liberal media that sweeps it under the rug and fails to report on it.

Ridiculous.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:47 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times
I thought California was a Progressive state. Why hasn't the state government let everyone out of prison?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I thought California was a Progressive state. Why hasn't the state government let everyone out of prison?
Who knows that's probably coming soon at the rate they are going .

Old 09-26-2017, 07:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
They sure know how to spend money there.

3 billion for the homeless housing and they also plan on adding a 3,800 bed jail.

Los Angeles really doesn't have the number of jobs per-capita of other cities. Since they have a very high unemployment rate compared to other cities, there is a huge surplus of workers applying for entry-level jobs. I think it is unrealistic to expect people to get jobs when the city has a weak economy.

Many of the entry-level jobs have moved to other cities because of the insane minimum wage laws, massive amount of regulation and red-tape they have in LA

With all the cost overruns these cities always have the 3 billion dollars won't construct much. For some reason they raise the taxes and nothing gets resolved. I am sure after Los Angeles spends 3 billion more in taxpayer money, it will be worse than it is now as far as the massive amount of homeless.

It seems as though the 3,800 bed jail is far less than the increase in violent crime there since 2013. If they added one bed for each additional violent crime since 2013, they would have to have 12,000 extra beds.

Violent crime skyrockets in LA goes from 16,524 in 2013 to 28,817 in 2016, increase of nearly 75%

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...decpdf/table-6

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-4

There is my post on the massive rise in violent crime since 2013. Seems like the 3,800 bed jail is a drop in the bucket compared to violent crime rate increase.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 09-26-2017 at 07:29 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 07:38 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
They sure know how to spend money there.

3 billion for the homeless housing and they also plan on adding a 3,800 bed jail.

Los Angeles really doesn't have the number of jobs per-capita of other cities. Since they have a very high unemployment rate compared to other cities, there is a huge surplus of workers applying for entry-level jobs. I think it is unrealistic to expect people to get jobs when the city has a weak economy.

Many of the entry-level jobs have moved to other cities because of the insane minimum wage laws, massive amount of regulation and red-tape they have in LA

With all the cost overruns these cities always have the 3 billion dollars won't construct much. For some reason they raise the taxes and nothing gets resolved. I am sure after Los Angeles spends 3 billion more in taxpayer money, it will be worse than it is now as far as the massive amount of homeless.

It seems as though the 3,800 bed jail is far less than the increase in violent crime there since 2013. If they added one bed for each additional violent crime since 2013, they would have to have 12,000 extra beds.

Violent crime skyrockets in LA goes from 16,524 in 2013 to 28,817 in 2016, increase of nearly 75%

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...decpdf/table-6

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-4

There is my post on the massive rise in violent crime since 2013. Seems like the 3,800 bed jail is a drop in the bucket compared to violent crime rate increase.
So, what would you do?

Old 09-26-2017, 07:49 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
So, what would you do?
There is no solution to the fiasco that Los Angeles has created.

They have a huge increase in violent crime from 16,000 to 28,000 in 4 years because of the desperation going on that city. A little less than 4,000 beds at a new jail is not going to change much.

It's a regressive city that makes one poor decision after another. I doubt anyone knows what to do at this time at that city.

I have been in downtown LA recently and adjacent areas and the homeless situation really can't be improve. For every 100 homeless they have in LA, they will have another 1000 homeless.

To be honest, I am stunned that the city has as low of a violent crime rate that it has especially considering the situation at street-level and the amount of desperation in that city at this time.

Tens of thousands falling through the cracks and no amount of money spent on jails and homeless will change it.

A quarter of a cent sales tax that generations 3 billion over a generation is a drop in the bucket for the amount of homeless they have there. It's insane the rows and rows of tents.

There are people who have tents on overpasses in LA because they are spaced apart.

There is a huge amount of severely mentally ill also in downtown LA and adjacent areas. I don't think police arrest them because throwing them in a jail as vulnerable as they are just creates a massive issue for them to be taken advantage of and possible lawsuits also.

Rows and rows of tents, desperation and huge violent crime rate increases.

There is no solution to what ails LA and Chicago at this point. New York City seems to be in much better shape but they basically have a blank check and unlimited resources to curtail problems as they arise.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:37 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
The stupidity of BLM is beyond belief. If they actually gave a damn about black lives and black communities, they would be demanding that more prisons be built. The very criminals they protect and riot over are the ones preying on innocent blacks in their community. BLM does not care about innocent black lives-they are a racist hate group that uses "black lives" as an excuse to justify their hatred. The only people they defend are criminals.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:44 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
There is no solution to the fiasco that Los Angeles has created.

They have a huge increase in violent crime from 16,000 to 28,000 in 4 years because of the desperation going on that city. A little less than 4,000 beds at a new jail is not going to change much.

It's a regressive city that makes one poor decision after another. I doubt anyone knows what to do at this time at that city.

I have been in downtown LA recently and adjacent areas and the homeless situation really can't be improve. For every 100 homeless they have in LA, they will have another 1000 homeless.

To be honest, I am stunned that the city has as low of a violent crime rate that it has especially considering the situation at street-level and the amount of desperation in that city at this time.

Tens of thousands falling through the cracks and no amount of money spent on jails and homeless will change it.

A quarter of a cent sales tax that generations 3 billion over a generation is a drop in the bucket for the amount of homeless they have there. It's insane the rows and rows of tents.

There are people who have tents on overpasses in LA because they are spaced apart.

There is a huge amount of severely mentally ill also in downtown LA and adjacent areas. I don't think police arrest them because throwing them in a jail as vulnerable as they are just creates a massive issue for them to be taken advantage of and possible lawsuits also.

Rows and rows of tents, desperation and huge violent crime rate increases.

There is no solution to what ails LA and Chicago at this point. New York City seems to be in much better shape but they basically have a blank check and unlimited resources to curtail problems as they arise.
So NYC is better because they have a ''blank check''. Other people's money?

Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Leftists are very dangerous people and we are blessed to not have them running the country. Everything they try to do defies logic. Let the criminals out, let the illegals in, tax the working people to death, tear down statues, label every person to the right of Karl Marx a white supremacist, tear up the constitution. Insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies