Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:45 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, just as soon as Congress provides the money, don't hold your breath until then.
I'm actually against the wall; just attempting to show that there's no $ for it, although it didn't come out that way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care who funds it. I just want the wall up.
Why? Build a 30 foot wall and 35 foot ladder sales will spike.

Arrest and jail those who hire illegal labor and the need for a wall goes away.

And let's hold Donny to his word, he said Mexico would pay, if they don't we should bill Trump.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
How many miles and how high.....ABOVE what was already planned do you want?

Does it need to have solar panels as specified?

You already accepted the main BS - that Mexico was going to pay. Just wondering if a lego setup would do the job for you. I'll make one and send you a pic and you can send me your tax money.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
*I don't care what the actual promise was in first place

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And let's hold Donny to his word, he said Mexico would pay, if they don't we should bill Trump.
Mexico does not have the funds to pay for a wall after their massive earthquake.

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Most Americans are against the wall. Apparently, this doesn't matter to Trump and his rabid supporters.

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall | Pew Research Center

Ooo Ooo I got a poll thingy too

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall By Slight Margin

Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
President Donald John Trump is rope a-doping liberals causing them to expose themselves for who they are.
While libs run around with their heads on fire over kneeling NFL players that 64% say should stand during the Anthem; Trump has started stage 1 of building the wall and driving nails into the coffin of the Democrat party.
The only person with his head on fire over the NFL is Trump.

Hey--so Trump said he'd build a wall?

Didn't he also say he would "repeal Obamacare on Day One"?

Hahaha. Good job Donny!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why? Build a 30 foot wall and 35 foot ladder sales will spike.

Arrest and jail those who hire illegal labor and the need for a wall goes away.

There is a vast net loss of immigrants to Mexico these days....farmers here are in deep doo-doo.

Obviously it would have been easy - for decades - to fix the problem. GW and McCain wanted to - along with many others in Congress. But crazy folks like in this thread don't care about solving problems - they want to pose at a sample with their middle fingers sticking out.

Solving problems is something they outrighted admitted they didn't want to do for 8 years. Of course, they didn't want to do it before or after that time either.

It ain't gonna happen as long as the radical (read that "ignorant") base are the primary voters.

Meanwhile, we fall further and further behind - even our lifespans are decreasing as our debt and waistlines increase.

One big nightmare brought to you by a political party who outrights admits they want to destroy the government. They are doing a heck of a job so far. It very well (50/50) could be the end of our run as an advancing (progressive) nation.

The future is probably just a balkan type of chaos with everyone taking what they can. No real nation...although we can fake it and maybe they will start a war to bring us all "together".

Old 09-26-2017, 04:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:

President Donald John Trump is rope a-doping liberals causing them to expose themselves for who they are.

While libs run around with their heads on fire over kneeling NFL players that 64% say should stand during the Anthem; Trump has started stage 1 of building the wall and driving nails into the coffin of the Democrat party.

Trump's border wall IS being built

• Customs and Border Protection say the first building work on prototypes of the border wall is now under way in San Diego
  • Each prototype will be up to 30 feet high and 30 feet long, with four made of concrete and for in 'other materials'
  • All prortypes will be complete within 30 days, CBP said Tuesday
  • California's Democratic attorney general is suing to stop construction saying it breaches environmental laws
  • Work is now under way with a 'free speech zone' to accommodate protesters being suggested by law enforcementTrump border wall prototype building begins in San Diego | Daily Mail Online
who is paying for it???

Old 09-26-2017, 04:58 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Ooo Ooo I got a poll thingy too

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall By Slight Margin
^Dated Sunday, 29 Jan 2017.

Dated 6 months more recent, and from the exact same poll, only 37% support the wall, with 56% opposed:
Most Voters Say No To Wall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies