Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:39 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I keep Telling you guys, when Trump said Mexico would pay for The Wall, he was referring to a copy of the Pink Floyd album.
If the amazing dealmaker is true to form, he'll scrounge up a Tijuana-made bootleg cassette with the Mariachi version, claim it was the plan all along, and his followers will swoon over his mad skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 05:57 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump's border wall IS being built

So, Mexico finally sent a check?

Or are American taxpayers getting screwed as usual by empty campaign promises?

It's not the wall itself they are only prototypes. How are we going to get screwed by building a $25 billion wall vs the $113 billion that illegals cost us every single year no matter who pays for it? I have posted a couple of links several times proving that the good walls do work. Remain in denial. Typical liberal.

Last edited by Oldglory; 09-26-2017 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 05:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care who funds it. I just want the wall up.
It's not going to happen.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:01 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So let's pretend that the wall was going up -- how do you see that as a victory for the American people?

Let's just pretend that Trump just started building it. What does that say about the political process in the USA. Talk about trashing the Constitution and any notion of how the govt. is to conduct itself as set out by that Constitution.

It implies Trump acted alone in spending tax payer money on a project that is not yet approved by our representatives.

Is that the kind of govt. conservatives want.

That is fascinating to me.

Conservatives are cheering for dictatorships? Really?>

Okay
Congress would have to approve it otherwise how is it going to be built? They actually approved it back in 2006. Didn't Obama bypass congress by implementing DACA by EO? I wouldn't talk about dictatorships if I were you.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not the wall itself they are only prototypes. How are we going to get screwed by building a $25 billion wall vs the $113 billion that illegals cost us no matter who pays for it? I have posted a couple of links several times proving that the good wall do work. Remain in denial. Typical liberal.
Leaving aside your specious 113B figure, do the words "visa overstay" mean anything to you?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
I live in San Diego. Will cruise on down there and see if I can see anything. Sounds like police are putting up lots of barricades to keep protesters away, might also be impervious to normal Americans who support it. We'll see.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Ooo Ooo I got a poll thingy too

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall

Rasmussen Poll Shows Voters Favor Mexican Border Wall By Slight Margin
Among voters who strongly approve of Trump’s job performance, 92 percent want to build the wall. In contrast, 94 percent of those who strongly disapprove of the job the new president is doing oppose the construction of such a wall.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:06 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Leaving aside your specious 113B figure, do the words "visa overstay" mean anything to you?
Seriously. Even if a wall gets built, does anyone really think it's gonna stop anyone from immigrating here illegally? All somebody has to do is show up at the border with a travel visa, tell them, "We're going to Disneyland," and then just ... stay. Disappear into the woodwork. If people really want to get here badly, they'll figure out a way.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Among voters who strongly approve of Trump’s job performance, 92 percent want to build the wall. In contrast, 94 percent of those who strongly disapprove of the job the new president is doing oppose the construction of such a wall.
And, as I've already pointed out twice, it's a moot point anyway, since hogstooth's own poll - a more recent one - defeats his/her purpose anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
^Dated Sunday, 29 Jan 2017.

Dated 6 months more recent, and from the exact same poll, only 37% support the wall, with 56% opposed:
Most Voters Say No To Wall

Old 09-26-2017, 06:11 PM

And here's an even more recent poll, from a different polling outfit. Dated ... 5 days ago.

Poll: Support drops for border wall, deporting Dreamers | TheHill
Quote:
Support for President Trump's signature plan to build a wall along the Mexican border has dropped over the past two years, as has support for his policy of increased deportations of undocumented immigrants.

A Monmouth University poll released Thursday found 35 percent of Americans support Trump's plan to build a wall, down from 48 percent in September 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies