Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For those who want to roll back LGBT rights, how far do you want to go?
National religious freedom law i.e. businesses can refuse LGBT customers 43 70.49%
Gay marriage banned 24 39.34%
Gay adoption banned 28 45.90%
Don't Ask Don't Tell re-instated for all LGBT individuals 22 36.07%
Complete ban on LGBT people serving as it was prior to DADT in 1993 14 22.95%
Ban gay pride parades and any pro-gay perspectives in the media and educational system a-la Russia 10 16.39%
Ban homosexual activity with a fine 4 6.56%
Ban homosexual activity with jailtime 3 4.92%
Death penalty for homosexuality as laid out in Leviticus 20:13 4 6.56%
Other (please specify) 9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:18 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You are WWAAYY too obsessed over this issue, just like you are over obsessed on the VAT. You say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!
My kids went to that school district and I personally know the people involved.

And FYI, 77% of those age 30+ (old enough to have school age children) are opposed to allowing facilities "choice" in US schools:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-new...ool-bathrooms/

Furthermore, why not implement a 20%-25%VAT tax? Works for European countries. Everyone contributes, and it captures tax revenue from those who earn their incomes illicitly and therefore don't report it to or file taxes with the IRS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I guess we know who will be first in line to apply for the job of "Genital Inspector", should it come to that. Hope no one thinks you are ever in the wrong bathroom!
Guess what? I won't be flashing my vag in the boys'/men's locker/shower room. So, there you go... /SMH

Old 09-28-2017, 03:26 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Based on my experience reading this forum, I am not the least bit surprised by the ignorance and intolerance of the voters.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:26 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Nope, InformedConsent, you'll just be trying to sneak a peek at everyone else's junk. Cool.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:31 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
JAs a social libertarian moderate I couldn't care less about the lgbtq community. Let them live as they wish and even adopt kids assuming they are psychologically stable. I do personally believe a lot of gay men are gay because they were molested as kids, though... We certainly dont want these men to carry on that tradition. I wish the right would stop trying to legislate morality.

Robbery, rape, and killing are immoral acts. Being transgender might be what I would consider a psychological disorder depending on the case at hand, more attention seeking behavior than anything, but its not immoral as it does not hurt anyone else.[
It's neurobiological, not psychological.

Also I really don't go out much. Mostly because I don't have anywhere to go other than shopping when I need something. Who would I be seeking attention from exactly? The dust bunnies under my bed? Come on, now. I hate attention drawn to me. I always have. When I occasionally go out with friends, they'll do or say something to where attention is drawn to me, but only because they know I embarrass easily and go into what one of them refers to as "turtle mode." They seem to find that funny. I don't do things for attention. I go out of my way to avoid it.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Nope, InformedConsent, you'll just be trying to sneak a peek at everyone else's junk. Cool.
Oh, please... Grow up.

FWIW, Federal Court upheld Pitt's (state university) expulsion of a F to M but anatomically female transgender for using men's locker/shower rooms on campus after male students complained about her presence in their facilities:
Quote:
"Federal Judge Kim R. Gibson dismissed Johnston's suit, saying that his transgender status was not covered by either the Constitution's equal-protection clause or Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which bars sex discrimination by institutions receiving federal funds.

With regard to the equal-protection clause, Gibson writes that transgender status is not a "suspect class" under equal-protection review, so that Pitt can prevail as long as it shows a "rational basis" for its actions. The university "explained that its policy is based on the need to ensure the privacy of its students to disrobe and shower outside of the presence of members of the opposite sex. This justification has been repeatedly upheld by courts," Gibson writes."
Federal Judge denies the discrimination claim of a transgender expelled from Pitt over locker room use - Inside Higher Ed

That's even older than high school age students.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:44 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
geekigurl...our resident transgendered Dr. Ruth.

OMG...

That's hilarious!

I'd tell you to stop stalking me, but then you'd start b--ching at me about trying to limit your right to free association or something (just kidding!!)

Old 09-28-2017, 03:57 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
200,000BC should be far enough back...

Old 09-28-2017, 04:05 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How about the government get the hell of this whole marriage business?

People should be free to marry whomever they want and in whatever way they want.

The government has to be in the marriage business, or at least the civil union business, to determine things like dependents for health coverage, SS benefits, retirement programs, legal heirs, and such. Marriage confers a lot of legal rights and obligations.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The ironic thing is that LGBT rights wouldn't be an issue if not for religion. Attempts to legislate gay people back into the shadows of society is in essence an attempt to impose fundamentalist Christianity on them. The entire thing is that fundamentalist Christians are offended by gay people openly living their lives. They believe it offend's their god and therefore should not be allowed in society. Religion is a choice however and sexual orientation isn't. Yes, I know conservatives believe a gay person can go to an ex-gay camp or see a therapist and come out heterosexual, but the entire psychological community disagrees with that (I should know best, I tried it not once but twice) and our laws should not promote what amounts to quackery.

To put it in a different way, should we ban McDonalds because Hindus believe cows are sacred and are offended by people eating them? Of course not!

Well, the LGB wouldn't. The T is another matter. We are talking a mental disorder in the T vs a sexual preference in the LGB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies