Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 01:03 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

It is pretty well know that abroad most people laugh at us for electing such a man. This is not news. The base will never waiver, that's clear, but the rest of the world sees what is obvious. That is why history will not be kind to Donald Trump.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:04 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'm on my way back from my vacation to Barcelona. It's notable how many people talked to me about Trump. I never initiated these discussions. (Who would??!) But, when people found out I'm American, they frequently expressed their sorrow for our "crazy" "idiot" president. I made it as clear as I possibly could that the majority of Americans despise him. He does not represent the best of this country.

This man is really disliked abroad.

Ok.... ? Thanks for sharing, I guess?

Old 09-28-2017, 01:19 PM

33,320 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A recent credible poll, if there is such a thing, showed 90 something % are happy with their vote for trump.

It was hidden within a poll cherry picked to show people did not like trump's behavior.

Euro countries governments roll over for Trump, they need him more than he does them.

The Euro people dislike each other.

Ask a Walloon what they think of northern Belgium or a french swiss about a german swiss.

I live in a county in Nj where, after an election when a democrat wins, you cannot find anyone who voted for that candidate.

Hope EU knows that the mainstream media over here is a democrat propaganda machine who carrys the hijacked democrat's hate and fear mongering campaign to the extreme. EU has always looked down on America, though strangely enough they can't wait to move here.
LMAO re the bolded (tried to rep you, but got the spread the rep message). If you had not identified the state and had asked us to guess, my first guess would have been NJ.

I wouldn't want to live in NJ, but I do enjoy visiting.

Two questions that I ask people (mid conversation) when visiting, when say the other person starts the conversation while waiting in a line (or some similar situation), and if the conversation turns to driving. I can't remember any specific answers I've heard to these two questions (but I remember responders making me laugh, or at least chuckle) :

1. How do you feel about jug handles ?

2. How do you feel about not being able to pump your own gas ?

Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

33,320 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It is pretty well know that abroad most people laugh at us for electing such a man. This is not news. The base will never waiver, that's clear, but the rest of the world sees what is obvious. That is why history will not be kind to Donald Trump.
I didn't vote for either one of them, but do you think 'history will be kind to Hillary' ?

It will be a different type of judgement, given that she lost, but 'history will still judge' Hillary.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'm on my way back from my vacation to Barcelona. It's notable how many people talked to me about Trump. I never initiated these discussions. (Who would??!) But, when people found out I'm American, they frequently expressed their sorrow for our "crazy" "idiot" president. I made it as clear as I possibly could that the majority of Americans despise him. He does not represent the best of this country.

This man is really disliked abroad.
I agree.

Not admired, not respected for his office, and I haven't met anyone neutral on the subject. It seems like everyone wants to talk about it with me, they bring it up, I don't. I get embarrassed.

This is different from what I have been accustomed to.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree.

Not admired, not respected for his office, and I haven't met anyone neutral on the subject. It seems like everyone wants to talk about it with me, they bring it up, I don't. I get embarrassed.

This is different from what I have been accustomed to.
That's generally true for people living in echo chambers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies