Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm working with one poster at a time now.

You guys have a very peculiar interest in my personal life.

I'm with Snorlaxxx. If I ever clear that convo maybe I'll come back and answer the next statist.

I wont hold my breath. I deal with multiple posters all the time, it isn't that difficult. You just know you have no real answer to give, that's all. And don't be so ridiculous as to pretend this is about your personal life. Hopefully you ARE smarter than that. Its about the specifics of your worldview, not your personal life. Or rather, the glaring lack of them when asked hard questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
I'm working with one poster at a time now.

You guys have a very peculiar interest in my personal life.

I'm with Snorlaxxx. If I ever clear that convo maybe I'll come back and answer the next statist.
Feel free to move on, I think I'm pretty clear at this point. No more follow ups needed.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
So a 3rd party group with either the power or finances to enforce or refund your contract should the other party fail to honor it? Hmmm that sounds an awful lot like something that I can't quite put my finger on... *cough* government *cough*
Insurance is/would be voluntary. Involuntary government is involuntary...obviously.

I believe this ends the discussion but I could be mistaken.

Follow up?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I wont hold my breath. I deal with multiple posters all the time, it isn't that difficult. You just know you have no real answer to give, that's all. And don't be so ridiculous as to pretend this is about your personal life. Hopefully you ARE smarter than that. Its about the specifics of your worldview. Or rather, the glaring lack of them when asked hard questions.
Ok, Snorlaxxx cleared me.

What would you like to know?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Ok, Snorlaxxx cleared me.

What would you like to know?

Ive asked how you would deal with someone putting a toxic waste dump in your residential neighborhood, or a 24/7 strip club in the house next door.

BTW, in no way did you give any sort of viable answer to snorlaxx. He just realized finally that you have no viable answer and quit bothering.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Ive asked how you would deal with someone putting a toxic waste dump in your residential neighborhood, or a 24/7 strip club in the house next door.
How about we pick just one?

It's very odd to ask my personal habits so I'm trying to be as thorough as possible.

Plus these questions are so bizarre they take forever to answer.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:

BTW, in no way did you give any sort of viable answer to snorlaxx. He just realized finally that you have no viable answer and quit bothering.
I believe I did give him a viable answer. I upheld the non-aggression principle and when a party that I had a contract didn't I was made whole again via insurance which is pretty good considering how life sucks sometimes.

Anarchy doesn't mean people won't violate the non-aggression principle. It only means we don't start from the preface of violence to begin with (the government).

Old 10-01-2017, 08:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
I believe I did give him a viable answer. I upheld the non-aggression principle and when a party that I had a contract didn't I was made whole again via insurance which is pretty good considering how life sucks sometimes.

Anarchy doesn't mean people won't violate the non-aggression principle. It only means we don't start from the preface of violence to begin with (the government).
F**k. Last one now for real. The acknowledgement of the NAP is itself a social contract that requires some form of enforcement framework to be viable. Without enforceable consequences for violating the NAP, it too is mere words.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
F**k. Last one now for real. The acknowledgement of the NAP is itself a social contract that requires some form of enforcement framework to be viable. Without enforceable consequences for violating the NAP, it too is mere words.
Watch my video!

Of course the strongest person in the world can simply dominate and massacre every one else. That doesn't change regardless if we have a free society or statist society (Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot).

It's superior to the social contract though. Logically speaking...therefore it's an improvement.

Baby is born. Baby has agreed to all edicts of ruling government in that specified geographic area. Baby can earn back rights and privileges from the government via conditions set forth in said edicts (getting license to drive, buying a gun, putting up a shelter).

VS.

Baby is born. Baby has no binding contracts because it has no cognitive ability to do so. Only parties free from duress and with the cognitive ability to do so can agree to terms on all transactions.

Logically superior.

Morally superior (for me anyway...don't want to speak for you now cuz I'm not a collectivist or your master but I think you'd agree...tell me if I'm wrong)

Clear as day.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:42 PM

And the NAP isn't a social contract. If you are attacked with a knife you have the right not to defend yourself. I'm just saying I would and I believe I have a right to do so.

If you're saying I don't have the right to defend myself then I'm your slave.

Am I your slave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies