Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 06:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
When Trump posted this racially divisive photo he lost any real black support in my eyes.

Then he also did this calling the NFL players who knelt, SOB's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW-GI_9IL8

Charlottesville Reaction

Getting sued for Discriminating against AAs.
Is there any truth to those statistics?

Old 09-29-2017, 06:53 PM

Default Sexist term

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Is someone suppose to be immune from being called an SOB solely because they are Black? Now that's real discrimination. Since when did Black people become immune to being called names like everyone else? If a Black person is an SOB than he's an SOB. There shouldn't be much more to it.
It's a sexist term not a racist term but since he's White and the people he was referring to are Black, most Black people immediately tagged it as racist but it's actually a sexist term that he used.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 09-29-2017 at 08:01 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The post about crime was a lie. 81% of Whites aren't killed by Blacks in fact only 8-10% of murdered White people are killed by Blacks and it is less if you take out Hispanics. He was posting a factually incorrect post that basically claimed their was a purposeful genocide by blacks against whites.
Thanks for clarifying that to the readership (myself included) here at large.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:17 PM

Default Not asking for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Trump said "when somebody disrespects our flag". He didn't make a reference to race, religion or anything else. It so happens, the majority doing this are Blacks on the football field. So be it. You shouldn't expect someone to walk on eggshells and treat people differently, and be afraid of offending someone only because they are Black when the same thing applies to a white person.
If Black people in general want to take it as an insult so be it. It's their privilege to do so. It doesn't mean they are correct and it doesn't mean other people need to agree with them.

You've just said it yourself, it's their (Black people) privilege as an American to be insulted by actions of the POTUS if they so deem it that way. Um, who do think decides if it's correct? White people? I think not. No group of people can decided for any other people on what that group should or shouldn't be insulted by. If your group isn't insulted, that's great but your group doesn't get to decide for every other group nor determine if the other group's feelings of insult is "correct" or not. Equally importantly, I do agree with you that other people don't have to agree with them (Blacks) as that's the rest of non-Black people's right and privilege also as Americans.

In a nutshell, both seemingly opposing views of the two groups can have some validity. Consequently no one group should deem themselves as a "god" to decide whether the feelings are of the other is "correct" or not. Speak for yourself yes but not for other groups when you've never lived their lives.

I say the same in reverse to my Black family, friends, acquaintences when they claim that all White people are racists, hate Blacks, or feel superior to Blacks. While it true that some or maybe even many feel that way it's also true that there are plenty who don't and since we can't get in White people's head and know what they're all thinking, we can't say that they ALL feel any certain way.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 09-29-2017 at 08:03 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 07:41 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
It's been a while but over the years I've seen evidence of what I'm sure are a few White (male) posters creating a new username and pretending to be Black. They write posts in Ebonics and or/post about some fake outrage over something extremely assinine in their attempt at being funny or sarcastic.

When I read the title of this post and see that the orginator of this thread used in his/her title the word "people" which is plural and put a "S" at the end, it reminded me of those posters who are making fun of the way many Black people talk and write.

Black peoples? Really? I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or not but I'll read on and find out, I guess.
Thanks to iPhone, now you have a job of being a spelling police.

#1 rule of the internet discussion: when having no way to rebut, attack the poster’s grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Next time you go into your job yell "FIRE!FIRE!FIRE!" at the top of your lungs and tell your employer you are exercising your constitutional rights.

The freedom of speech stops at “imminent unlawful action.” Yelling fire in a theater when there’s no fire is an imminent unlawful action. It’s no different from saying “Joe stole my truck and let’s beat him up,” or “I need you to kill Bob for me.”

Do you not know that?????

Old 09-29-2017, 07:47 PM

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Actually, I don't hate him at all and agree he is a blessing and a curse. I like that he opened that door so true colors can be seen. It's good that the whole world can see the two U.S.As, the split that exists within the nation.
I agree as far I don't hate him either. I just find him extremely embarrassing. So classless, ignorant, and foolish. My mother, who doesn't hate him either, is an old-school southern Black woman, said "Lawd, I ain't never seen no White man act like this. He says some of the most stupid things!" What she means is before Trump, the majority of us thought of White men as capable, persons with dignity, and honor. I mean those are the images that have been stuffed down our throats forever in school and in the media.

Trump is the first White person to completely destroy that image and show that yes indeed there are some White men who are as a classless, vulgar, and base as any ghetto dwelling hoodrat and yet these men are CEO's and in other positions of prominence.

The difference is there is a support system in place and safety net in place for most of the WM (and Whites in general) who act like that to still maintain a good position, well-paying job, attain another job if they lose one, or retain respect in society while the hoodrat and low-class acting Black people don't have a safety net so their low-class behavior and vulgar antics prevents them from making any real gains in society and of course almost no one really respects ghetto behavior although they mimic it to appear hip. A few hoodrats do well for a short time (hiphop artist, NFL, or NBA player) but their behavior soon tanks them and they never regain their high position, respect, nor financial prosperity.

I think it was Obama's election as POTUS that show America's (majority) true colors. The split became obvious after he won. That's when the monkey and gorillas insults started, accusations that Blacks voted for Obama thinking he would give us more freebies via welfare, and that even the idea of sincerely trying to level the playing field for Blacks meant stealing food out of the cupboards of White people, ejecting studious White students out of all colleges and inserting dumb Blacks in their place, and so forth. When the Obamas didn't echo the sentiments to the letter of the former White families who'd occupied the WH, then the Obamas were accused of being unpatriotic, full of hateful Islamic idealogy, etc. Or, at least that's the way it was portrayed by the conservative crowd.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 09-29-2017 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OK, so the prez is twisting in the wind trying to make a-holes stop being a-holes, and trying to get ther employers to fire them for exercising their constitutional rights. He needs to stop that because it is just making the other side dig their heels in more and more.

And, yeah, that is what he said. I'm not going to bother getting the video for you. It was posted here repeatedly.
Like I said, that he wants the players to be fired as a president is HIGHLY inappropriate and should be condemned. There is absolutely no excuse for him to say that!!!!

However, it’s not racist!

Old 09-29-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
You know what. I don't think that is true anymore. I live in WPB, and pretty much everywhere I go, there are more black people on the roads, in the stores, restaurants, you name it, either shopping or working, than there are white or hispanics combined. I bet the stats are more closer to 45% of the population is black. Especially in the bigger cities.
Are you saying 45% of Trump’s 22,000 employees are black then?

Old 09-29-2017, 07:51 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you saying 45% of Trump’s 22,000 employees are black then?
Maybe it's purely fabricated like your original attempts at the numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies