Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2017, 11:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Big-govt leftists have been relying for more than a century on a few key principles for pushing their agenda onto people who aren't paying much attention... which is most Americans in our case.
(a) Publish what you want them to believe as widely as possible, so they will take for granted that it's true and legitimate without checking. If it's getting that many headlines, it must be true, right?; and
(b) Proselytize the young, who are eager for spectacular and simple "solutions" and more likely to take your word without thinking things through.

Both are seen going full blast as various sports figures are kneeling or sitting during playings of the National Anthem at televised sports events. None of these "protesting" players ever mention that more black people are shot or killed by black policemen than by white policemen (despite the smaller number of black policemen on the force). They simply announce that whites are the problem, and hope people take their word for it. Corrections, if any, only come hours later on news broadcasts, and only a few of those.

Now the leftists' poison is spreading farther and farther, as facts lag for behind wishful thinking, as the leftists had hoped. A 1st grader took a knee during the daily recitation of the Pledge of Alliegence in his school classroom. Do you suppose the 6-year-old kid had any clue of the reality of the feigned "plague of racism" the leftists claim is at work, despite all facts?

----------------------------------------------

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/scho...161226337.html
How schools are dealing with students taking a knee during the national anthem

Kerry JustichSeptember 30, 2017

(snip)

....it wasn’t until a 6-year-old boy went down on one knee in his classroom during the pledge of allegiance that parents began to realize that the political issue may need their attention.

In a first-grade classroom in Pasco County, Fla., on Monday, a young boy was reprimanded by his teacher for kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance. Without being offered an opportunity to discuss his reasoning behind the action, the boy was told to stand up and stop his protest.

“I just wanted to let you know that this morning when it was time to do the Pledge of Allegiance, [your son] went down on one knee,” the student’s teacher told his mother through a text message. “I knew where he had seen it but I did tell him that in the classroom we are learning what it means to be a good citizen we’re learning about respecting the United States of America and our country symbols and showing loyalty and patriotism and that we stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. I know its a sensitive issue but I wanted to make you aware. Thanks”

The boy’s mother immediately took her case to the school’s principal, requesting that her son be placed in a different class.

(snip)
And if this is true, the teacher is to be commended and the student handled in a way to make him realize you do not disrespect the teacher or school rules. I didn't read the article, did anyone ask the brat when he was doing that and if he understood what he was doing? I hope the school told the mother to get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 11:14 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this so much? "The daily ceremony of appreciation for the free country you're living in isn't mandatory, but that doesn't mean you can just choose not to take part!"

Joseph Heller, you left too soon.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:17 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Your lack of comprehension (or supposed lack thereof) is not my responsibility.

Hint: Ad hominem attack on your part does nothing to bolster your point.
Well, it is your responsibility to write things in a clear, understandable manner if you want others to understand you.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:18 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,566 times
What is this with parents using their kids as political pawns ?

Old 10-01-2017, 11:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
The leftist poison is spreading: 1st grader takes a knee during the daily Pledge of Allegience in his class

Better than spreading the rightist poison of perverting the First Amendement to mean 'You're free to say what we want to hear'

Old 10-01-2017, 11:22 AM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And if this is true, the teacher is to be commended and the student handled in a way to make him realize you do not disrespect the teacher or school rules. I didn't read the article, did anyone ask the brat when he was doing that and if he understood what he was doing? I hope the school told the mother to get over it.
I seriously doubt that 'the brat' understood anything about the morning ceremonies.

Many first graders confuse the miracles of Jesus with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. That's why some churches stopped teaching that stuff in Sunday school 50 years ago. IMO, they could sing an age appropriate patriotic song and be done with it until 3rd grade or so.

My Girl Scouts learned about the Flag Code in 4th 5th and 6th grade. They knew what they were doing.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:24 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
did anyone ask the brat when he was doing that and if he understood what he was doing?
Does anyone ask the students, or brats if that's how you prefer to refer to them, who stand for the pledge if they understand what they are doing?

Another person who for reasons ununderstandable assumes that children aren't able to understand why their not standing, but do understand why they are standing.

Also, the irony of "I didn't read the article" and suggesting the kid doesn't know what he's talking about isn't lost on me.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I taught my children the meaning of the pledge and so did the school. I expect parents to parent and teach their kids, whether they are standing or not, and to know and understand the reason why.
I guess I am thinking of a more nuanced interpretation than I believe the average 6-year-old can really understand. I know how that sounds, and I'm sorry, but I can't think of any better way to put it.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:30 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This kneeling thing during the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem is on par for what's coming. As we all clearly see. the hard left is pushing it's values on everyone, i.e., gay marriage, transgenders, removing God from society, lawlessness, etc. Rebellion is everywhere nowadays and leading up to the introduction of a certain world leader known as the antichrist, one who opposes the values of Jesus. And as the Holy Bible tells, the days are soon coming that if you don't show allegiance to this world leader, you'll be put to death; the signs are everywhere and it's all recorded in the Book of Revelation. Don't take what's happening to society lightly.
Trump is the antichrist? Who would have thought? Now it all makes sense!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Just look at the posters here on POC who do not understand the 1st. Amendment.

But we expect a 6yo to understand the Pledge and the National Anthem.

I will never forget having to explain to a curious 5th grader what a BJ was when Bill and Monica were all over the news. He also wondered why a married person had a girl friend.

He did not hear anything about it at home. No TV there. They talk about lots of things on the school bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies