Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:33 AM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Bannon keeps up with these ugly truths and it is going to resonate with a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 10:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Remember Trumps Twitter obsession with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart? A senior citizen obsessed with teenaged actors love life's, nothing weird about that, right?

Old 10-01-2017, 02:28 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Actors are conmen and frauds. Most people knew this before the motion picture era. They were held in the same regard as pickpockets, prostitutes and magic potion salesmen. The majority in our era are relearning this.
Absolutely true!

Old 10-01-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think actors are just actors. They are not experts on political matters, medical issues or anything else. Most of them are narcissists. It's also funny to see actresses age and throw tantrums about "age discrimination in Hollywood".
Paraphrasing an old proverb: "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than open one's mouth and prove it."

The vast majority of actors don't understand this proverb.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Paraphrasing an old proverb: "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than open one's mouth and prove it."

Neither does trump. Perhaps he should take that proverb to heart.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Actors are conmen and frauds. Most people knew this before the motion picture era. They were held in the same regard as pickpockets, prostitutes and magic potion salesmen. The majority in our era are relearning this.

Who gave William Chauncey a time travel machine?

Old 10-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actors are, by their very definition, experts at the art of deception (at least the good ones). They are paid to deceive an audience. Whether any given actor or actress is stupid or not is beside the point. Regardless, why would I take their opinions to heart? What we have is an individual who is not an expert on much of anything besides pretending to be something he/she are not. Does that sound like credible expertise to you?

They are certainly entitled to their personal opinions. But those opinions (unless about their own field of work) are no more valid and should hold no more authority than the opinions of anyone else.
I hate seeing acting labeled as 'art' but I understand the rationale for why some do it. Acting is simply nothing more than lying and deceiving to advance an agenda. I am realizing that the only pure forms of artistic expression are sculpting, painting and music. Everything else is agenda driven. I think it is time to forbid theatrical endeavors, perhaps the Muslims will be the only one with the cajones to actually implement such a standard.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:51 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
He campaigned, in part, on having a wonderful plan for health care. Why has he not promoted it?
He did have a wonderful plan for health care: get the government out of it.

Problem is, the ruling class on either side of the isle is not willing to release their grasp on 1/6th of the economy. It has too much potential as a gold mine of revenue and social control. More proof that we have two shades of evil running this nation.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:52 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I hate seeing acting labeled as 'art' but I understand the rationale for why some do it. Acting is simply nothing more than lying and deceiving to advance an agenda. I am realizing that the only pure forms of artistic expression are sculpting, painting and music. Everything else is agenda driven. I think it is time to forbid theatrical endeavors, perhaps the Muslims will be the only one with the cajones to actually implement such a standard.
Give me a break. All expressions of art, regardless of its medium, has always had political underscoring. This is nothing new.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:

Do you think Trump abides this proverb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies