Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 03:50 PM

88,966 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If you were to study the Constitution yourself and know and acknowledge the full text of the 2nd Amendment, your argument would be weakened: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." You and most gun nuts, always leave out the part about having a well-regulated militia being the reason for the amendment.
How can you have a well-regulated militia if the people don't keep and bear arms? An unarmed militia? How does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How can you have a well-regulated militia if the people don't keep and bear arms? An unarmed militia? How does that work?
About as well as screaming when lost in the woods... or firing off areal flares to set off a forest fire...

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There's no doubt that her opinion is common among the Leftist Mainstream Media....she was just stupid enough to open her big fat mouth and say it.
It goes back to what I said earlier. Truth is just seeing how some were hoping it was a white guy or it was a brown middle eastern guy that did this. Or the fact that when gay people get gunned down inside many christian and muslim people think they deserved it for being gay. Or when a black person gets killed in Chicago some white people are thinking oh well. Or when a white cop shoots a black person some black people (and white) care more that a white cop shot a black person than if it is a black person shooting another black person. Or if a guy shoots a republican person some democratic liberals kinda don't care so much and visa versa.

Fact is we are too wrongly polarized as a nation based on politics, color and religion and it is not good.

88,966 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Anyone can refuse room service by putting the do not disturb sign on the door.
They can also just have room service leave the delivery right outside the door. No need to open it until room service staff is gone.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong choice in words. Firepower isn't the word. Continuity of fire is what you're looking for.

Bet no anti gunners here could tell which is the hunting round and which is the AR 15 round...

SO which cartidge has more fire power?
The one on the left looks like a 223 or maybe 5.56, the one on the right is the hunting round, looks like a 30 06. The 5.56 is far better for murdering lots of people then large hunting rounds in spite of the fact that it doesn't have the same amount of "knock down power" per bullet. For such reasons.

1.) You can carry far more ammo since the rounds are lighter. The military realized the 7.62 NATO was
overkill and learned that more engagements were more determined by quantity of bullets fired.

2.) 5.56 round is easy to hold on target when you firing off rounds rapidly

3.) You can fit more rounds in each mag with a 5.56 then larger hunting rounds. The 7.62 Nato round could
only do about 20 per mag before it caused jamming issues.

4.) Lightweight long grain like the 5.56 mm doesn't have strong penetrative power so it tends to bouncy
around through the body causing horrible injuries. Where a hunting round would simply punch right
through the target.

If the shooter in Vegas showed up with a hunting rifle there would have been much few deaths. Also we need to have much stricter gun control.

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
this is not "gun repair shop 101"

This story is about An Act of Murders, by a MASS MURDERER, WHO KILLED A MASS OF PEOPLE AND WOUNDED AN EVEN LARGER MASS"

Trying to deflect the subject to "gun class 101" is a disrespect for the people who were killed and wounded.

What people should be concerned about, is how was that many guns allowed to be brought into the hotel. Not trying to demonstrate to others, how to convert weapons to automatic, as if its some training class.

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times
All in all, this doesn't add up for me; smells fishy. Color me skeptical!

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Of course I would be shocked because I think I know my family members very well. If one of them committed a violent crime I would be the first to admit that I did not know them very well after all.
Well, then you and I are different. I would be stunned if one of my family members did something like this, but to me that would not mean that I didn't know them very well. People are complex, and some people keep aspects of themselves well hidden. I know my brothers very well because I grew up alongside them. I know some of their boyhood secrets. I know who they had crushes on, what music they listened to, what foods they liked and what they didn't. I know the stories behind the broken bones, I know the stories behind the broken hearts. I know who got in trouble, and who got away with things. As adults, I know who's political and who's not, who's religious and who's not. I know who worries about their jobs, and who worries about their kids. I know how they celebrate the different holidays. I know their hobbies, I know their favorite drinks. I don't talk to them all the time, they live in different cities around the country. But I know my brothers.

242 posts, read 184,184 times
I don't understand why the windows that were broken out were so far apart. Did he have multiple rooms next to each other? And why would he go from one to the other? Just something I noticed.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If you were to study the Constitution yourself and know and acknowledge the full text of the 2nd Amendment, your argument would be weakened: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." You and most gun nuts, always leave out the part about having a well-regulated militia being the reason for the amendment.
Damn that pesky Supreme Court anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies