Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 08:27 AM

88,570 posts, read 44,294,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've known felons that could not legally buy guns but still had them. That's kind of the summary of this entire thread.
Bingo! I've been saying the same thing. Gun control laws are completely meaningless. CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:28 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
yes, they do. proof is right there in my facts.

Nevada had a hundred more gun homicides than NJ in one year with a quarter of the population of NJ. Nevada has lax gun laws; NJ's are strict.
Suicides aren't really homicide. People hell bent on offing themselves can find pills and booze as an alternative.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-gun-violence/

Shall we talk about explosives? Explosives are easy to make. Shall we ban farming too?

Old 10-03-2017, 08:29 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,166,544 times
Quote:
Why? You can make them from billet steel. Thus my reloading comment. You can cut hardened steel and either mold or grind it down to make boolits. Cast boolits are easy to make.

People have been making their own bullets since gun powder.
Of the millions of gun owners i doubt that 100,000 would even know how or have the ability to do this. Better than making such ammo available daily.

19,388 posts, read 12,033,778 times
His brother insisted repeatedly he didn't have any political affiliation or religion as if it couldn't be a factor. Really, no beliefs at all. Sure. Everyone has a political opinion since 2016, including moderates and independents and apoliticals. Everyone has to think about religion even if we are not religious. All this stuff has been forced upon us so brother don't tell us he couldn't have cared about any of it, maybe he quietly did care.

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times
Quote:
I've known felons that could not legally buy guns but still had them. That's kind of the summary of this entire thread.
You should reevaluate who you have for friends.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:30 AM

38,964 posts, read 50,902,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bingo! I've been saying the same thing. Gun control laws are completely meaningless. CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.
Half measures will never work. The number of guns in circulation needs to be reduced to as near zero as possible like it is in other nations before we will see a large reduction in gun violence.

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
yes, they do. proof is right there in my facts.

Nevada had a hundred more gun homicides than NJ in one year with a quarter of the population of NJ. Nevada has lax gun laws; NJ's are strict.
ok, explain Chicago with strong gun control laws? There really is not evidence gun control really is gun control. The use of guns will not stop no matter what is done. Bad people do bad things, one way or the other and nuts like this guy would have found a way to do what he did regardless.

8,224 posts, read 3,461,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I know you aren't trying to make me look stupid. You and I have had gun conversations before and taught me very politely many things about guns. However I do not understand your logic.

The bolded, so you don't fly so the restrictions for traveling don't bother you? So as long as it is something that doesn't hurt you or your family it is okay? I am not understanding how further restrictions on traveling would be a moot point because you don't fly?

You started by saying imagine your rights being taken away such as free speech. You have a right to bear arms. Again, times have changed, we must change with them. I am not a gun person (clearly) but have no qualms with someone wanting to defend their home.

There is no need for a single person to have a semi-automatic weapon, let alone as many as he did. The silencer, sorry even if it made the gun fail, he had over a dozen more.
My logic is quite simple. I'm not motivated by irrational emotion.

If this then that.

If it's an opinion that you seek that is different.

Pertaining to flying. It was a last minute flight. I only went with the clothes on my back. I didn't have any baggage aboard. And had to sprint through an airport to make a flight on time. Further restrictions on air ports such as TSA in my opinion are a failed attempt at providing safety and spreading government bureaucracy. How many kids and women are groped daily? It's an inconvenience correct? Well. That's what you get when you trade liberty for comfort. Why is it moot to me? I much rather would drive to my destination, no ears exploding. No hyperventilating I'm scared to fly dude sitting in front of me. No walrus in a business suit that reeks of body odor.

Now your second part with the no need of a semi automatic is this.
Criminals that get black market weapons. They get full autos. They get semi autos and convert them. Both illegal! I can provide multiple cases where an AR15, an AK varient, a Mini14, a M1 Carbine has saved someone from a home intruder or home intruders. I get it you won't like to see those facts... and possibly can't wrap your mind around them.

A pistol... meh, a shotgun... they can be much more lethal than a rifle.

Pistols put holes in things.
Rifles shoot holes through things.
Shotguns blow chunks of things all over.

See when you are fed a diet from the media of what to believe naturally it sounds alien that wait they were wrong. I guarantee we meet up. I'd train you and have you shooting safely you'd get it. Technique stance the basic principles field stripping the whole nine yards.

So with the times changing argument... does that mean say the first amendment is open to be reinterpretation to one agenda or the other? Afterall cell phones. Tablets. Desktops. Laptops. None of that existed. This is what the logic is. When you interpret one right. Any right, it leaves all of the others open to reinterpretation to fit an agenda masked as "to fit the times because time changes"

Again. Apply the same regulation and legislation that currently exists on 2A matters to any of the other constitutional matters. Say for free speech. In order to protest or demonstrate you can't spread your message on social media or through emails or online forums. Certain words must not be used unless deemed mentally sound. And may only use them with a permit. Issued by the anointed one.

I'm applying this not in the sense of fire arms, but in a grander scheme of things.

Those in favor of tougher laws, and restrictions on the 2nd. Ditch the 2nd for one minute. Look at the grand scheme. Apply what you seek to the first. The 3rd the 4th the 5th the 8th... any amendment. Ask yourself.

Do you want to go through hoops of fire to practice a God given right guaranteed by the constitution? Pay for a permit to exercise that right? Subject yourself to background checks each time you seek to exercise that right? Be told there are limits to that right that you aren't privileged to but the military, and government bureaucracies and agencies and elected officials can enjoy?

You seek to fundamentally change the constitution and bill of rights in the name of irrational illogical emotion. Because HTC said this. CNN said that...

Look deeper than the matter of limiting restricting firearms. Look back to hitler. Mao. Stalin. Pol Pot. Venezuela. Those atrocities all happened. And the people all believed. Their government would have their best interests in place. There's a reason holocaust survivors tell us today. Do not give up the guns.

You go trading liberties for comfort, based on emotion, you receive neither.
Sure it is easy to say oh the military wouldn't confiscate guns and execute US citizens as a tyrant saw fit...

What happened in Soviet Russia under Stalin? That sick bastard killed his own top advisors and family. Saddam gassed his own people. Hitler wanted any one he felt undesirable and inferior dead. Venezuela forfeit guns and look at how many starve and die under a corrupt government.

Oh but what about Australia? What about here what about there.

What about this is America. Land of the free and home of the brave. Or have we subconsciously tapped out and want to be land of the dependent and home of the afraid?

Fear. I lack it. Ditch fear. It breeds hate.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,166,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1angrytaxpayer View Post
suicides aren't really homicide. People hell bent on offing themselves can find pills and booze as an alternative.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-gun-violence/

shall we talk about explosives? Explosives are easy to make. Shall we ban farming too?
worthless deflection post.

Stop the iron pipeline.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't understand why we have laws against drunk driving because drunk drivers don't obey them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies