Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:03 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm actually surprised some act of terrorism like this hasn't happened already. People filling the streets and home made grenades would be a horrible mix.
There has been discussion during all this that they may stop allowing concerts near high rises. This was just too easy for this guy. And he was there since the 28th, he's had days to set this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It probably does fuel it, but another thing that fuels it is the constant media attention. We will comb over this guy's entire life, his motives, and call this the worst mass shooting in history. Could that be the motive? He wanted fame, or rather infamy.
I have thought for a while that the there should be minimal coverage of these shootings, like don't report the persons name. I have seen many reports that one motivation is the attention the shooter will get afterwards.

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
I'm actually surprised some act of terrorism like this hasn't happened already. People filling the streets and home made grenades would be a horrible mix. Someone could toss off a balcony and just walk away.
For it to be terrorism, there has to be a political motive (religious, race, ideological, etc.)

That could be the case here, but we do not know that yet.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Why do these shootings always make the news, but 50 shootings in Chicago every weekend don't?
Because a guy injured 400 people using rifles from a hotel... duh durp

Old 10-02-2017, 07:05 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There has been discussion during all this that they may stop allowing concerts near high rises. This was just too easy for this guy. And he was there since the 28th, he's had days to set this up.
Think about stadiums packed with people too. Here in SD the stadium holds about 80K and is visible from buildings and even people's backyards.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Think about stadiums packed with people too. Here in SD the stadium holds about 80K and is visible from buildings and even people's backyards.
And the scary thing is potential copycats.

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I suppose you would know. You seemed to get quite the laugh at the idea of killing liberal-voting US citizens.
I really don’t understand this. I just saw this thread and wondered how long someone would bring politics into it. It took 18 posts but I think there were some deleted before that.

This isn’t a question of liberal, conservative, Hillary supporter or Trump supporter. It’s an insane person. While some who post on this forum are passionate or obnoxious, they would not think of doing something like this. To make it a liberal or conservative thing is beyond stupid.

I don’t care what they end up finding out. Liberal or conservative, the guy was just crazy.

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What to say to these things anymore...

America, you love your guns. Firearms are an integral part of your culture, and even the regulations we have now are seen as too much and in need of repeal.
Look at Europe, lots of mass killings. Some with guns, some by running crowds over, some by bombs.

The problem is not the thing used to kill its the people who want to do these things. Until we figure out how to stop them before they strike it will continue.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:07 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Be honest with yourselves America: You have a problem with white terrorism. So much for the theory that good guys with guns would have been the solution.
Did the shooter look white to you?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Be honest with yourselves America: You have a problem with white terrorism. So much for the theory that good guys with guns would have been the solution.
I think most Americans, regardless of political affiliation, have an issue with terrorism in general....

50+ people died last night in Vegas. Whatever the shooter's skin color is or what god he prays to won't change that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies