Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 11:59 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
How do you do that?
Are you immune to federal law?
It's called a loophole, smarty. Just go to any private dealer (who's a gun fanatic, as they are exempt from any federal/state law that does background checks) and I have my whole arsenal. There's plenty around in AZ. Easily found.

You'd think if you were going to be a criminal you'd be dumb about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 12:01 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I can drive to over 20 gun stores within a 10 mile radius of where I live in AZ. I can walk in and get a gun without any background check or any hurdles.
BS. Post a few local-to-you gun stores where I can buy a gun without any background check or any hurdles. Be sure to include their phone numbers. I will call them and ask to have a gun shipped to me tomorrow.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:02 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
It's called a loophole, smarty. Just go to any private dealer (who's a gun fanatic) and I have my whole arsenal. There's plenty around in AZ. Easily found.

You'd think if you were going to be a criminal you'd be dumb about it?

So yer sayin' that no new law would make any difference, right?

Old 10-04-2017, 12:04 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Quote:
So yer sayin' that no new law would make any difference, right?
If guns were much harder to find/get your hands on, you'd think there would be a difference? Gee I wonder.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:11 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Simply by you saying that, just shows how stupid the conversation has come to.

Does it not click that... readily available guns = more shootings? Sure you can blame the people. Sure you can cite the 2nd amendment. Nothing changes the fact that, the more guns you have, the easier it is to get your hands on one to kill if you wanted to.

I live 5 minutes away from a Walmart which sells all kinds of weapons and ammunition which if I wanted to, I could literally drive there, walk out with a few of em and hell start firing away. Versus, let's say if 90% of the guns were gone and nobody sold any (only in the black market), I'd have a much harder time getting my hands on it if I wanted to inflict damage on people.

It's FAR easier to get rid of guns than it is to diagnose and treat mental illnesses. Hence... the most quickest and easiest solution is to simply get rid of guns.

The gun control conversation in America is plain stupid and ideological. The world is literally laughing at us and we as Americans just can't seem to get a clue.... yet we think we're all that. Just look at your response. Instead of getting rid of guns, your solution is to pay for more security at events. What's next on the list? Personal armed body guard following everyone around? Just pure absurdity and stupidity.
I'll say it again.......Guns aren't going anywhere.

100 million gun owners. 325 + million guns.

And no the police or military aren't going door to door to take guns. Not going to happen

Old 10-04-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I can drive to over 20 gun stores within a 10 mile radius of where I live in AZ. I can walk in and get a gun without any background check or any hurdles. Somehow this is the same as getting guns smuggled across the border? Or make one in my backyard? Please. Get your proportions and magnitudes in order.
Wrong. Any gun sale has to have a federal background check. Stop spewing lies

Old 10-04-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
How do you do that?
Are you immune to federal law?
Lol. No he's just lying

Old 10-04-2017, 12:27 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
All that must be done is for the event coordinators shall hire several swat snipers for events that take place near tall buildings.

Charge a quarter extra per ticket to pay for each officers pay.

5000 people multiplied by a quarter is $1250.

$300 bucks each to the officers.

Problem solved.
I believe many events will one day start doing what you said above.

But the republicans are constantly preaching about gun ownership, concealed carry and how the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Why not have American society start trying some of those republican gun beliefs?

These mass murders take place in schools, movie theaters, and hotels. And there are too many of these locations for police to patrol, and when a mass murder happens it takes far too much precious time for police to get to the location.

Why not encourage (or reward with tax credits) institutions like schools, movie theaters, hotels and other places of business to have a gun on the premises. The gun could be locked in a location only employees know about, and employees that pass mental tests, trustworthiness tests and gun training would have a key/combination to get access to the gun. The employees would also need training from police and hostage negotiators on when not to use the gun.

Maybe this sounds like a far-fetched and radical idea, but I believe many principles, teachers and employees at places where mass murders have taken place would have liked to have access to a gun when those events were taking place.

But at the same time placing guns in many/all of Americas businesses and institutions could actually increase the number of mass murders in America (from so many employees having access to a gun while at work.)

Last edited by chad3; 10-04-2017 at 12:39 AM..

Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
How much power do you guys insist on giving this dead freak? Before that jackhole, Vegas was doing just fine without having an army of snipers for every little thing. Jesus.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I believe many events will one day start doing what you said above.

But the republicans are constantly preaching about gun ownership, concealed carry and how the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Why not have American society start trying some of those republican gun beliefs?

These mass murders take place in schools, movie theaters, and hotels. And there are too many of these locations for police to patrol, and when a mass murder happens it takes far too much precious time for police to get to the location.

Why not encourage (or reward with tax credits) institutions like schools, movie theaters, hotels and other places of business to have a gun on the premises. The gun could be locked in a location only employees know about, and employees that pass mental tests, trustworthiness tests and gun training would have a key/combination to get access to the gun. The employees would also need training from police and hostage negotiators on when not to use the gun.

Maybe this sounds like a far-fetched and radical idea, but I believe many principles, teachers and employees at places where mass murders have taken place would have liked to have access to a gun when those events were taking place.

But at the same time placing guns in many/all of Americas businesses and institutions could actually increase the number of mass murders in America (from so many employees having access to a gun while at work.)
I've been saying this for years and so have others. Its the leftists that don't want guns in schools. California just passed a bill a while ago banning guns in schools.

It wouldn't cost too much more to have schools and theatres etc have armed security/off duty police/ retired police , be present when people are there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies