Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 01:22 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
How much power do you guys insist on giving this dead freak? Before that jackhole, Vegas was doing just fine without having an army of snipers for every little thing. Jesus.
I'm only talking about for special events like this one where 20k people are crammed into a small space
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:27 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
All that must be done is for the event coordinators shall hire several swat snipers for events that take place near tall buildings.

Charge a quarter extra per ticket to pay for each officers pay.

5000 people multiplied by a quarter is $1250.

$300 bucks each to the officers.

Problem solved.
No. You’re still going to lose quite a few people.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:32 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerider90 View Post
Ooooorrrr just never leave home, buy your groceries online just in case there is a mass shooter at the supermarket.

Excuse me but we cannot live in fear.
You must be joking.

Americans LOVE to live in fear. That’s one of the reasons they buy so many guns.

I decided to avoid large crowds and confined spaces in 1986 when the Air Force taught me a few things about terrorism.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:34 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,597,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
This response reminds me of how family respond to the woman who is raped.......they take away her car keys.

Long story short, one gun does not do everything.

There is what I said here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/49696510-post339.html

Let's take it from another angle. My standard sidearm is the H&K USP .45. It's a great gun, capable out to 100 yards, shoots dirty, shoots in a mixture of environments, "falls right into place in my hands".

The thing is that in order to carry that concealed, I need a purse, brief case, or field jacket.

So then when it looked like I was going to have an investigator position and be in suits, I changed to carrying a Kimber Ultra Carry .45. I trust the .45 round, it is what I have fired most of my adult life. The Ultra Carry, however, is not as "satisfying" as a larger Kimber 1911. Unless it is absolutely clean, unless the magazines are top notched, it has a tendency to jam.

Further, between the two, the single stack magazine pistol (Kimber) is easier on my hands than the double stacked USP.

Not being entirely happy with the Kimber, I looked for another gun to be my exercise gun, that I could carry when I was biking, for example. My gun dealer sold me a Sig Sauer P239 which by their website :"The P239 was developed in response to demands from law enforcement and federal agents for a compact back-up pistol ideal for off duty concealed carry. The slim profile of this single-stack pistol provides easy concealment without sacrificing handling. "

It's not a .45 but one makes adjustments.

Now, there is one other thing to add to this of "why more than one gun".

If I am fielded with a rifle, I am going to have that USP in a shoulder holster. To me, it is an excellent "secondary battery" to the rifle.

There has been thought, however, of what if someone surprises me, gets close, and goes after the rifle. I can't reach for the USP since it is on my left side and my right hand is involved with the rifle. So perhaps I should have a small caliber, "point defense" pistol on my left hip.

Maybe....that's all just theory right now. While I train with the rifle with the shoulder holster on, it hasn't been put into actual operation.

NOW, that's a lot of detail but then again, in the world of marksmanship, it can involve a lot of detail to those who are not familiar with it.
Wow, wasn't asking, commenting about your life's passion. Don't care.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:52 AM

671 posts, read 445,675 times
Saw this on AOL news. Interesting comment by THE COO down below the report. Something nobody really considered.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ting/23231773/

Here is a cut and paste of that post:
She was in the Philippines. So convenient. Have a friend who is a waiter who is from the Philippines and said Isis is trying to strong hold part of this country. Money was being sent there by him in the thousands. And before they took her Facebook page down she was in Dubaii in 2016. She has cousins there. There are pictures of her on a beach in Dubai. Also she has 5 aliases on Facebook and has 460,000 followers on her Instagram. Why?! Oh yeah her ex husband is in a photo with a same little girl with 4 adult friends in separate pictures with her. Very Odd and suspicious. Especially her boyfriend has his own plane. Anyone say trafficking !!! Dubai is a leading country in trafficking. Oh by the way the shooter her boyfriend was an Obama supporter and was filmed at an Anti Trump Rally. Terrible. The media won't report this since only reported was he was not registered as a republican or democrat. Isis has taken credit twice. Why? He had an arsenal of weapons and this was planned. No past Bipolar or mental issues. The authorities know this girl friend is the key to this atrocity.

So..why kill all those people? Maybe she was going to blow the whistle on him and the money he sent was blackmail? Made him snap and know he was going to die anyway so why not take a bunch out with him? Who knows. But it sure answers some questions I was wondering.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:53 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No. You’re still going to lose quite a few people.
Yes.

10 killed 80 injured.

Vs

60 killed 500 injured.

Both terrible.

One is a much much MUCH better scenario

Old 10-04-2017, 02:29 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The guy wasn't radicalized, this is a backup story because people are questioning the Lone Wolf Gunman with no reason to kill narrative especially now that there's evidence there were other shooters. This was a deep state psyop event carefully planned and carried out to derail that gun suppressor bill and to once again push for gun control.
So they'll either throw ANTIFA under the bus or try to link him with ISIS, their current go to booger man. It won't work as well politically as a lone white crazy who had too many guns, but they'll at least get people looking away from them.
People have to understand that we're ALL in their sights and considered expendable nuisances. That includes conservatives and liberals.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:02 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Something like that being legal really shows the power of the NRA, doesn't it? It makes no sense, you wouldn't use it to hunt or for target practice- it's sole purpose is to kill as many people as fast as you can
Or it shows the power of the 1st Amendment.

Think of all those video games where getting a submachine gun is a prize and then consider anyone who plays such who might want to experience it for real.

Now, I am just theorizing and there is a possibility that I could be wrong. After all, I've played some of those games but I have never fired a full auto. SHRUG, it's one of those gaps in my security back ground such as having never been able to witness a post mortem. Back to the guns, legally or otherwise, it's not such an overwhelming desire to me.

On the other hand, game wise, there's.....well, I think the Dax's said it best in "Field of Fire".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The NRA doesn't even want mentally ill people or people convicted of domestic violence prohibited from having guns, do you really think that Congress could pass a law requiring people to have psychological evaluations before buying a gun?........
Should people have psychological evaluations before they use their right to vote?

After all, are there not people who are saying that anyone who voted for Trump was nuts?

THE THING IS that when we are talking about rights, rights are not a matter of where one has to be evaluated or educated or tested before they use them. They have the right, then and there in the moment, unless they have been deprived of them through due process of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Wow, wasn't asking, commenting about your life's passion. Don't care.
BUT YOU DID ASK as stated below. Hence, I answered your question.
Originally Posted by leilaniguy

He had as many as 42 guns. Please explain why anybody NEEDS more than one.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 10-04-2017 at 03:11 AM..

Old 10-04-2017, 04:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Or how about we get rid of the guns? Problem solved without all this BS with "how to protect ourselves cause we can't trust each other".
So am I, a 40 hour a week guy who lives in a middle class area - allowed to keep a handgun for the protection of my family?

Or are you taking that away too?

Old 10-04-2017, 04:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
arm all concert goers with high-powered, tactical weapons...the Lord helps those that help themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies